Statement from Little Stars Luxor Charity Treasurer.

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Re: Statement from Little Stars Luxor Charity Treasurer.

Post by Chocolate Eclair »

I agree Lux. but I know of a Charity in Luxor that is providing for the poor in one area at the moment, they have provided, blankets and clothes, a school with new furnishings, things for the children to play with, new decor, and a place in the nearby mosque for the ladies complete with a door for their own privacy. I presume that once this project is completed the Charity will then concentrate on another area.

At this moment of time I am not against any Charity providing for the poor, but there has to be a time when a Country can live without Charity to enable it to grow and be self sufficient.

There may be a time when this Charity will be able to grow now, because I know that the directors of this charity do it for love and nothing else, it has been known for them to use their own money when funds are not available and things are required.

Regarding the Charity in this thread, it may just have run its course, or the rumours everybody heard may have been proven true, we will never know, but I have personally never seen anything on the internet regarding a group trying to have the Chairman deported. they may have decided that Charity begins at home, those that begin things or shout about to get people deported to me are as guilty as those that they get deported. Many of us realise this. How can you deport a chairman from a Country when they do not live here in the first place? I think the word deportment is used in the wrong context here.

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

From having read the statement the woman was not deported, the police went to arrest her maybe fortunately she was not in Egypt at the time and has since been refused entry. Her English husband, the treasurer, has claimed that this was due to a sustained attempt to get her deported. I have no idea what has brought about this situation nor do I care. I am sure however that how ever important some people MAY think they are here, what access or not they have to the Gov, authorities etc they are unable to get the police to arrest anyone without due cause. Especially since the main aim was to help the poor of Egypt and Luxor in particular.
timetraveller

Post by timetraveller »

Glyphdoctor wrote:Perhaps irrelevant wasn't quite the right word, irredeemable would perhaps be more appropriate. When someone publicly and repeatedly states that they feel no shame nor regret about breaking the law and commonly held human values and if they were to do it all over again would do exactly the same thing, there really is no point beyond that in expecting any great wonders from them. They make their bed, they have to sleep in it.

It doesn't actually matter if there is a legal marriage, an orfi marriage, or shacking up, as long as there is already another marriage in existence, all three are equally illegal.

But this is all old stuff and not worth debating. I just never understood how something so public and shameless went on without the expats seeing much wrong about it, leave aside the Egyptians as I don't know what the Egyptians around her thought of it.

So basically you are saying that what is legal and acceptable for Men here is 'shameless' for a woman? 'Legal' and 'Moral' are not necessarily synonymous terms. And the law is not always fair. That should be obvious to everyone, which is perhaps why people do not judge her as harshly as you would have them do. I haven't seen the lady in question for some years, but as I understood it both of her husbands were fully aware of the situation so there was no deception involved.

And what happened to your policy of 'minding your own business?' Recently you lambasted me as 'rude' and 'not decent' for advising newly arrived and unwary women of the possible financial pitfalls of 'marriages' to Luxor gigolo's. This was apparently unwarranted interference in other people's relationships, and 'none of your (my) business'. Regardless of the fact that countless European women and men have lost fortunes both small and large to these tricksters you are happy to 'look the other way' in that situation. Why not in this? Because it really is not your business. You are not the custodian of public morals here or anywhere else. And I repeat, her marital status has nothing whatsoever to do with Little Stars, the MB or the content of the original post.
Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

As the saying goes, illi fat mat. I'm not interested in debating something that happened 10 years ago. I just was curious as to why people weren't bothered by the situation, that's all. You obviously aren't.
Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

Chocolate Eclair wrote: At this moment of time I am not against any Charity providing for the poor, but there has to be a time when a Country can live without Charity to enable it to grow and be self sufficient.
Very true. If every one of these people who started a business instead of a charity, I wonder how many people would be gainfully employed instead of dependent on a handout.

That said, no charity should be dependent on its founder. It should be set up in a way that it can continue its work with or without the founder, who could die just as soon as they could be deported. If it is so tightly controlled as a pet project of its founder then it won't be sustainable. As far as I can tell no actions have been taken against Little Stars, only the founder. This is in spite of the fact that 1100 charities WERE shut down last month due to their associations with the MB. This charity apparently was exempt from that, an important point.
timetraveller

Post by timetraveller »

Glyphdoctor wrote:As the saying goes, illi fat mat. I'm not interested in debating something that happened 10 years ago. I just was curious as to why people weren't bothered by the situation, that's all. You obviously aren't.
No, I'm not. I prefer not to sit in judgement in such situations. And if you're not interested in debating it I wonder why you bothered to bring it up in the first place?
Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

Judgment is for courts. But we are free to choose not to associate with someone for whatever reason we want.

And why do you think I would want to debate it? I just don't understand why others weren't bothered by something. It's a question that has been in my mind, nothing more, nothing less. Especially if you understand the culture here, you would understand why I would wonder.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

''How the mighty do fall.'' No one likes to see people end up in the gutter of disgrace, but sometimes it is necessary for certain individuals to hit the ground to show the rest of us that justice prevails, whether through the legal ways, or by Gods hand. There is always an eventual reward when this event happens as, number 1, no longer will 'the other side' be referred to as the 'dark side' as the black cloud has been lifted. So now we are all basking in the full sunlight together. :up Number 2, the other charities will hopefully benefit from the extra donations, no more prosthetic knee caps needed to be payed for. :up
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Chocolate Eclair wrote:I agree Lux. but I know of a Charity in Luxor that is providing for the poor in one area at the moment, they have provided, blankets and clothes, a school with new furnishings, things for the children to play with, new decor, and a place in the nearby mosque for the ladies complete with a door for their own privacy. I presume that once this project is completed the Charity will then concentrate on another area.

