They think it's all over....

Luxor has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

They think it's all over....

Post by newcastle »

It is now !!

David Beckham advises us to stay IN!!

We were a better and more successful team because of a Danish goalkeeper, Peter Schmeichel, the leadership of an Irishman Roy Keane and the skill of a Frenchman in Eric Cantona.

I was also privileged to play and live in Madrid, Milan and Paris with teammates from all around Europe and the world. Those great European cities and their passionate fans welcomed me and my family and gave us the opportunity to enjoy their unique and inspiring cultures and peop
le

http://indy100.independent.co.uk/articl ... paign=i100

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: They think it's all over....

Post by Dusak »

... and the banks welcome their joint wealth of about £five hundred million. Do they really give a toss if the UK are in or out. Perhaps if out and it affects their wealth.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Beckham another intellectual giant... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Who2 wrote:Beckham another intellectual giant... 8)
Well.....he towers over Victoria :lol:

LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Well gee whiz IF David Beckham says it ........ His insight should definitely sway the masses ... :urm: :urm:

Obviously we're not getting much on the In or Out debate here. Was curious and I think I know the answer but has Queen Elizabeth or any of the Royals given any indication of their preference?

And - way back when was there any comments from the Royal Family when the Union was formed?
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

LovelyLadyLux wrote:Well gee whiz IF David Beckham says it ........ His insight should definitely sway the masses ... :urm: :urm:

Obviously we're not getting much on the In or Out debate here. Was curious and I think I know the answer but has Queen Elizabeth or any of the Royals given any indication of their preference?

And - way back when was there any comments from the Royal Family when the Union was formed?
Absolutely NOT!!

Can you imagine the rumpus....which ever way they spoke!

Of course HM, and other senior members of the family will have an opinion. Just one they daren't utter in public....or even private the way the palace seems to leak these days.

It's also reasonable to say that any opinion they have is a drop in the ocean....and I don't think any of them has a voice anyone would be inclined to take account of. :lol:

Technically, they can vote is they wish.
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@Newcastle - I thought as much (that they'd say nothing) but I did think that 'after the fact' a few tidbits might have leaked out from them as to whether they were actually OK with the UK joining.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

LovelyLadyLux wrote:Well gee whiz IF David Beckham says it ........ His insight should definitely sway the masses ... :urm: :urm:

Phew! I knew I'd read this somewhere but it's taken me ages to remember where. I just spotted this so thought it relevant to post. The Queen may not share her own opinion but she does take an interest in the whole Brexit debate.

Royal Author Says Queen Has VIP Referendum Chats

Sky News 22 June 2016

The Queen has been asking dinner guests to give her "three good reasons why Britain should be part of Europe", according to Royal author Robert Lacey.

In an article for The Daily Beast website he wrote: "'Give me three good reasons', she has apparently been asking her dinner companions recently, 'why Britain should be part of Europe?'"

The comments were seized upon by The Sun newspaper, which ran a front page featuring the claim on Wednesday morning.

Mr Lacey said: "The Queen likes a healthy debate around the dinner table. It was just a question.

"She's aware of the complexities for different parts of the UK. As we know, she's very careful not to betray whatever her personal opinions may be on this. You can say the same of her husband."

A Buckingham Palace spokesman said: "The Queen is above politics and acts on the advice of her Government in political matters.

"The referendum is a matter for the British people to decide."

In May the Independent Press Standards Organisation ruled that The Sun had breached press regulations with a front page headline suggesting the Queen was in favour of the UK leaving the EU.

An issue of the paper published in March featured the headline "Queen backs Brexit", leading Buckingham Palace to complain, saying the Queen is "politically neutral".

Editor Tony Gallagher said he did not accept that an error had been made, but agreed to publish the judgement.

Traditionally, the Queen and her family never vote or stand for election.

Although the law does not ban royalty from voting, it is considered unconstitutional for them to do so.

The Queen is due to carry out some engagements in Liverpool on Wednesday.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Interesting re: Royals. If they really do feel strongly on an issue it must be hard to stay quiet or neutral and say nothing.

As I'm typing we have a blurb on our TV about it and they are saying everything is "neck and neck" and going to be too close to call at this time. They're saying here that about 1 out of 10 voters have not yet decided and quite a few voters are saying they have not gotten the information they need.

Any concerns that following this vote your country will be divided? How to do think the relationship with the EU will be after this vote?
Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Winged Isis »

It seems British expats in Australia will determine the result! Yet a certain one is not here yet. :)
Carpe diem! :le:
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Winged Isis wrote:It seems British expats in Australia will determine the result! Yet a certain one is not here yet. :)
God help us if our future rests upon that. :lol: :lol:
But on a more serious note the official Australian Government line is that we should stay in, strange when you consider they would get more trade opportunities with the UK if we were to come out of the EU.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

I've never been that interested in politics and do not even begin to try and understand them but this one is proving to be difficult to make any sense of. Watching the news it states that many countries will suffer higher petrol charges, more costly food items, disastrous changes in currency exchanges, doing business with the UK would prove difficult blah, blah, blah. Then you have other experts dismissing most of these and the many other negative ''we think this could happen'' statements. :?
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

@ Horus

It may be the onset of dementia on my part but....are there are couple of posts now missing from this thread?

I thought Who2 chipped in....and I replied?

Puzzled......
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Not to my knowledge Newcastle, I certainly haven't removed any and it is difficult to remember the content of every thread. However we have all at some time thought a post we have made has gone missing, often we have just not submitted it, but sometimes I think there may be a glitch if the system and something like that may have happened. :)
Edit: a deleted post by either the member or Admin would usually show up on my screen and nothing is there, just checked.
Edit, Edit: Now you mention it I do recall that he did make a comment somewhere about DB, but was it here?
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Who2 said something like....another intellectual giant....

I responded with a pic of Mr & Mrs Beckham with the comment..."well....he towers over Victoria."

Weird! Have we a gremlin in the works? Or am I going mad.....
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

There has been overnight heavy rain and flooding around the Essex area, no doubt if its an 'out' vote they will be calling for a re-run because they couldn't get to the polls, a bit like all those who left it until 2 hours before it officially closed to register themselves as voters and crashed the government web-site. So as it would be in Dodgy Dave's interest, he extended it for another 24 hours to enrol more potential 'remain' voters.

Yes I remember them now Newcastle, but I have no idea other than to say it does sometimes happen, now where did that 'dunno' emoticon gone? :ni:
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Newcastle, I have just checked the Admin section for officially deleted posts and the last one was for Hepzibah some weeks back when she removed her own double post, so we must assume a glitch. :)
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Your right I distinctly remember saying that Beckham was a latent genius, just waiting to be discovered.
Perhaps that was a different thread...8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

The confusion is because there is a duplicate thread. I was thinking I'd posted on the topic too and had in my mind it had to do with the Royals, but as we've all been so busy posting here, there and every where the last few days assumed it was in another thread altogether.

This is the link to the duplicate thread. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=37302
-Aldous Huxley
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Confusion abounds and there is a duplicate thread on this subject which some have responded to.

Link to duplicate thread: posting.php?mode=reply&f=5&t=37303

Should Horus have nothing better to do with his life he could always do an Admin cut and sew to the threads and join them all up. :a21:
-Aldous Huxley