The Salisbury nerve agent case.

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

The Salisbury nerve agent case.

Post by newcastle »

The Russian ambassador to EU appears to suggest that the nerve agent deployed in Salisbury could have come from Porton Down. A diabolical scheme to blacken Russia's name presumably.

It could also have come from the dark side of the moon.

Crime investigations require examination of evidence, possibilities, probabilities and sometimes, at the end, the wielding of Occam's Razor.

No doubt the events in Salisbury will generate Panorama documentaries long after memories have faded. A bit like Jack the Ripper being a royal prince or MI6 murdering Princess Diana because she was sleeping with an Egyptian.

All good fun.

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: The Salisbury nerve agent case.

Post by newcastle »

Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter from a different perspective and without being condemning of one's views and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and everyone's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Living quite close to Salisbury, this incident is fltaking up lot of our local news. There are certainly a lot of unanswered questions, and each day brings new questions as the case progresses. I doubt the whole truth will ever be known.

I was going to go to meet up with a friend yesterday, our plan being to go to Salisbury for some shopping and lunch. It wasn't the fear of nerve agents and Russian spys that put us off but the awful driving conditions because of the snow.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Thank God for the British weather (oooh! It's a bit cold, innit)....takes my mind off the crap filling UK TV and newspapers.

Not long before I return to the relative sanity of Egypt where the news is predictable and no-one gives a sh*t.
crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by crewmeal »

It doesn't help when stupid Boris makes senseless statements and Gavin Williamson tells the Russians to shut up and go away. Why can't these people just keep their mouths firmly shut and let the PM get on with the job.
Not long before I return to the relative sanity of Egypt where the news is predictable and no-one gives a sh*t.
Same here, be it for only 2 weeks.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

newcastle wrote:Thank God for the British weather (oooh! It's a bit cold, innit)....takes my mind off the crap filling UK TV and newspapers.
On the whole I'd tend to agree with you. However, when I left home it started snowing heavily and I had no wish to get to Salisbury, only to have problems getting back. It may be close, but not that close if we had a problem. Neither of us are spring chickens anymore and were quite happy to meet for coffee more locally to us.

If Salisbury has the covering of snow I have woken to today, it will no doubt hamper the investigation further. Not being a scientist, I wonder if the feezing temperatjres will have any effect on the efficiency of any remaining traces of this chemical.
-Aldous Huxley
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

crewmeal wrote:It doesn't help when stupid Boris makes senseless statements and Gavin Williamson tells the Russians to shut up and go away. Why can't these people just keep their mouths firmly shut and let the PM get on with the job.
Have to agree. Hardly surprising the Russian chap questioned the British ones education. Such infantile comments as ' Russia should shut up and go away' do nothing but bring scorn and embarrassment. Had it been a sound bite from Joe Bloggs on the street it would have been understandable, but from a polititian it is appalling.
-Aldous Huxley
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

If it had been Joe Blogs on any street in the UK it would of been more like ''nuke the ****** lot of the Trotsky barstewards.''
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by crewmeal »

Boris Johnson at it again. :x

https://news.sky.com/story/live-boris-j ... t-11298986

I do wish Mrs May would fire this guy. I have nothing but utter contempt for him.
Hafiz
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Hafiz »

The good part of the story is that the copper who was contaminated has now left hospital and gone home.

There are 10/12 similar deaths - KGB/FSB - in England in the last few years. Tony Blair minimized/ignored the killing with nuclear material of the chap whose Biafrian image was in the media quite a few years ago. To me the big story is this decade of avoidance/cover up/indifference. The role of the Metropolitan Police and the London coroner in relation to these previous mysterious deaths is troubling and will probably never be looked at. How this 10 year pattern could have been ignored is beyond me but may involve moral failings in the Cabinet and police. One suspects that the 'injury' to the copper and the daughter might have aroused more positive 'feelings'/media hype/sympathy/public opinion polling/telephone calls to constituency offices.

It seems not unlikely that the poison was set by someone from the London Embassy - although botched. The timing with the Russian election is hard to make sense of.

I do not know whether the UK scientists can look at the molecular structure to determine its origin but the simple story is that this poison was only ever developed by the Russians and they destroyed all of it under UN supervision ages ago (no they didn't) and they have never reported a loss/theft to the UN.

Every idiot knows that there are at least another 10/11 in Russia, usually troublesome political/journalistic figures who have been disposed of. Anyone who looks into the Leningrad Council at a particular time when $US120-150 million (1991 dollars so double/treble it) went missing seems to get killed. No prizes for guessing who worked at the Leningrad Council at this particular time when the money came from the west to feed starving citizens - and then went missing.

For those who read newspapers there should be no surprises in this recent UK event about Putin and Putin's incredibly corrupt and repressive Russia.

There is so much dirty Russian money in London (and Cyprus, Malta and the crown dependencies in the Caribbean and Chanel Islands) that taking a strong position is not easy if you are 'influenced' by financial vested interests. The opposite is also true. BP has 20% of Russia's biggest oil company whose chairman is a proscribed person as far as the yanks are concerned. This means that the BP member of the Russian board cannot be in the board room at the same time as the Russian crook who is not a crook as far as her majesty's government is concerned. What a mess, compounded by Germany's dependence on Russian gas and Schroeder's (former Chancellor) financial and personal intimacy with the very enticing Russian assets. He is a dreadful person.

Sooner or later someone has to work out whether Putin is the new Hitler following which the UK will do what it did from 1933-39 - appeasement. During all those years the Times and all the other media aggressively supported the view that reason and good manners would prevail and Churchill was denigrated as a crazed, drunken fool.

Its now up to Angela as the leader of the Free World. There are no other leaders at this time. I suspect this event will not go far until Putin's next bad boy initiative. Given he poses a greater threat to Europe its interesting that the European sanctions against him are a lot less than the US ones. As ever the Americans will think Europeans decadent, indecisive and appeasing when faced with danger. Its often true.