Illogical.

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Illogical.

Post by carrie »

Two news reports made me realize how illogical my thinking can be.
13 children kept half starved, chained, unable to wash and shown food that they weren't allowed to eat. My reaction lock up the monsters who did this and give them the same treatment that they inflicted on their children.
Next a report on the living conditions in some British prisons, filthy, cockroach infested, terrible. Should not be allowed in the British Penal system. No one should have to live like that.
Well one or the other, decent, civilized living conditions for all or segregate a special few who are subjected to what amount to torture.
Loss of freedom is supposed to be the punishment not inhuman treatment so I take it back you parents of the 13, prison for life if found guilty.

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Re: Illogical.

Post by Who2 »

“You can judge a society by how well it treats its prisoners”.
Dostoevsky.......... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Says a lot for Egypt then 8)
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

What is known up till now concerning this house of horrors in America beggars belief. Shackled to beds, hog tied, countless unopened toys stacked in their rooms but forbidden to touch them, many suffered strangulation as punishment, only one shower per year, beaten if they washed their hands past their wrists. One of the girls, now seventeen, had been planning their escape for two years, finally the opportunity presented itself by way of an open window, she escaped and alerted the police. They couldn't believe what they found. All the kids were undernourished and many have brain disorders of sorts due to this terrible inhuman treatment. Yes, the parents are solely responsible, but some burden of blame must go towards the neighbours. The mother was pregnant at least thirteen times, yet no one wondered why they never saw or hear the kids. And what about close friends and relatives? They must have had some. Both parents are in denial towards any wrongdoing. When found guilty they should never see the light of day again, and presumably all those children with now have to be separated in new homes or institutions. As for the conditions in the prisons, **** 'em.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Whatever else evolution has done in creating our species - so superior in intelligence to the rest of the animal kingdom - it has also created a species capable of indescribable gratuitous cruelty, not only to other species, but also to our own. And occasionally to our young.

We are truly unique :(
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Bet they were Republicans...
'spare the rod spoil the child. Trumps' children.... 8)
Sophocles.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

I only remember my mother slapping me once, when she thought I'd knocked a neighbours bike over after she told me to keep away from it. Actually I was standing a few feet away when to my horror the darn bike fell over with a crash.

However, I was often envious of my friends and told them I would far rather have a quick hard slap than have my mother droning on, nag, nag, nag, for weeks sometimes though it seemed like eternity.

I certainly slapped my children. Not often, but hard enough for them to remember it. A quick slap at the time of the offence in the interests of their or someone else's safety, is very different from a beating.
Smile! It confuses people
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

And slap them today and you get slapped with a fine, have them taken off you, or get taken to court by the rug rats themselves for assault of a minor. In all my childhood I never received a slap from my mother and only one clip on the back of the head from my father because I had learned a new word at school, f*** off, so shouted it out load in the street. I remember that he was full of remorse after the act, apologized and stated that it was the last time he would hit me, which it was. I did though receive an explanation as to why it was wrong to use such words in public. My kids mother was a smacker, but I never hit the kids once, my tone of voice was enough to stop anything they did wrong.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Egypt is different it has laws to its own, surely you should know that Horus! :lol: :lol:
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

As my headmaster used to play billiards with my Father it was always a 'toss-up who got to beat me.
In another school I held the record for being beaten with more objects for over 2 years until the son
of some African state leader took the record off of me.
It was one of those public schools where the prefects were allowed to administer physical punishment.
Public meaning Private..... 8)
Ps: I normally deserved it...la whaala!
I could say I had a hard childhood as my Mum died when I was 8, but that's a load of 'cobblers, I just liked causing mischief.
Sophocles.