My dad.

Luxor has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Robbo70

Re: My dad.

Post by Robbo70 »

We are very sorry for your loss, but what a blessing he went peacefully and painlessly

Scottishtourist
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Scottishtourist »

Thank you Robbo.
He had been quite distressed in the evenings preceding it.
He had been trying to get out of bed,picking at his clothes,etc.

He had also been conversing with "dead"people..my mum and brother/his son.

I'm more than sure that in those last couple of days he was getting a glimpse behind the veil!

The hospital removed his drip,he hadn't literally eaten or drank anything for four weeks.Morphine was administered twice in four hours on Friday morning..cos he could not communicate,and the nurses didn't know whether he was in pain..or just frightened.

But..it is what it is.He was a devout Catholic and he has been fortified by rites of the Roman Catholic Church.
Our faith is strong..and we truly believe he is now at peace and re-united with mum,his son,and all the other members of his family who have waited patiently for him.
We WILL meet him again,we have no doubt of this.He is NOT dead..he merely sleeps and waits for us.

Whilst I appreciate that many on forum have no faith/different faith,etc..this is OUR way and God is very present at the moment in our lives.
Maybe shouldn't have posted this at all..but sometimes it's good to have other opinions on the much "taboo" subject of death,resurrection,thoughts,etc.
The one constant though,is that most agree that he is in a better place.

So..you can't all be athiests,lol!x
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

I'm glad that your faith is a comfort to you at this time.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

You don't necessarily have to have religious beliefs to feel that, in some circumstances, death is a merciful release.....or that non-existence is " a better place".
Scottishtourist
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Scottishtourist »

newcastle wrote:You don't necessarily have to have religious beliefs to feel that, in some circumstances, death is a merciful release.....or that non-existence is " a better place".
I kinda disagree with that newcastle.
Cos,I believe in a "plan."
I don't always think death is a "merciful release"cos if that was the case..then why are we all feeling so sad?

I agree that dad has been "released"from illness,pain,etc..but he is not "non-existant"now.
He is still very much here and with us..he's just in another place.
Safe,warm,vibrant,and full of life elsewhere.Watching over us and still guiding us.

If I didn't have this faith and belief in the afterlife..then quite honestly..I would be better off dead and non-existant as well!
Faith is a wonderful,comforting thing.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Strange as it may seem to you ST, a sense of loss, sadness, on the death of a loved one, is not the sole prerogative of those with religious convictions.

It's a human reaction, some think unique to our species, and was accommodated long before organised religion ever entered the fray.

Each to their own.

You cannot possibly know how you would feel if you didn't have faith.....any more than I would, if I did!