Smart Aviation

Luxor has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Smart Aviation

Post by Brian Yare »

http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent ... eleas.aspx

Egypt’s foreign ministry is working on ending the detention of the crew of an Egyptian plane that landed Wednesday in Sweden holding Syrians with illegal papers.
The plane was rented from the Egyptian Smart Aviation Company and made its way to Sweden’s Malmö Airport from Lebanon, the head of Smart Aviation Company Roshdy Zakaria said in a statement.

The 10 Syrians onboard the plane, according to Zakaria, had fake Swedish visas and asked for political asylum once they landed.

Swedish authorities detained the Syrians along with the plane and its crew, consisting of two Egyptian pilots.

The Egyptian embassy in Sweden is closely monitoring the situation and working alongside Swedish authorities to release the plane and its crew, Foreign Ministry Spokesman Badr Abdel-Atti told the press.

Smart Aviation Company was launched in 2007 under the umbrella of the Ministry of Civil Aviation.

---

I have inquired previously about this "airline". I don't know if it ever flies to Luxor.