What a great week

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

What a great week

Post by Major Thom »

We are coming to the end of a fabulous week with our friends from WB Luxor, been to Tala Monestery, Latchi, Baths of Aphroditi, Addonis Bath and falls, Sea Caves., followed by a Mezzi at Tala Square, where we were fascinated by the dancing waters. Today we have been to to Troodos and Mt. Olympus followed by a great meal at a Taverna on the way home. We have all had a fabulous week and I have caught up with all the Luxor news, they have lived there 15 years and had much to tell us. Thursday they fly back to what they call the humdrum..... :wf2: :wf2: :snig: :snig: :snig:

Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Re: What a great week

Post by Horus »

Baths of Aphroditi
Is it still full of Eels?
hatusu
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by hatusu »

I think Keefy is in danger of contravening the Trades Descriptions Act - I really think the forum name should be changed to LuxorandCyprus4U.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

hatusu wrote:I think Keefy is in danger of contravening the Trades Descriptions Act - I really think the forum name should be changed to LuxorandCyprus4U.
:a34:
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

No the bath's are pure clean blue waters Horus, I did a bit of snorkeling while there, saw nothing but rocks and sand. It's nothing to do with contravening anything, these folk were from Luxor enjoying the sites sound and food on offer. and I am explaining what these Luxor folk thought, whats wrong with that? however it's only what I would expect... These folk have had a great time and so have we showing them a different culture, showing them different entertainment, food and sights. If you think about it, why complain? no one does about the Clerkenwell Catacombs or the different places around London when people comment. But then again one sided comments do seem to come my way so now they just ring empty. It may be tht people of Egypt do not get to see sights and sounds of other Countries and therefore need to get to the souk and see if the Ëye of Horus does work or not, a good test. I always find that enjoyment does not get met kindly with Luxor folk, it maybe what your going through this month, I do not know, but for the time being to see Egyptian folk having a great time and really enjoying themselves is a rare sight.... When I see this it is worth reporting it, so others (If they can) might want to try it. these people have had major reviews when they put pictures on of their adventure, especially from other Egyptian people, and really I see nothing wrong with that...
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

. But then again one sided comments do seem to come my way
:)))

Pot...kettle...black.

I could fill several pages with pictures, and descriptions, of Egyptians enjoying themselves as they celebrate Ramadan. If you never noticed it, you really must have spent your entire time in Egypt with your head up your a*se.

If, by "Egyptian folk", you actually mean expats, why on earth would you expect them, generally, to celebrate and enjoy Ramadan? It's a time of relevance to muslims. Surely even the most ignorant of expats realises that Ramadan is a time of fasting and contemplation The celebration occurs after sunset...and of course at Eid

Rather like Christmas is to christians (although its religious significance seems to escape most) Many muslims in Egypt seem to enjoy Christmas, despite it relating to an alien faith
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Major Thom wrote:We are coming to the end of a fabulous week with our friends from WB Luxor, been to Tala Monestery, Latchi, Baths of Aphroditi, Addonis Bath and falls, Sea Caves., followed by a Mezzi at Tala Square, where we were fascinated by the dancing waters. Today we have been to to Troodos and Mt. Olympus followed by a great meal at a Taverna on the way home. We have all had a fabulous week and I have caught up with all the Luxor news, they have lived there 15 years and had much to tell us. Thursday they fly back to what they call the humdrum..... :wf2: :wf2: :snig: :snig: :snig:
I'm glad to see that you and your friends enjoyed some quality time together, although I can only guess that any news concerning this neck of the woods would already have been covered on here, but perhaps its better to receive a differing perspective to current events.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

No the bath's are pure clean blue waters Horus, I did a bit of snorkeling while there, saw nothing but rocks and sand
In that case you must have been swimming somewhere else MT, the Baths of Aphrodite near Paphos are located at the top of a winding trail path and it is a small rock grotto, like looking into a small open cave mouth. After a slog in the heat you really do want to jump in and cool off but the manky water is full of very large Eels. No doubt you mean Aphrodite’s Rock, a completely different place as it is on a beach.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

From what I have heard, Northern Cyprus is highly different than Southern Cyprus, I was wondering which part
of Cyprus do you live in MT ?.... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Horus wrote:
No the bath's are pure clean blue waters Horus, I did a bit of snorkeling while there, saw nothing but rocks and sand
In that case you must have been swimming somewhere else MT, the Baths of Aphrodite near Paphos are located at the top of a winding trail path and it is a small rock grotto, like looking into a small open cave mouth. After a slog in the heat you really do want to jump in and cool off but the manky water is full of very large Eels. No doubt you mean Aphrodite’s Rock, a completely different place as it is on a beach.
Seems MT is a knowledgeable about Cyprus as he was about Luxor.

