Me and my Liar...

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Me and my Liar...

Post by Who2 »

Sorry I meant, me and my lawyer...
Flogging my Jeep Iv'e been spending many many hours with him. Iv'e known him for over 15 years.
But never discussed so much for so long and in such depth...
We have discussed everything from 'cabbages and kings over the last few months
'idling time whist the Egyptian civil service slowly grinds on and on and on.....
Over the months I have watched a German business man threaten to thump someone, many many arguments, been arrested, my mate was also arrested,
I signed my signature 7 times alone today but made friends of a couple of useful top coppers.
Oh! and met the Governor. That was a surprise.
Do Not, I repeat Do Not aim to become a second-hand car dealer in Egypt..
I explained to him my old adage "Who the f*** needs or even wants an honest Lawyer ?
As asked of me by many ex-pats:
Answer: Only really stupid people! 'there is no such thing,
only lawyers with a good heart and also a worry about being 'kneecapped.
Be lucky..... 8)

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Re: Me and my Liar...

Post by Major Thom »

I think your spelling was correct in the firs place Dr, this group of so called professionals need to clean their act up to call themselves professionals. Could think of many others names too. :lol:
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

He who acts as lawyer for himself has a fool for a client - Abraham Lincoln

He who uses an Egyptian lawyer to act for him is an even bigger fool - Newcastle

P.S. A fool and his money are soon parted - Anonymous
Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Winged Isis »

Not really. :snig:
Carpe diem! :le:
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

I assume you are still using the same lawyer as you always have my dear Dr. I hope he has got his license back to operate, because if he ain't then with regards to presenting a case in court he is simply a lawyer's secretary, and therefore will need a solicitor to represent any client in court,.....therefore extra cost to the client whether or not litigation. A bit like how a solicitor in England operates for a barrister to act for a client in the Crown Court.

By the way, can he now park his car at night on the street, or does he still hide it away for fear of damage as a result of his misdeeds. :wi .
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Well I must be a pretty good judge of character in people, else I wouldn't have survived this long.
Whence one stole for fun, one also stole their hearts and minds.
Back to the Jeep...I thought after months all would be done & dusted, fool that I am.
Seems the East bank differs in many ways from the West Bank, including the traffic police or courts not sharing information.
Everybody seems in agreement upon what's holding this Country back.
So it's back over d'nile this Saturday to meet more lawyers than taxi-drivers, probably signing my name again and again.
It's no wonder nobody bothers to register or tax their modes of transport.
"Bring back donkeys I say"
last I night went to the 'City of Jorrfe for a fabulous dinner by tuk-tuk, 7 years last there.
My friends neighbour is building an amazing looking boutique hotel down there.
One thing, there are very few sleeping policeman down the back road to Jorrfe
from my gaff, it's tuk tuk speed freak heaven.......
until of course that totally 360o double dog-leg bugger of a turn. Into MT's old 'City? it's not... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Winged Isis »

Have they re-started work on that hotel Dr? It stopped after the revolution. Last time I saw it nothing had changed in years.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

I couldn't be bothered to check it out but it has doubled it's rooms to 16, so I was informed...... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Winged Isis »

12 months ago it had supposedly changed hands but no-one knew to whom.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

It's had a few windows put in and a bit of ground cleared towards the Nile, most of the artwork was destroyed because they failed to get the place sealed against the elements. The beautiful artwork was done at least 2-3 years before the building was sealed against all elements. Notice when walking up from where you would catch the boat, the big balcony is on the wonk at least 15 degree's out of true. It to me was a big investment and the return has been small up to press. But hey ho big ideas either make or break, its a matter of seeing what will happen.
It will also be a matter of seeing what will happen to the Hotel being built behind the "Iron Gates" in Gorf, rumoured to being built by a family from Gezera already in the business, or even the self declared 5* Hotel a little further down with its S----y Brown external paintwork, its solar panels and enough external lights to light up the Jolie Ville Island. A lot is not happening to the City of Gorf at the moment. :lol:
hatusu
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by hatusu »

Winged Isis wrote:Have they re-started work on that hotel Dr? It stopped after the revolution. Last time I saw it nothing had changed in years.
We walked past a couple of weeks ago and was surprised to see a lot of workmen there but still couldn't see any visible progress.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

If there's a dearth of activity on the West Bank, count yourselves lucky.

Winter has brought the usual boom in house building to Hurghada and the area I live in rings to the sound of hammers and noisy diggers. Lovely. It's an upmarket area of villas in large grounds...some of which are only partly built and haven't seen any activity for years.

All changed now.

I often have to take several detours to reach home....finding the usual route blocked by a mountain of sand or a carelessly parked lorry.

A few days ago one owner had apparently decided to refurbish his pool.....emptying the contents onto the roadway. So we have a new lake on which float assorted bags of rubbish washed from their usual resting spot adjacent to an overflowing, and rarely emptied, skip.

Obviously a newcomer who doesn't realise that roadside drains don't exist in Egypt.

Upmarket my a*se :vs
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

hatusu wrote:
Winged Isis wrote:Have they re-started work on that hotel Dr? It stopped after the revolution. Last time I saw it nothing had changed in years.
We walked past a couple of weeks ago and was surprised to see a lot of workmen there but still couldn't see any visible progress.
Nothing out of the ordinary there then. :lol:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.