New Airport Expansion

Luxor has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

New Airport Expansion

Post by Horus »

So today the Prime Minister Teresa may will announce the verdict on where the new London airport expansion will be, Heathrow or Gatwick, but will it end there? Like all those calls for a Commons vote on the referendum this will just go the same way, MP’s will resign and there will be years of legal challenges. No doubt when it is announced later today everyone will think it is done and dusted, but I fear it will be no nearer being built after the decision than it was before, this has been debated for 40 years now so I don’t hold out much hope, we really need a dictator to get anything done. ;)

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: New Airport Expansion

Post by newcastle »

The sad fact is that it will take a decade to complete any new runway....by which time it will already be inadequate for the projected traffic. This can has been kicked down the road too often...and now the decision has an air of irrelevance about it.

We should have three new runways at Gatwick , Heathrow and Stansted to make any sense.... but it won't happen.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

The government has approved a third runway at Heathrow to expand UK airport capacity.

Ministers approved the long-awaited decision at a cabinet committee meeting on Tuesday.

Transport Secretary Chris Grayling called the decision "truly momentous" and said expansion would improve the UK's connections with the rest of the world and support trade and jobs.

Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

I am not saying that it is unimportant to get the new runway down South as most cargo is routed through those airports, but there are alot of regional airports like Birmingham and Manchester that would welcome some extra capacity and do not oppose the development as fiercely.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Well what's the point, the MP's are supposed to be voting on the proposal in a years time. Giving everyone time to voice their opinions.
So that's at least a year without anything happening, peoples houses blighted, all the hot air expended, Boris having yet another huffy.
I doubt that I will live long enough to see it. :tk
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Personally I like Gatwick, nice train ride from door to door, country scenes, bars & restaurants even a Caviar House,
when one is feeling flush even at 7am.... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.