Drinking Liquor Without Getting Drunk Not Sinful

Luxor has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Drinking Liquor Without Getting Drunk Not Sinful

Post by DJKeefy »

In a sharp contradiction to what is common among Muslims, Khaled Al Gendy, a famous Islamic cleric and a member of the Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs, stated that drinking liquor without getting drunk is not sinful.

“If the same alcoholic drink was consumed by one person without getting drunk, it is not haram, while being consumed by another person to drunkenness makes it haram [for this person],” the sheikh said, highlighting the difference between drinking liquor and getting drunk.

During a talk show on DMC TV channel, Al Gedy said that getting drunk is haram, sinful and forbidden in Islam, and all Islamic sharia laws related to the punishment apply to getting drunk as a consequence of drinking alcoholic beverages.

A drunken person is defined as one who cannot tell the bottom of a valley from its top, Al Gendy added.

Source: https://egyptianstreets.com/2017/02/13/ ... c-scholar/

John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Re: Drinking Liquor Without Getting Drunk Not Sinful

Post by John Landon »

A drunken person is defined as one who cannot tell the bottom of a valley from its top, Al Gendy added.

Living here in Wales, we are not exactly unfamiliar with valleys, and no matter how rat ar5ed I get, I can always tell the bottom from the top. :cg
I Guess I'm good to pass Al Gendies sobriety test at any given moment in time.... :br
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

I look forward to Al Gendy's next pronouncement regarding - I understand - bestiality. *

More good news for our Welsh members.

*Sheep-******** is not haram if the sheep consents.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

Sheep are not allowed to not consent..... :cg

Here in Wales, we recently discovered 2 new uses for Sheep... :up
Meat and Wool...... 8)
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

This statement will please my friend. When out with the Yanks they offered her a taste of red wine as she had stated that she had never touched alcohol, but refused as it was Haram to even touch the bottle, sniff or just taste it. :wi
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.