Hotel Bookings

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Re: Hotel Bookings

Post by crewmeal »

A-Four - Many carriers try and dangle this carrot in an effort to make you book, but when it comes to the crunch that particular fare has finished and not available, but booking a standard fare, no problem.

I've been looking at accomodation for the summer with different sites and most say 'book now only 1 room available at this price'. How this can apply to Luxor during the summer is beyond me!

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

crewmeal wrote:
I've been looking at accomodation for the summer with different sites and most say 'book now only 1 room available at this price'. How this can apply to Luxor during the summer is beyond me!
'Book Now. Only 1 room available now' and words to that effect ...aren't they part of the reason for this case against booking sites? They lull people into panic booking, unaware that it really means '...available on this site at the moment. Other companies may well have a number of rooms s
available. More are likely to be available in due course '
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

HEPZIBAH wrote:
crewmeal wrote:
'Book Now. Only 1 room available now' and words to that effect ...aren't they part of the reason for this case against booking sites? They lull people into panic booking, unaware that it really means '...available on this site at the moment. Other companies may well have a number of rooms s
available. More are likely to be available in due course '
A recent investigation into several of the leading travel companies has shown this to be a fairly common practice when viewing their sites as is raising a hotels popularity rating based on how much comission was being paid rather than on actual confirmed bookings.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

I think this sham booking system giving misleading info. has or is to be regulated now. I was watching a report on TV last week, it's disgusting.I think the motor boats from the JV to town ceased Carrie after the first revolution and the tourist stopped coming in their mass's. They used to do Fellah's Tent, 3 nights a week and that stopped and was cut to once a week. Now I do not even think they do it at all.