True love between a Western women and an Egyptian

Discuss the problems that can occur in relationships with differing cultures and help overcome any barriers that exist.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

True love between a Western women and an Egyptian

Post by DJKeefy »

(I found the below on the internet, thought it was a bit harsh, but what do I know) :) COMMENTS PLEASE.....

In response to reader comment: Need More Information on Egyptian Men-Please!

I hope these are helpful to someone, they are a list of things that my Egyptian husband has shared with me after reading through these posts. Most of this stuff is common knowledge among Egyptians, but not understood by the Western women.

If you are more than 5 years older than him, it isn't gonna happen.

If you are having any kind of sex with him (even cyber) it isn't gonna happen.

If you met him in the tourism industry, it isn't gonna happen.

If he is asking you to come stay with him, it isn't gonna happen.

Doctors and Lawyers are NOT high paid positions like they are in western countries, they are a dime a dozen... and most are poor as heck.

If you are a Christian, it may happen, but it will be hard as heck.

Open minded does NOT mean the same thing to an Egyptian man that it does to a Western woman... not even close.

If you are not a Muslim, Jew or Christian, it isn't gonna happen.

If you are not willing to compromise to make things work, it isn't gonna happen.

Compromise is a HUGE factor for it to work - if you are not willing to give up some of your freedoms, dress more conservatively, give up male friends, not go out alone, not flirt or be overly friendly with other men, oh shoot, the list goes on... basically, life as you know it will change... if you're not willing to change and compromise, it isn't gonna happen.

If you haven't met his family, for whatever reason he may have given you, it isn't gonna happen.

If he is asking you for money, for whatever reason, it isn't gonna happen.

He may cry, he may beg, he may text you constantly at all hours of the day or night, he may say the most incredible sweet things and treat you like a princess... it's not proof that he loves you... it may very well be proof he is good at what he does.

If you are reading this, then you probably already know inside your heart of hearts, it's not gonna happen.

I WILL REPEAT MYSELF FOR EMPHASIS: IF HE WORKS IN TOURISM, IN ANY AREA, NO MATTER HIS RANKING, NO MATTER HOW MUCH HE CRIES, NO MATTER HOW GOOD THE SEX IS, NO MATTER IF HE TELLS YOU THAT AGE DOESN'T MATTER (EVEN MOHAMMAD MARRIED AN OLDER WOMAN), EVEN IF HE TEXTS YOU ALL THE TIME, PROFESSES HIS UNDYING LOVE FOR YOU, WANTS TO MARRY YOU IMMEDIATELY, HAS NEVER LOVED ANOTHER WOMAN, NEVER MET ANOTHER WOMAN LIKE YOU, THINKS YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL, DOESN'T WANT TO LIVE IN THE US, UK OR ANY OTHER WESTERN COUNTRY, WANTS ONLY TO LIVE IN EGYPT, DOESN'T NEED A GREEN CARD... NO MATTER WHAT THE SITUATION, IF HE IS IN TOURISM..... IT ISN'T GONNA HAPPEN.

Source: http://www.danielpipes.org/comments/187922

Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Re: True love between a Western women and an Egyptian

Post by Glyphdoctor »

That thread is still alive after all these years????

If there ever was a horse that has been beaten so many times it has disintegrated into sub-atoms, it's that thread.

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Please lets not go there again.

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH »

I've not seen that before but I would think that there is much in there that could be said 'harsh but true'. Although wide generalisations, it should make anyone reading it up sit up and take note and think about their situation. However, I've also no doubt that any women reading it that really did need to take note would ignore it, possibly even get cross and write indignant responses because ...MMiD!
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by DJKeefy »

HEPZIBAH wrote:I've not seen that before
Me too :urm:

Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

I used to look at it from time to time but I don't think I have looked at it in 3 years or so now. The scary thing is I recognize some of the names of the posters from before. It's obvious that for some people giving advice on that one thread is a major hobby for them.

Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

Here's another one of these never-dying MMi(not)D threads that has been going on for 8 years now:

http://www.topix.com/forum/world/egypt/ ... 3CICBFVV5S

And Topix has a lot more like it.

Seriously, I don't understand the phenomenon. I think you could sum it all up with one sentence actually: "If you feel the need to ask/talk about it online, it's not gonna happen."

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

An oldie but, a goodie:

TO WOMEN EVERYWHERE...FROM A MAN WHO'S HAD ENOUGH!
1. Learn to work the toilet seat. If it's up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down. You don't hear us ****ing about you leaving it down.

2. ALL men see in only 16 colors. Peach is a fruit, not a color.

3. If you won't dress like the Victoria's Secret girls, don't expect us to act like soap opera guys.

4. If you think you're fat, you probably are. Don't ask us. We refuse to answer.

5. Don't cut your hair. Ever. Long hair is always more attractive than short hair.

6. One of the big reasons guys fear getting married is that married women always cut their hair, and by then you're stuck with her.

7. Birthdays, valentines, and anniversaries are not quests to see if we can find the perfect present yet again!

8. If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, expect an answer you don't want to hear.

9. Sometimes, we're not thinking about you. Live with it.

10. Don't ask us what we're thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as navel lint, the shotgun formation, or monster trucks.

