Egypt's Sisi pledges stricter laws after murder of top prose

Luxor has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Egypt's Sisi pledges stricter laws after murder of top prose

Post by DJKeefy »

Egyptian President Abdel-Fattah El-Sisi has vowed to amend laws in Egypt within days to achieve "rapid justice" against militants a day after the assassination of the country's top public prosecutor.

"Swift justice is chained to laws," El-Sisi said in televised remarks to reporters as he left a military funeral for Hisham Barakat, whose convoy was struck by a car bomb attack on Monday.

The president said criminal laws will be adjusted "within days" to "confront the developments we are facing."

"We will make amendments to laws so we can achieve justice in the swiftest possible time," El-Sisi said.

In the absence of parliament, President El-Sisi has wielded legislative authority.

The assasination of 65-year-old Barakat is the first of a high-ranking state official since the July 2013 ouster of Islamist president Mohamed Morsi.

The killing of Barakat could signal a new escalation in an Islamist insurgency unleashed by Morsi's removal.

Morsi, who hails from the Muslim Brotherhood, was sentenced to death earlier this month over incitement of murder charges in a mass jailbreak case in 2011.

However, the president said that up until now "not a single exceptional measure has been taken" in reference to the government's use of its current laws in its fight against terrorism.

El-Sisi said the judiciary would not wait for years to prosecute militants, adding that they give orders for their deadly attacks "from inside their [prison] cages."

"If a death sentence or a life term is handed down, it will be implemented."

Verdicts meted out against Islamists can be appealed in a process that could take years to reach a final verdict.

Egypt's constitution allows the president to issue pardons after a ruling is final.

El-Sisi has repeatedly said he cannot intervene in court procedures, stressing that doing so would undermine judicial independence.

Source: http://english.ahram.org.eg/News/134148.aspx

Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Re: Egypt's Sisi pledges stricter laws after murder of top p

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Simply put, Government = the Enemy of the People. :td
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.
Stevepj

Post by Stevepj »

Bullet Magnet wrote:Simply put, Government = the Enemy of the People. :td

And lack of government =Somalia :stp
Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Brian Yare »

Bullet Magnet wrote:Simply put, Government = the Enemy of the People. :td
I would rather interpret it as the government being the friend of (law-abiding) people. :up
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

That is great but only effective if you can get Judges to turn up for Court hearings.
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Farmers in the field and forests in small communities fending for themselves, practising LOVE and awareness of others.
Then came the Churches, then came the schools, then came the lawyers, then came the rules. Dumb, Dumb, dumb, then the people were forced off the land owned by all to feed the machine so the "elite" could set up home there and keep the people off the land that they once tended and fed them.
Doctors killed the "witches" for money, filling in prescriptions..

The Government is like the Maffia, backed by the church, spreading fear and separation. War and hatred... Genius :cool:

Govern = to Limit or Control
Ment = Mind

Welcome to the lower vibratory planes...
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.