Rape is Not Haram According to Al Azhar.

Luxor has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Hafiz
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Hafiz »

A female Professor at al Azhar, Saud Salah, not a mad sheik in the sticks but a senior ‘theologian’ at the center of Muslim ‘culture’, has publically announced it was not haram for Egyptian soldiers to rape enemies, presumably woman, providing they were not Muslim. I assume she means that Copts are rape material – someone should tell the local Copts. What if the Egyptian soldier is a Copt does that mean he can rape co-religionists under military/religious law – assuming there is military law in Egypt – maybe there isn’t. Here is her rant with subtitles – she is a lunatic whom any decent religion would fire:

Given there is a war against terrorism in Egypt does the reverend gentlewoman endorse rape in such situations – assuming the victims aren’t Muslim. A war against the Christian South Sudan, Ethiopia, Uganda, Lebanon etc opens up ‘opportunities’ that might lead to mass recruitment advertising.

What about a UN peacekeeping force – of which Egypt occasionally joins – would a violent group attacking an Egyptian troop – female – be ‘covered’ by her ‘teaching’. Should someone tell the Secretary General of the UN that no Egyptians be included in any UN armies?

Not for the first time you have some foolish individual saying something crazy. The Muslim religion does not seem to have a comprehensive cannon of teachings, no collaborative way of settling new matters, no consistent way of promulgating its teachings, other than al Ahram, and does very little in terms of seminars or conferences to float issues. Its publication record is worse that the journal publications of an UK secondary school so productivity, as ever in Egypt, is an issue. The lack of clear public rules, clear rules on who can speak, low intellectual and moral standards and no consensus style decision making reminds me of one other problem area in Egypt.

Sisi condemns and fires al Azhar religious types that say things against his interests but does nothing about this human moral trash. For a woman to say such things suggests she suffers from extreme self loathing. It continues a tradition of very senior religious leaders in Islam saying certifiably mad – and evil – things.

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: Rape is Not Haram According to Al Azhar.

Post by newcastle »

As you say, she is a lunatic and there are too many of them in Al Azhar spouting this nonsense. MEMRI regularly posts the drivel for our edification.

I saw another post today featuring the estimable Nawal el Saadawi laying into Al Azhar on BBC Arabic...I'll try and find it.

She was highly critical of the backward thinking coming out of Sunni Islam's most venerable institution and was also critical of Sisi not bringing them to heel, despite utterances that he wanted a change in religious dialogue.

I doubt many Egyptians share the views of this Al Azhar professor, even those who share her obvious hatred of Israel. I know one well known Egyptian blogger who's a Sisi acolyte, but vehemently critical of Al Azhar. Al Azhar bashing is, it appears, "ok" in Egypt nowadays. :lol:
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Re: Rape is Not Haram According to Al Azhar.

Post by John Landon »

Do unto others as you would have them so do unto you...