11. Sunday = Sports. It's like the full moon or the changing of the tides. Let it be.

12. Shopping is not a sport, and no, we're never going to think of it that way.

13. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine. Really.

14. You have enough clothes.

15. You have too many shoes.

16. Crying is blackmail.

17. Ask for what you want. Let's be clear on this one. Subtle hints don't work. Strong hints don't work. Really obvious hints don't work. Just say it!

18. No, we don't know what day it is. We never will. Mark anniversaries on the calendar.

19. Peeing standing up is more difficult. We're bound to miss sometimes.

20. Most guys own three pairs of shoes. What makes you think we'd be any good at choosing which pair, out of thirty, would look good with your dress?

21. Yes and no are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.

22. Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That's what we do.

23. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.

24. A headache that lasts for 17 months is a problem. See a doctor.

25. Foreign films are best left to foreigners. (Unless it's Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, or Jet Li flick where it doesn't really matter what they're saying anyway).

26. Check your oil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

27. It is neither in your best interest nor ours to take the quiz together.

28. No, it doesn't matter which quiz.

29. Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument.

30. All comments become null and void after 7 days.

31. If something we said can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.

32. Let us ogle (stare). We're going to look anyway. It's genetic.

33. You can either tell us to do something OR tell us how to do something, but not both.

34. Whenever possible, please say whatever you have to say during commercials.

35. If it itches, it will be scratched.

36. Beer is as exciting for us as handbags are for you.

37. If we ask what's wrong and you say "nothing", we will act like nothing's wrong.

38. We know you're lying, but it's just not worth the hassle.

39. Thank you for reading this. Yes, I know, I have to sleep on the couch tonight, but did you know we really don't mind that. It's like camping........ enjoy.... :cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.

Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Cheer's Doc'. I have just left my laptop open with this post in fullscreen Mode... (press the F11 key)

There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

I found the first post the most uninteresting thing that I've read to-date, and that's because the subject has died the death, as has the good advise that is constantly ignored by those that ask. Your a brave man BM. :up I have four settees to choose from, dose that mean I'm into polygamy? :)
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Simple guidelines...

If it looks like a snake, approach with caution.
If it says it's not a snake, think carefully.
If it points to others and says 'those are snakes' , walk away.
If it repeats it's not a snake - turn and run for your life!
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley

BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by BENNU »

HEPZIBAH wrote: If it points to others and says 'those are snakes' , walk away.
Which explains how I have lasted so many years in Luxor. :stp

BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by BENNU »

carrie wrote:Please lets not go there again.
You don't have to go there. Anyone who is tired of reading what others feel like sharing about intercultural relationships can avoid "intercultural relationships".

Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Chocolate Eclair »

Ladies its all in the head, between the legs, and in your handbags....

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Yes and what about the men in the west walking round like studs with a young dolly bird on their arm, only the rich ones ofcourse. And were your brains in the same place when the woman here stole from you?
SOME women here are happily married to Egyptian men they are not being ripped off don't think all European women here are the same, you are getting to have the same mentality as the majority of Egyptian men.

Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

It's nice to not be a European.

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Its even better not to be a Yank at the mo. :up
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by BENNU »

Glyphdoctor wrote:It's nice to not be a European.
:urm: I have heard European women say the same about not being American in Mexico.

Noor100

Post by Noor100 »

In response to this post I would like to say that a marriage failing is not always the case. I met my husband 8 years ago we met and, after a brief (6 month) relationship, married and we are still happy together 8 years later. I am much more than 5 years older than him so age is irrelevant in my opinion. My marriage is not the only successful marriage I know of. I have met lots of women who are married to Egyptian men who are younger than them and they are incredibly happy. They all married after brief relationships. So every case is different and no-one can class all these relationships as being doomed to fail.

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

I had friends in the UK, married for fifteen or so years, life and soul of the party, but in truth, she was living a public lie. Her husband was a get to live with, held the purse strings, she had no family or friends that she could run to for help. Eventually she made her escape, ending up in a woman's refuge where eventually she gained work, helping others in similar predicaments. The truth eventually came out concerning her horrid past existence, and all her past friends rallied round to support her. She is, I believe, at peace still with herself.

Lives such as this exist far from the public eye, the sufferers not wanting to admit that they got it wrong, or left in a position of now not being able to rectify their bad judgement. They point blankly refuse to admit that they got it wrong. A situation that may have dogged their lives since they first encountered a male. I read many posts on other sites that I'm a member of, from women that are wed to Egyptians. Surprising how many like to escape their wedded bliss during Ramadan, one period of the year, I would of thought, that their perfect other half's would need the support of a loving and caring wife towards the same so called other half. And why do these women celebrate the fact that they are about to leave on a two week break for the UK? Leaving their most treasured possession behind to fend for themselves? If I had a genuine love for an Egyptian wife, the last thing that I would want to do is desert her.

A long time ago when I was refurbishing an old house I needed to demolish a wall to create a larger kitchen. This early Victorian wall had nice feature coving in plaster which were mirrored around the two doors that had also to go. When I started to demolish them, the old plaster fell off quite easily to reveal a most horrid original colour of green that had remained hidden for years. You only find what truly lies beneath when you begin to scratch the surface.