THEY THINK ITS ALL OVER !!!

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: THEY THINK ITS ALL OVER !!!

Post by A-Four »

Be it from me to say, but it appears they have all,.............flocked off. :vs .

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

It's dangerous on the streets here, gives me an uneasy feeling when I need to venture outside. I continue to follow all the self protection guidelines, but unfortunately very few I see on the streets do the same. I'm very happy still living in my self isolation cocoon since March last year, but I'm lucky, still have loads of work every day to keep my sanity. Fortunately I can live quite contentedly if I never see another human face for months so if this goes on until same time next year, so be it. I do know 3 people that have died here due to the covid, all long time friends. But having said all that, I consider it safer to live here than the UK.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Earlier this evening the World Health Organisation (WHO) announced that from now onwards all new variants of Covid 19 will be named after a Greek letter, the variant knob Greg bbbbswn as Alpha, the South African variant Beta and the Indian variant,will be known as Delta.

By the time we get to the last letter, that is if we are all still here, it will be the final letter called OMEGA..............that will be the one to WATCHY :py n :py :py :wi
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

I’m not sure we’ll have to wait too long for an Omega variant.

The latest variant of concern, again from India, has been labelled “Kappa”....so they appear to have jumped the 5 letters of the Greek alphabet after Delta.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Why do you feel unsafe Dusak, is it because people aren't following the guidelines re masks and social distancing?
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

carrie wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:18 pm Why do you feel unsafe Dusak, is it because people aren't following the guidelines re masks and social distancing?
Yes of course, surounded by thoughtless inconsiderate folk that think that it will not affect them. That's why I rarely venture outside. But I am on the waiting list for the jab now, but will still limite my outside time.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

I don't think it's just here though Dusak, as soon as restrictions are lifted anywhere people go mad.
Best do as you say, stay away from folks as much as possible and just be happy that you have the inner resources to be able to live alone.
crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by crewmeal »

Bad news, Egypt has been put on the red list. I guess it was only a matter of time.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

I often wonder if people thought of holidaying in France, Belgium or Germany in 1935 ?
Personally I don't see any difference now, what is it with Britons and holidays ?

It ain't gonna be over until everybody is vaccinated in every country, then it might just be over.
Oh! and closing our airports to all and sundry would help somewhat.
But that's not going to happen anytime soon.

And, if I decide to buy a Euromillions ticket this Friday and win.. I will be landing in El Gouna next week.
But gambling is a 'mugs game and not to dissimilar to holidaying during a pandemic.. 8)
Ps: 'rant over...
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Who2 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:15 pm I often wonder if people thought of holidaying in France, Belgium or Germany in 1935 ?
Personally I don't see any difference now, what is it with Britons and holidays ?

It ain't gonna be over until everybody is vaccinated in every country, then it might just be over.
Oh! and closing our airports to all and sundry would help somewhat.
But that's not going to happen anytime soon.

And, if I decide to buy a Euromillions ticket this Friday and win.. I will be landing in El Gouna next week.
But gambling is a 'mugs game and not to dissimilar to holidaying during a pandemic.. 8)
Ps: 'rant over...
As you say who2, Brits and their holidays, ignore the chance of dieing due to a sudden inability to breath, as long as we can get to Portugal for a two week break suddenly shortened to 2 days. ' ucking 'ell, they've just had 2 extended work free holls at home, ungrateful bunch of twots.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

With the information I gave above, I can not believe that in a week that I have been away from this forum, crazy people have made full plans to either travel soon to Egypt, but actually attempting to travel now ?

These such people should take a journey out to their chief regional hospital, and take a trip down a Covid 19 ward, not forgetting to pay special attention to those patients nearest the 'nurses station'.

The British government is being very careful about what it is saying, and to a certain extent, what they are not saying. However, in Egypt certain people on this forum think everything is fine, rubbish. For example, most people who work in tourism along the Red Sea do not come from those once small fishing towns. At least once a month, these workers travel returning home to see and give money to their family, anywhere and everywhere throughout the Nile Valley.

According to Egyptian media 2% of the population have been vaccinated, if true, it will be the Egyptian armed forces including police who will have had the jab, and certainly not the oldest or poorest. I cannot honestly believe that anyone on this forum takes as gospel, a word that comes out of the 'free' or state media's mouth in Egypt.

It seem even in the U.K. much of the population are being kept in the dark, so over the week end, I shall write up a few notes on what I think people should be aware of, so will write up a separate subject post,.............COVID 19 - 'A new understanding'.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Quote me: "And, if I decide to buy a Euromillions ticket this Friday and win.. I will be landing in El Gouna next week.

Ok! like I said "Gamblings a 'mugs game. So I won't be landing in El Gouna next week or anytime soon.
Sorry about that, and I had already decided to offer any longtime Egypt visitors a free Learjet flight.
And do up my kitchen, and install solar panels and go to my favorite restaurant this Sunday and, and,and..

One can do a lot with £111,540,000.00....££££££ 'mentally..... 8)

Ps: quote lottery ticket strapline: "dream big play small " £10 quid is £10 quid.
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.