Brexit

Luxor has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Re: Brexit

Post by Horus »

FarleyFlavors wrote:
Horus wrote:our treacherous MPs the majority of whom stood on a platform that supported Brexit
Nope...

Yes......
"The recent general election gave the UK Parliament a strong and clear popular mandate for delivering Brexit. Annette Bongardt and Francisco Torres emphasise that with more than 85 per cent of the vote on a clear Brexit platform (Conservatives, Labour, UKIP) – promising to respect the Brexit referendum result – not only the new government but indeed almost the entire new Parliament have a clear Brexit mandate. Most MPs were elected on a Brexit or even hard-Brexit platform. They argue that Remainers and EU politicians shouldn’t question it as it would undermine the democratic process and the cohesion and sustainability of the EU alike."

Full article here:https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/brexit/2017/06/ ... estion-it/
But no doubt you will still argue with the LSEs article?

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Just when you think you are gaining a little understanding of what's going on... it's moved on to further confusion and confrontation.

The party dance The Hokey-Cokey could be renamed The Brexit - after all it's all about the 'In. Out. Shake it all about'.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
FarleyFlavors

Post by FarleyFlavors »

newcastle wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:55 pm I suspect Horus meant the platform of the 2017 General Election where both the main parties included support for Brexit in their manifestos.
I suspect you're right. Apologies to Horus.
Horus wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:56 pmThe recent general election gave the UK Parliament a strong and clear popular mandate for delivering Brexit.
What a ridiculous statement!

Someone in the comments section sums it up well: "I think the article shows that the authors do not have a good understanding of British politics. They seem to assume that how people voted was to a large extent determined by their views on Brexit, and that people fully agree with the manifesto of the party for which they vote. In reality people voted the way they did mainly because of traditional tribal loyalties and views on domestic issues."
Horus wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:56 pmBut no doubt you will still argue with the LSEs article?
"This post represents the views of the authors and not those of [...] the LSE."
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

80% of MPs voted for article 50 and that stated we leave the EU..... deal or no deal and that is still the staus quo even if you Remoaners don't like it.
Head up.jpg
But as I stated earlier, I no longer care what these self serving MPs do anymore as democracy in this country is dead, as someone recently asked "If Jeremy Corbyn is the answer, what was the question?"
I shall content myself watching the snowflakes running around like headless chickens as the chaos ensues, if people think that the Poll Tax caused riots then you aint seen nothing yet. Jeremy for PM, :D I wish you everything that is comming to you all. 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
thebian
Portugal

Post by thebian »

I do not know who is right or who is wrong on the implications or outcome of this issue but I do believe there are many arrogant people out there who think they know better than anyone else and that their opinions are absolutely the correct ones and anyone that doesn't hold these opinions are either thick or ignorant and easily fooled or both.
Apropos another referendum regardless of whether it changes the result or not, I am absolutely opposed to holding another one. Should we hold one and the result change do we then do the best of 3 etc until one side gives in? The referendum deemed we should leave and so we should. Shame on the MP's who have failed to deliver what their constituents want.