Yes Andrew I Do

Luxor has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Yes Andrew I Do

Post by Zooropa »

Bless her, Diane Abbott was struggling to find the right answer on the Andrew Marr show this morning.

Do you regret supporting the IRA? - Andrew, i used to have an afro i no longer do, ive moved on.

Yes ok, but do you regret supporting the IRA? - Andrew it was 34 years ago ive moved on.

Yes ok, but do you regret supporting them? - Ive moved on.

Let me advise her on what she should have said, not out of decency but in pure political terms given that this is a general election campaign.

"Yes Andrew i deeply regret those comments made 34 years ago, ive changed my view radically since then and no longer support the actions of any terrorist organisation. I realise that as some one pushing themselves forward as a Home secretary a position which involves national security and keeping citizens safe that i need to make this clear in order to retain any credibility whatsoever, i deeply regret these views i once held"

You couldnt make it up.

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: Yes Andrew I Do

Post by newcastle »

Yes......but, as you know, politicians are genetically programmed NOT to give a direct answer to ANY question, however phrased, however simple, even if (as in this case) a straightforward answer (along the line you suggest) would have given her an immense boost in credibility.

As the scorpion said to the frog : "It's in my nature"

Substitute "politician for scorpion and "interviewer" for frog.
Stevepj

Post by Stevepj »

Not the first time she's given a car crash of an interview, I remember her talking about the "positives" of the reign of Mao on China :a17: but what can you expect from a Cambridge graduate ;)
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Stevepj wrote:Not the first time she's given a car crash of an interview, I remember her talking about the "positives" of the reign of Mao on China :a17: but what can you expect from a Cambridge graduate ;)
Ouch! :a2: