Parliament to discuss Chinese toys that 'humiliate Islam'

Luxor has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Parliament to discuss Chinese toys that 'humiliate Islam'

Post by DJKeefy »

Dont they have better things to do at the moment like getting the country back on a stable path!

A member of the Egyptian Parliament brings Chinese-made toy gun to Monday’s parliamentary session claiming it humiliates the wife of the prophet.

[youtube][/youtube]

Saad El-Katatni speaker of the People's Assembly referred to the economics committee the issue of Chinese-made children's toys that "humiliate Islam and its figures."

Parliament member Mustafa Morsy made a speech during Monday’s session about how imported games and toys can be harmful to Egyptian and Muslim culture.

“Our kids play with computer games in which you shoot the holy Quran and Islamic symbols,” Morsy said in his speech.

“This toy gun for example costs only five pounds and when you shoot, it says ‘shoot Sayyida Aisha,' wife of Islam’s prophet Muhammad,” Morsy claimed while showing a colourful toy gun during the session.

“Kuwaiti law punishes anyone who humiliates Muslim figures like prophets and their families,” he added.

There was a recent debate in Saudi Arabia about a similar toy gun that, when the trigger is pulled, says “Go go go, pull over and save the hostages". Some claimed that it says “shoot Sayyida Aisha.”

Source: http://english.ahram.org.eg/News/41122.aspx

Teddyboy
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Re: Parliament to discuss Chinese toys that 'humiliate Islam

Post by Teddyboy »

But don't they realise that consistently allowing themselves to be so offended, by petty slights like this, is so much more humiliating to Islam?
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

But don't they realize, it's just another asshole politician out to make publicity for himself, every Country has them, it's the idiots who react like all those Daily Mail readers. Jewel ! 'take note.....:cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Goddess
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by Goddess »

Them Chinese toys are a menace!
I spent ages wondering why everytime I pressed the star shaped button on an apple phone (a phone in the shape of an apple cunningly, not it's more famous relative) ....I got "tentacle" shouted at me in a high pitched voice. All the other buttons were fine - pressed square and she yelled square, pressed circle and circle was yelled back. But tentacle??
After about a week I worked out that the star wasn't a star, but a five pointed shape ...a pentacle. Now wouldn't star have been easier for a kiddo to say?!