Media reports

Luxor has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Media reports

Post by Dusak »

timetraveller wrote:Maybe Dusak. But what exactly is 'bitch slapping?' Do only women do it in your exalted opinion?
A bitch slap is when two people are having a debate/argument/discussion when suddenly one of them ''bitch slaps'' the other across the face as usually they are not prepared to loose ground in an argument. A bitch slap can also be verbal.

Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Sounds like a challenge to a duel, anyone selling tickets.
timetraveller

Post by timetraveller »

carrie wrote:Sounds like a challenge to a duel, anyone selling tickets.

It's a thought. How much do you think we could charge? :lol:
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Not a lot, think there is quite enough violence going on here at the moment.
Getting back to the title of the tread, listening to reports today with the USA and UK advising Egyptian Gov't and army how to conduct themselves, is this helping the situation at all, or is it just hardening opinion. Personally if I was in gov't here I would be telling everyone to mind their own business.
timetraveller

Post by timetraveller »

carrie wrote:Not a lot, think there is quite enough violence going on here at the moment.
Getting back to the title of the tread, listening to reports today with the USA and UK advising Egyptian Gov't and army how to conduct themselves, is this helping the situation at all, or is it just hardening opinion. Personally if I was in gov't here I would be telling everyone to mind their own business.
Did you read the statement the Government released yesterday Carrie? I think that's exactly what they did do. In reasonably diplomatic language of course, but the message was very clear.
timetraveller

Post by timetraveller »

Dusak wrote:
timetraveller wrote:Maybe Dusak. But what exactly is 'bitch slapping?' Do only women do it in your exalted opinion?
A bitch slap is when two people are having a debate/argument/discussion when suddenly one of them ''bitch slaps'' the other across the face as usually they are not prepared to loose ground in an argument. A bitch slap can also be verbal.

Well, thanks for that then Dusak. Wasn't aware that I had been 'bitch slapping' but I do feel a bit 'bitch slapped'. Is it Gangsta speak? Is it cool? Will it give me any street cred? Or is it just a crass Americanism?
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Your cheeks were unspanked timetraveller, the reference was not intended for you. See what happens when you jump to conclusions. Now you have been bitch slapped. :lol:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
timetraveller

Post by timetraveller »

Dusak wrote:Your cheeks were unspanked timetraveller, the reference was not intended for you. See what happens when you jump to conclusions. Now you have been bitch slapped. :lol:
That's Good. Now I feel so cool. Wicked!

But just out of interest Dusak, if the 'spanking' was not intended for me, who was it intended for? :lol:
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@TT - reading too much in :? :zz :zz and I'd make D define which cheek he is referring to! ;)
timetraveller

Post by timetraveller »

LovelyLadyLux wrote:@TT - reading too much in :? :zz :zz and I'd make D define which cheek he is referring to! ;)
Well, quite. Slappings and spankings! It all sounds vaguely sleazy to me. I am British you know! :lol:
Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Brian Yare »

Bottoms up!
sysop123

Post by sysop123 »

Are there any demonstrations in Luxor? If so, how bad are they?
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Dusak always turns the other cheek. :up This term is not a derogatory one in case some are thinking so. Just used as a reference towards unprovoked snide remarks you don't see coming and should never have made the trip.
timetraveller

Post by timetraveller »

Dusak wrote:Dusak always turns the other cheek. :up This term is not a derogatory one in case some are thinking so. Just used as a reference towards unprovoked snide remarks you don't see coming and should never have made the trip.
What 'unprovoked snide remarks' are you referring to?
Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay »

sysop123 wrote:Are there any demonstrations in Luxor? If so, how bad are they?
Not recently as far as I know
Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay »

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/media/2 ... line-.html

‘We aired lies’: Al Jazeera staff quit over ‘misleading’ Egypt coverage

Nada Altuwaijri - Al Arabiya
As many as 22 Al Jazeera employees have quit since the overthrow of Mohammad Mursi, amid concern over the channel’s alleged bias towards the Muslim Brotherhood and its coverage of Egypt.
Criticism over the channel’s editorial line, the way it covered events in Egypt, and allegations that journalists were instructed to favor the Brotherhood are said to be the main reasons behind the mass resignations.
As many as 22 Al Jazeera staff resigned on Monday, Gulf News reported, but other media said only seven had left the broadcaster.
Al Jazeera correspondent Haggag Salama resigned accusing the station of “airing lies and misleading viewers”, Gulf News reported. The newspaper also said that four Egyptian members of editorial staff at the network’s headquarters in Doha had resigned in protest.
Al Jazeera anchor Karem Mahmoud said he left because of the channel’s editorial line over recent events in Egypt.
“I felt that there were errors in the way the coverage was done, especially that now in Egypt we are going through a critical phase that requires a lot of auditing in terms of what gets broadcasted,” Mahmoud told Al Arabiya. “My colleagues have also resigned for the same reason.”
Mahmoud told Gulf News he left because of Al Jazeera’s “biased coverage”, but said that some local Egyptian stations were worse.
“I am not satisfied with the performance of local news channels in comparison to Al Jazeera due to their incompliance to neutrality,” he said. “Although I have left, I still carry a lot of respect for Al Jazeera and believe that they will remain one of the most respectful news channels.”
Al Jazeera today confirmed some staff had left its Al Jazeera Mubasher Misr operation, including some it said had “partisan political opinions”.
“Following the recent squeeze on media in Egypt, some Al Jazeera Mubasher Misr staff have decided to leave. We understand the reasons for some employees feeling they need to move on, including those with partisan political opinions,” the broadcaster said in a statement on its press website.
Some commentators have criticized Al Jazeera as favoring the Muslim Brotherhood in its coverage of events in Egypt.
Author and journalist Abdel Latif el-Menawy, who was head of the Egypt News Center under ex-president Hosni Mubarak, said that Al Jazeera was a “propaganda channel” for the Muslim Brotherhood.
“Al Jazeera turned itself into a channel for the Muslim Brotherhood group,” el-Menawy told Al Arabiya. “They are far away from being professional. When the Muslim Brotherhood collapsed, they continued to play the role.”
He said Al Jazeera gave undue prominence to certain events after Mursi was overthrown, including hours of airtime for “the Muslim Brotherhood to attack and make comments.”
El-Menawy said he “saluted” those journalists who left the channel.
“It’s a good thing to do, because they couldn’t accept what is going on,” he said. “People thought it was the voice of the revolution. And I think people were shocked to discover it was not.”
Al Jazeera fiercely denies allegations of bias in its coverage, saying that their journalists in Cairo had suffered from “intimidation” after Mursi was ousted.
Hours after the overthrow of Mursi by the Egyptian army, security forces raided the Cairo offices of Al Jazeera’s Egyptian TV channel. The broadcaster says “dozens” of its journalists have been detained by authorities.
An Al Jazeera spokesman said in the statement issued today said the channel had been “particularly targeted in an apparent crackdown on information.”
“Throughout our history we’ve had to cope with crackdowns. This unfortunately is nothing new. We will carry on doing our job regardless - upholding the highest standards of journalism, covering all angles of events in Egypt with balance and integrity.”
Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Chocolate Eclair »

I think its difficult to know what to believe at the moment, so just sit back and believe what you want to believe.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

timetraveller wrote:
Dusak wrote:Dusak always turns the other cheek. :up This term is not a derogatory one in case some are thinking so. Just used as a reference towards unprovoked snide remarks you don't see coming and should never have made the trip.
This was just a generalization of explanation. I could of used many words but chose snide as an example.
timetraveller

Post by timetraveller »

Dusak wrote:
timetraveller wrote:
This was just a generalization of explanation. I could of used many words but chose snide as an example.

Yes but what remarks, 'snide' or whatever else you could have termed them are you referring to?
Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Chocolate Eclair »

Sysop 123, back to the subject in hand, Luxor yesterday and for the past few days has been quiet, which is tribute to the people that live here.

Everything you hear about seems to happen in the big Cities.