Reviewed August 12, 2016 via mobile
Snake and eel invested waters
Hmm we were under the impression we could bath in the waters I guess we were wrong, it's a murky pond with water snakes and eels and nothing more than that! The walk to the bath of murk is not good for anybody that may get out of breath and definitely not good for any disabled folks. Not worth the visit. If your a keen hiker then maybe continue up the 6k climb in dry dust and take plenty of water the views arw amazing but very lonely.

Ask Cescmarley22 about Baths of Aphrodite

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserRev ... trict.html#
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Who2 wrote:From what I have heard, Northern Cyprus is highly different than Southern Cyprus, I was wondering which part
of Cyprus do you live in MT ?.... 8)
He lives in the South and yes the North really has the best beaches starting at Famagusta in the East and going anti clockwise to the North although Famagusta is out of bounds since the invasion.
Yildez
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Yildez »

Northern Cyprus is VERY different from Greek Cyprus!! Much better food, no mass tourism - so no karaoke, tribute bands, hordes of drunken Europeans, English breakfasts etc!! Wonderful scenery, lots of deserted beaches, plenty of Greco/Roman sites, I love it!
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

I agree Yildez, such lovely places as Salamis to the north of Famagusta, believed to have been founded by the brother of Ajax after the Trojan War. :up

And not everything is perfect in paradise, the very same Tala Square last year, the comments below the article are very telling. ;)
https://cyprus-mail.com/2017/04/18/tala ... andalised/
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

I have a couple of friends who live in the North, they say the South is sh*t in comparison.... 8)
Ps: Perhaps MT should consider relocating again.......la whaala!
Pss: Perhaps not, he would miss Björn Again even the Veagls.....
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Yildez
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Yildez »

Horus wrote:I agree Yildez, such lovely places as Salamis to the north of Famagusta, believed to have been founded by the brother of Ajax after the Trojan War. :up

And not everything is perfect in paradise, the very same Tala Square last year, the comments below the article are very telling. ;)
https://cyprus-mail.com/2017/04/18/tala ... andalised/

Salamis is FABULOUS if you're interested in ancient cities! I am!
Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Winged Isis »

I couldn't believe what I saw on my first visit to Cyprus, while working on an archaeological excavation at Paphos. Wall-to-wall restaurants and bars proudly proclaiming "British owned" , offering warm UK beer, roast beef/Yorkshire pud dinners etc, in dark, gloomy English pub décor, in 35 degree heat. Madness. Fancy going all that way and not experiencing all that wonderful Greek food, eating al fresco in that glorious weather. That was in 1997 and 1998. I shudder to think what it's like now.
Carpe diem! :le:
Yildez
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Yildez »

Yep! Totally different in Northern Cyprus - well worth a visit Winged Isis!
Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Winged Isis »

Yes, totally agree. Loved it.
Carpe diem! :le:
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Aphroditi's Bath is at a small village near Latchi, and not near Paphos 40KM away, Aphroditi's Rock is near Paphos on the way out to the airport. You are more likely to see eel's in Adonnis Bath's which is accessible basically with a 4x4, you would wreck the suspension on a normal car, unless of course its a hire car or a quad. Very few people go to the North due to the fact not a lot goes on, only in the tourist resorts, at the moment some of them will be celebrating Ramadan, another reason they will not cross over.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

It is still near to Paphos when talking about Cyprus, like saying Altringham near Manchester and it was me who told you where Aphrodites Rock was after you said you had been swimming in Aphrodites Bath which is not clean as you are telling us, but full of eels, you obviously went to the wrong place. :tk