Converting to Islam

Luxor has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

jewel
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Re: Converting to Islam

Post by jewel »

Convert to Islam? Why would any sane person want to do that?
Especially in light of yet another terror attack, and yes, I know, intellectually, that these terrorist do not represent Islam, or the majority of Muslims. I can't (yet) see a reason to ban Islam, although it seems as a faith to have contributed least to "humanity" and continues to deprive its adherents of the opportunity to play any meaningful role in any future flowering of civilization, clinging as it does to some Dark Ages superstition, and as a matter of dogma considering the rest of the world - us infidels - as inferior sub-humans. It has no respect whatsoever for what most of us consider to be fundamental human rights, in any country where it is the dominant religion, and it seeks to diminish the human rights of people in other countries too.

It is a wholly worthless religion and worse than that it is also a political system which is borderline fascist.

There again, I am a nihilist, so would not see any worth in any religion or dogma created to justify existence. :mrgreen:

I don't have a plan......so nothing can go wrong!

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Are you for real, or are you tripping.

My dear Jewel, our friend on here Brian, Brian Yare that is, dropped an E yesterday evening some where on here in our History Section, it seems after all, you have swallowed this, believe me, tomorrow will be fine, if not may I suggest you avoid Tramadol, or for that matter the usual 300ml of morf, and suggest,

40mg. Lipitor.
20mg. Lisinopril.
2.5mg. Bisoprolol.

If that don't work, may I suggest, 3 to 5 mg Warfarin, all daily of course. :wi :wi :wi .

P.S. - Keefy has told me not to come on here when I am smashed, but then again neither should others when they have partakened of the white powder,.......that is, if you can still snort my drift here,........................ :wi :py :wi :py :wi .
jewel
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by jewel »

:lol: AFour!
If you are a good Pharmacist you should be in the know that the only drug worthy of consideration is Nembutal.
But at the moment I am not in need of that particular fix ;) :oo :bl:

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Now,now Jewel I only wish to calm you down, I don't want to kill you off.

You must be careful, of course what has happened today is a total outrage, and yes this can be debated, but please.............................. not today.
jewel
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by jewel »

Indeed A Four ...Tinderbox and matches springs to mind. :C
It has been predicted for some time...
I think a moderate dose of Midazolam may suffice for now, or a small Brompton cocktail ;) :br

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Now stop it Jewel, put away that copy of the BNF, or perhaps knowing you, it will be an old out of date, copy of MIMS, (I think you,I and ST will twig this, the rest will have to google it).

Go get a nice hot glass of milk, and off to bed with you. I shall have a word with Keefy, to see if we can get all this **** you have written tonight removed,....now off you go up those wooden stairs to Bedfordshire,..........on you go now. :up .
jewel
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by jewel »

Oh A four ...MIMS! The very thought :roll:
they all went for recycling many moons ago....although I admit there may be a dog eared copy of the BNF lying around somewhere.
I stand by my beliefs, just as the followers of Mo do.
Try to sleep well, you need your beauty sleep as you get older. ;)
Me - I can sleep standing up, after years of practice. :bl:

Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

Jewel-I suggest a trip to Belgium, or the US state of Oregon. They have the drugs you want available there.

Since you wish you weren't born, why do you bother to even do anything at all except sleep all day and keep to yourself?
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

jewel wrote:Convert to Islam? Why would any sane person want to do that?
Especially in light of yet another terror attack, and yes, I know, intellectually, that these terrorist do not represent Islam, or the majority of Muslims. I can't (yet) see a reason to ban Islam, although it seems as a faith to have contributed least to "humanity" and continues to deprive its adherents of the opportunity to play any meaningful role in any future flowering of civilization, clinging as it does to some Dark Ages superstition, and as a matter of dogma considering the rest of the world - us infidels - as inferior sub-humans. It has no respect whatsoever for what most of us consider to be fundamental human rights, in any country where it is the dominant religion, and it seeks to diminish the human rights of people in other countries too.

It is a wholly worthless religion and worse than that it is also a political system which is borderline fascist.

There again, I am a nihilist, so would not see any worth in any religion or dogma created to justify existence. :mrgreen:
You don't plan on living/visiting Egypt anymore then? :worry: :bp:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
jewel
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by jewel »

Dusak I well may at some point in future, so watch out! ;)
One thing I have observed in my travels in the ME however is the intolerance of Muslims and in-fighting between them, for example the shia and sunni, which again is a further indication of the uncertainty intolerance and inhumanity of this regime called Islam.

Bearded Brian
Top Member
Top Member
Cambodia

Post by Bearded Brian »

If 'god' is so powerful why didn't s/he make her/his 'word' crystal clear and not let it be left to the interpretation of humans? (who obviously got it wrong otherwise the jews/muslims/christians would all follow the same rules)
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

With the jews believing they are God's chosen people, and muslims believing Mohammed gave the definitive expression of God's will, you have to feel a little sorry for the christians sandwiched chronologically, as well as ideologically, between the two.

Is it any wonder that religion causes so much turmoil in the world?