Islamic Humour

Luxor has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Islamic Humour

Post by DJKeefy »

Humour has a rich tradition in Islam, however it is fair to say that it differs from the regular humour seen and heard in the western world. To get a laugh, modern comics will often resort to insults, foul language, or jokes of a sexual nature, and while it can be argued that these are indeed funny, there is always an aspect of harm which is attached to them.

Conversely in Islamic Humour, the comic must deliver clean jokes, refrain from disrespecting or abusing others, and always speak the truth. Consideration should also be given to the appropriateness of timing, such as cracking a joke just before prayers. We find evidence in narrations that joking is a sunnah, and that the Prophet Muhammad used to joke with his companions.

Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Re: Islamic Humour

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Most humour is based upon another person's suffering, and I feel that if you can laugh at yourself as much as the next person, then there is no harm done. But then Political correctness seem's to have killed off much of our western humour...

But if you are in a minority, then its OK to joke about your minority, you just cant have people outside of that minority telling jokes about your minority.. :urm:

I wonder what Jokes Mo' and his Bedouin buddy Abraham used to tell each other...? :tk
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Islamic Humour

Post by Dusak »

Moses and Abraham were golfing. Moses missed a pretty easy putt and said, "God damn it I missed!!!" Abraham muttered ''You shouldn't say that Moses, or god will strike you down.''

On the next hole, Moses missed a shot again exclaimed, "God damn it I missed again!!!" Abraham tutted. "Moses if you say that again god will surely strike you down."

On the next hole, Moses missed a shot and repeated, "God damn it I missed again." All of a sudden a huge lightning bolt comes out of the sky and nails Abraham. Then Moses heard a voice that said,"God damn it I missed again!!!"
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.