At this moment of time I am not against any Charity providing for the poor, but there has to be a time when a Country can live without Charity to enable it to grow and be self sufficient.

There may be a time when this Charity will be able to grow now, because I know that the directors of this charity do it for love and nothing else, it has been known for them to use their own money when funds are not available and things are required.
Yer know, sometimes, just sometimes on here, the message of true charity comes alive on this site, as stated here above by Choc. Luxor, nay, the whole of Egypt do really look after its poor. Its that thing I have written on here before, I live in an ally, I know my poor, and I, and others look after our poor. You don't just find this in Cairo, you find it throughout the whole of Egypt. For me, Choc here has brought this fact to full glow of his own area, it is HIS back 'yard', he knows the people, he knows the life there. He knows who in his community has some, and those who have none, this is where charity is done, you do not discuss it, you just do what you are able to do, and what you do is between your self and your God. Please also remember that Luxor and WB are not serious poor areas of Egypt, those that disagree with this statement can not have travelled far out of the 'cacoon'.

When I discovered that a certain charity, I mention no names, has handed out fridge-freezer to its 'clients', I felt that its days were numbered, however it is not for I to judge them, but there further 'efforts' in the U.K. may take on something quite different, within a quite short time.

There are two types of charity in Egypt that really do need help, they are the ones that help animal welfare and disabled people both young and old, for the obvious reason that most ex- pats in Luxor will know.
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

IMPORTANT UPDATE: January 2014

The volatile political situation in Egypt has made is very difficult for overseas charities to operate in the country. In late December 2013, the Egyptian Government froze the bank accounts and seized the assets of 1,100 charities making it impossible for them to work and causing great hardship to thousands of people. At the same time a decree was passed stating that anyone who had worked with the Muslim Brotherhood including its charity wing, would be arrested and given a five year prison sentence. The Muslim Brotherhood is the biggest charity in Egypt but has been declared a terrorist organisation even though it was democratically elected as the ruling political party. Since the military coup, several thousand people have been killed and many thousands imprisoned without charge.

On New Year's Day the Chairman of Little Stars returned to Egypt to sign papers and oversee the charity's projects. She was apprehended by Security Forces at the airport and eventually accused of being a security risk. No reason or explanation was given. She was held for 12 hours and then sent back to the UK. Six armed men had come to the clinic to arrest her in October but she was in England. Frustrated by this, the men threatened the clinic's staff.

This has made it impossible for Little Stars operations to continue in Egypt in the long term as everything requires a signature which cannot be given. There are, however, sufficient funds already in Egypt to continue all projects for the next three months at the end of which time the situation will be reassessed.

In the meantime, Little Stars will concentrate on its work in the United Kingdom where they are many children who need help. If you feel you need help from Little Stars help then please call us on 01603 810662 and we will do all that we can to assist you.

Please continue with your support of our projects as funds are still desperately needed. All of our family sponsors will be contacted individually and we can assure them that at present their families are still being cared for.

We will keep you updated of developments as they occur. Thank you.

Source: http://www.littlestars-luxor.org/
Lisak
Palestine

Post by Lisak »

Am I just being thick here? Can she not just hand over the Egyptian side of things to the Egyptian trustees and give them the power to sign stuff?
Never understood the fact that she had to fly out every few weeks to sign stuff anyway.
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I'm with Lisak on this one. Seems to be something I'm not understanding.
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

If anyone wants anything signing in Egypt, I am available at short notice :up
I can write and even have my own specially blunted crayon... ( they don't allow me to possess anything sharp here )

But please don't expect me to pay for my own flights and accommodation, that would be taking the pi... :xx
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

You wake up one morning and state 'I have a dream'. Because this worked out OK for the Black guy that started it all, creating at first a few followers and donators, then hundreds which turned into millions you suddenly see a doorway opening that had never existed in the past. This statement was given a parallel companion, as part od the business plan, 'charity begins at home.' The creator of this parallel universal way of thinking suddenly realized if you were to be seen to do a ''little'' good, personal rewards would be granted and you became a 'star' in the eyes of the givers. As many back and to's from your home country for 'business holidays', free rental perks, expenses never spared. Add a walking stick to accompany the foot dragging gait, walla, instant recognition as an honorable fellow sufferer of humanity. This is a massive sympathy card to have tucked down your knickers. Not only that, but to keep two blokes going at the same time is perseverance personified. Plus, to be given the opportunity to open a supermarket next door to the charity that helps fill the charitable food aid boxes was a master stroke of planning, especially when its your Egyptian husband that suddenly came into ownership of the all singing, dancing business. 'Keep it in the family' is another term coined. I am not saying for one moment that non benefited from this organization because I know of at least one person.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

So should we be anticipating another Rag Magazine tell all to be in the offing?

The last one was 2 females + 1 male and seemed to garner a decent penny.

If this story is 1 female + 2 males it could be worth more to the Rag Mag industry.

If anybody comes across it spare my eyes and don't cut and paste it here to L4U! :td :td
Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Chocolate Eclair »

Less mileage will get done in the Treasurers newly acquired Sports Car, was pointed out to me yesterday, not the foggiest what they meant but hope I nodded yeh and neh in the right places. I presume there is a sports car going cheap in Luxor.