New Video's

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

New Video's

Post by Major Thom »

I keep getting new video's through on Social Media, and they are being shared by many Egyptian people. They come via #Revolution. Is there a bit of unrest going on? Three came through today, one a man shouting the odds at a fuel station and waving his wages about before and after paying, Another was woman complaining all they have over the past 4 years is poverty, starvation and the inability to look after the elderly because they have no money for drugs and medication. The other one was a demonstration at a rally by the President by women. I am not too sure where they originate from, but social media friends always share. I was under the impression according to the video's that women are now saying what men cannot, or that is the translation. Do you get these living there yourselves, or are they mainly aimed at the outside World?

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: New Video's

Post by newcastle »

Major Thom wrote:I keep getting new video's through on Social Media......
So do I :lol: All knickers & bras plus numbers to ring...

I hope yours are more interesting. :wi
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Major Thom wrote:I keep getting new video's through on Social Media,...... I am not too sure where they originate from, but social media friends always share. .....
:a71:

I have to assume that will be the social media that you claim not to use.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Its the social media for Twits..... These keep coming through attached to e-mails but are clips from SM. They do go to my Spam box because the e-mails have attachments, and also because they are from Egyptian senders. No I do not get anything like you say Newc. but that is mainly due to the filters on incoming things. I believe when they use a hashtag before anything it's from a Twitter account. ie #Revolution.....

It's easy to filter things using ESET Security, whatever you set it to it pre warns you first, ie anything that starts or ends with xx will not be allowed through, hard swearing again is blocked etc etc. If you want to read theses things you have to unblock the sites, other wise they are vaulted, and emptied.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

:tk Opening attachments from unsolicited e-mails? I would check your online banking accounts, probably a key stroke reader is hard at it as I type.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

You never know "D"..... :lol: In actual fact I do know who is sending the video's to me, I presume he is downloading them from Twitter due to Facebook in Egypt being closely monitored. I bet he thinks Twitter is safer. I think everything is monitored in Egypt due to paranoia, and the lack of self esteem.....
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Best thing is the opening credits to Dairy of a Nympho..2008
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1111890/?ref_=nv_sr_6
They don't make opening credits like that, these days
Ps: even Charlie Chaplin's daughter is in it, Geraldine..... 8)
Pss: Interesting....
'Geraldine Leigh Chaplin was born in Santa Monica, California, to Oona Chaplin (née O'Neill) and legendary entertainer Charles Chaplin (A.K.A. Charlie Chaplin). She is a granddaughter of playwright Eugene O'Neill and a great-granddaughter of stage actor James O'Neill. She attended the Royal Ballet Academy in London. She was discovered by David Lean when she was dancing in Paris, which led to her role in Doctor Zhivago (1965). She has two children, Shane and Oona Chaplin. "I never knew that!
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Had another one today showing Sadat telling people there were going to be no increases that would hurt the people of Egypt. Goodness knows where these are coming from, at first I thought they were not real, however the one today came from a media source in Alexandria....So Alexandria might be the the next place to be ransacked, just for those who are thinking of moving to Alexandria!
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Alexandria has been ransacked all ready, nothing left.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Some people still like Alexandria though, probably just the sailors knowing its a port.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Major Thom wrote:Some people still like Alexandria though, probably just the sailors knowing its a port.
Alexandria is a strange place on first impression but it has a lot to offer. It would certainly have suited your shopping habits better.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

I liked Alexandria, people were friendly and seemed more European in their attitude, even little things like them minding their own business and not yours was so apparent :up I got a huge impression that they did not like Luxorians though, when in conversation if I mentioned that I lived in Luxor, I was always asked why, they always said that Luxorians give the rest of Egypt a bad name. :st
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

DJKeefy wrote:I liked Alexandria, people were friendly and seemed more European in their attitude, even little things like them minding their own business and not yours was so apparent :up I got a huge impression that they did not like Luxorians though, when in conversation if I mentioned that I lived in Luxor, I was always asked why, they always said that Luxorians give the rest of Egypt a bad name. :st
That's absolutely right.

Egyptians view Luxor as a modern day Sodom and Gomorrah.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Cannot understand why???

Our packers and transporters were from Cairo and while they were packing our things up to transport they were telling us that Luxor was not one of the places they thought too much about and how much it differed from the Northern Cities and Towns. Their attitude was get in and get out fast. The leader of the packers and the inventory maker, told us that the place is so far behind other places trying to pretend it is cosmopolitan but it has not got the education to back it up. He went on to say its probably because there is no money or investment takes place to change it.

So yes I can understand your post DJ and see why they are not keen on Luxor. I can also see why they think the place is the modern day Sodom and Gomorrah due to the fact it is! and they are not the only ones that think so...

But it goes to show when you invest in a place it invests back, when you leave a place to fester you get nothing in return, and that I believe is what has happened to Luxor.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

From what I hear from Cypriot friends they think the same about North & South Cyprus.... 8)
Ps: The South being the sh*thole.
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Yildez
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Yildez »

Who2 wrote:From what I hear from Cypriot friends they think the same about North & South Cyprus.... 8)
Ps: The South being the sh*thole.

Yep, and I speak from experience! North Cyprus - fabulous! South - never again!
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Is that the reason why people are wanting to move from the North then???? Catch up on your News...........
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

What people MT?

There is an excellent article Called The Realities of Living in North Cyprus here
https://degtev.com/the-realities-of-ret ... th-cyprus/

It starts thus:
A recent survey commissioned by NatWest Bank relating to retiring abroad, the nations people favour for their overseas retirement and the reasons for considering leaving the UK behind revealed many interesting findings such as the fact that cost and standard of living are driving factors behind many would-be expatriate retirees’ thoughts about moving abroad when they retire. Today we will be speaking about retiring to North Cyprus and whether it is a good choice to set up a retirement home.

And finishes thus:

Finally – in terms of considering Northern Cyprus as an attractive retirement destination it does have a great deal in its favour. It is beautiful, for the majority of the year it has a fabulous climate, property is affordable, the cost of living can be cheap, the standard of living can be on a par with that you would enjoy in the UK, you can legally move to the island and potentially even reduce your tax bill. Health care is affordable and readily available – although retiring expats should consider a private health insurance policy. If you look at health insurance make sure you’re covered in North Cyprus and also think about what you would do if you needed long term care – there are not the same facilities in Northern Cyprus as there are in the UK for example.
As a potential nation for retirement abroad, Northern Cyprus is certainly a strong contender.

Do keep up MT ;) :lol:
Smile! It confuses people
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

But living in the North would mean having to endure the dreadful muezzin calls :lol:

Moreover, health care in the North is probably not as cheap, or as readily available, to European expats as it is in the South.

Mental health care facilities are particularly relevant.....particularly for refugees from Egypt :roll:
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

"Is that the reason why people are wanting to move from the North then???? Catch up on your News"...........

Just remember the words from this post!! Because I will be using them in the future...

I suppose that the calls 5 times a day appeal to people along with the month of fasting...Very few people go from the South to the North unless for a few days visit... Like visitors to the North say after 2 or 3 days you have seen the North and look forward to coming South. I have not been to the North and have no intentions at the moment of doing so, but I do listen to people on two centre holidays. I agree the beaches may be better, but you cannot do much sunbathing between 8.30pm and 4.45am. Most people say that entertainment in the North is limited for reasons I cannot think of at the moment!! They are trying to unify the North and the South at the moment but are coming up with a lot of problems, last year the South walked out of the talks, the North demanded too much that would interfere with the Souths lifestyle.