Any info on Laura Plummer

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Re: Any info?

Post by carrie »

This is thread is getting very confusing.

Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

I agree Carrie, we started off about potential drug smuggling and end up talking about a moron :urm: maybe it hasn't gone that far adrift after all. ;)
Adamantium

Post by Adamantium »

Bringing it back to topic on one of the Laura support pages one person who ended up in an Egyptian jail on trumped up drug charges stated 'The Police have to set you up so they can keep their jobs.' A bold statement but I can see where it comes from. If there are no arrests they wouldn't need so many people. This person is not Egyptian but American. I would imagine there is enough crime committed by Egyptians.

He like Laura's family feel that not enough support is being given by their own Government. I would hate to be out in the cold like them.
Adamantium

Post by Adamantium »

We can measure how precious freedom is when measures against her situation. I have read other stories relating to foreigners in Egyptian jails. Through her pages we gain a greater insight. It leaves us with a vivid picture of Egyptian incarceration far move than we need to deter any wrongdoing and do all necessary to prevent being in the same position. Her family would wish her to stay strong but when they see her broken words are never enough.
FarleyFlavors

Post by FarleyFlavors »

Mad Dilys wrote: :urm: There's reports on both sides
No there aren't.

You may dislike him but there's no need for lies in an attempt to back up your prejudice.
Adamantium wrote:He hosts a show for celebrities who either want to hang onto what little fame they have or who care more for fame than for their own dignity.
You're referring to Celebrity Juice, for which he won a BAFTA for Best Entertainment Host in 2016.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_A ... ance#2010s
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Just to let you know Carrie we recorded our reports onto a disc called a Dictaphone, we labelled them and put them in a Typing pool envelope to be typed up, no laptops or anything like that in them days. Just pen, paper and typing pool. Before we got them back they had been read by normally the shift inspector. Has for Kieth Lemon and Bo Collector I don't know either but think they may be in this group of alternative comedians, and in that case would not know. Prefer the likes of early Dave Allen, and Doddy. There used to be a painfully thin guy who used to come on the TV with long lanky black hair, a real nutter, cannot think of his name at the moment, but think he was married to another unknown to me Katy Perry. He was another could not understand or even use the electric on my TV to watch. But they all come and eventually all go.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Major Thom wrote:Just to let you know Carrie we recorded our reports onto a disc called a Dictaphone, we labelled them and put them in a Typing pool envelope to be typed up, no laptops or anything like that in them days. Just pen, paper and typing pool. Before we got them back they had been read by normally the shift inspector. Has for Kieth Lemon and Bo Collector I don't know either but think they may be in this group of alternative comedians, and in that case would not know. Prefer the likes of early Dave Allen, and Doddy. There used to be a painfully thin guy who used to come on the TV with long lanky black hair, a real nutter, cannot think of his name at the moment, but think he was married to another unknown to me Katy Perry. He was another could not understand or even use the electric on my TV to watch.[ But they all come and eventually all go.
]

You above all your other selves would know more about that. :lol:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Well HAS you passed your reports via Dictaphone to the typing pool then I suppose they did eventually make some sense of them.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

I'm reading a book at present on the Northern Bank Heist of 2004, the personalized inscription reads:
"To Bruce You'll know better than most the pain you endure attempting to words order put in sense make!
Chris Moore.
Im' sure MT can easily make sense..... 8)
Ps: Oh! Sim and her Cat 'Brutus color coordinated, it's ffff freezing here in Blighty.....
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

So it's often the way, after the initial visits to view the 'animals, the interest wears thin.
And then it's 'put your head down and do your 'bird.

So as Laura (drug mule) has been shunted to the back, I reinvigorate her.....

Her lawyer Mohamed Osman has warned that she could still be locked up for seven years even if she is cleared of any crime.

A legal source said she was being treated as an 'international drug smuggler.' ( Well she is QED )

Meanwhile she has reportedly been abandoned by Caboo after he fled the Red Sea resort and has not visited her in custody.
"I think he now has another 'squeeze from Oldham..... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Adamantium

Post by Adamantium »

Apparently Omar visited her. She has also been moved to a cell with a bed. The cell she shares with another British woman. It is hoped somehow that as part of the anniversary of the revolution she might be shown leniency. Has it ever been the case like in Ancient Judea Sisi would free a Prisoner to mark a revolution they definitely did not support. It would be great but sounds like they are clutching at straws.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Well...Sisi recently pardoned a wealthy businessman convicted of ordering an assassin to murder his mistress by slitting her throat.

What's smuggling a few tablets compared with that?

Do you think her family - or The Sun/Daily Mail - could whip up a donation to the Egyptian Army Benevolent Fund ?
Adamantium

Post by Adamantium »

Mercy is a good thing. It will make Sisi look good against this horrendous situation with Laura. It would be good for Egypt as fear should not be a factor in coming to Egypt.coming to Egypt was always an adventure being on the Egyptair flight knowing in five hours there was Egypt. Getting through Luxor airport was never hassle. Stepping out into that heat then being at the mercy of the hassle of taxi drivers soon we came to the thick of it all even after a day of travel I had to ditch the luggage and rush out and have an adventure.

And then to before this could happen be nabbed at the airport instead of a taxi a police van. Instead of a visa a forced confession. Imagine being in her shoes. With all of the wonders of Egypt or not in her case having heard Hurghada is tacky only then to end up in Cell block H. H for Hell.

If Sisi can pardon an assassin and as a leader he should have no love for assassins then he can show leniency towards Laura.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Adamantium wrote:Mercy is a good thing. It will make Sisi look good against this horrendous situation with Laura. It would be good for Egypt as fear should not be a factor in coming to Egypt.coming to Egypt was always an adventure being on the Egyptair flight knowing in five hours there was Egypt. Getting through Luxor airport was never hassle. Stepping out into that heat then being at the mercy of the hassle of taxi drivers soon we came to the thick of it all even after a day of travel I had to ditch the luggage and rush out and have an adventure.

And then to before this could happen be nabbed at the airport instead of a taxi a police van. Instead of a visa a forced confession. Imagine being in her shoes. With all of the wonders of Egypt or not in her case having heard Hurghada is tacky only then to end up in Cell block H. H for Hell.

If Sisi can pardon an assassin and as a leader he should have no love for assassins then he can show leniency towards Laura.
And be seen to be bowing to Western sentiment/criticism?

Very unlikely!

Ms Pummer and her backers, and the press coverage, blew any chances in that direction.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

But will education standards and others allow it Adamantium? they look at things in Egypt through Blinkers.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

She is a convicted, self confessed, drug smuggler why all the sympathy?
All this fuss about "poor" Laura is doing her no good at all, better a lower profile then when things have calmed down there may be a possibility of parole and she can make a fortune selling her story.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Now, on a far more interesting note, as poor Laura keep tabs on me mum, has been done to death, literally speaking that is :lol: what's the info on her Brit cell mate.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by crewmeal »

According to Sky news it looks like 'Fanny Anne' could be released as early as tomorrow.

Update - The Sun says!! Sky are following it.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5427382/b ... ts-pardon/
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

crewmeal wrote:According to Sky news it looks like 'Fanny Anne' could be released as early as tomorrow.

Update - The Sun says!! Sky are following it.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5427382/b ... ts-pardon/

It's the Sun wot won it !
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

I wonder if she'll be fined for overstaying her visa :lol: :lol: