One child killed, dozens injured in pro/anti Morsi clashes

Luxor has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Re: One child killed, dozens injured in pro/anti Morsi clash

Post by Glyphdoctor »

I never said I "object" to western media. And BTW, I actually hate NPR and find it dull and boring generally.

Hafiz
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Hafiz »

Good media is often dull and boring. Long detailed reports using a number of sources can be tiring but a lot more informative than 5 or 6 paras. The factual detail of some reports is astonishing. I like detail.

Sorry you don't like NPR. Its strengths, as I'm sure you know, include its huge resources combined with a relatively independent line which may have something to do with its corporate structure based on dozens of community stations. I think that it is the only international media organization (which also includes blue chip TV) which is not owned and accountable to corporate investors but is funded by subscriptions and philanthropic foundations.
Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

"Philanthropic organizations"...Most of which have their own political/social agendas and even some of which at least in the past were known to get secret government funding, e.g. Ford Foundation that is a big funder of NPR at one point was involved in a big scandal as they were just a front for the CIA. That's not independence...not at all.

Would you rather get your news from some station that is getting is funding by selling you cars and erectile dysfunction drugs in commercials or that is getting is funding from some organization that gets its funding from people with a political axe to grind? Not saying one is better than the other, but your romantic notions about NPR are laughable.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Glyphdoctor wrote:"Philanthropic organizations"...Most of which have their own political/social agendas and even some of which at least in the past were known to get secret government funding, e.g. Ford Foundation that is a big funder of NPR at one point was involved in a big scandal as they were just a front for the CIA. That's not independence...not at all.

Would you rather get your news from some station that is getting is funding by selling you cars and erectile dysfunctional drugs in commercials or that is getting is funding from some organization that gets its funding from people with a political axe to grind? Not saying one is better than the other, but your romantic notions about NPR are laughable.
Your point doesn't stand up to scrutiny. :o
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.