Khashoggi

Luxor has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Khashoggi

Post by newcastle »

Egypt sides with KSA over Khashoggi "incident". No surprise there then.

The (so far) unexplained disappearance of the US based journalist is just one of those things that happen. Maybe he was taken by aliens to another parallel universe.

Egypt supports Saudi Arabia in the ongoing saga of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, a statement by the foreign ministry said.
In the first comment on the matter, foreign ministry spokesman Ahmed Hafez said ‘Egypt is following with worry the repercussions of the disappearance of journalist Khashoggi’, asserting the importance of revealing the truth through a transparent investigation.

The statement accentuated the danger of ‘forestalling investigations and triggering accusations indiscriminately’.

Egypt also warned of attempts to politically exploit the matter against the oil-rich Kingdom, stressing its support for Saudi Arabia.

Khashoggi entered the Saudi consulate in Istanbul on Oct. 2 to get documents for his forthcoming marriage. Saudi officials have said that he left shortly afterwards but Turkish officials and his fiancée, who was waiting for him outside, said he never came out.

Turkey believes Khashoggi was deliberately killed in the consulate and his body removed. Riyadh has rejected those claims, denouncing threats to punish it over the disappearance of the journalist.

http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent ... -Mini.aspx

Although Turkey has leaked stories that they have evidence, it has yet to appear....in itself, worrying.

Meanwhile KSA stonewalls.

Maybe this is a story on which Egypt would have been better to maintain a discrete silence.

My guess is that, at the end of the day. there will be no conclusive proof one way or the other, interested parties will divide along well established geopolitical lines and that no serious action will be taken against KSA.

I really hope I'm wrong.

Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Re: Khashoggi

Post by Horus »

From what is being mooted in the UK by some sources is that he was wearing a Smart watch and this was recording events inside the embassy, maybe he was already suspicious of what may occur whilst he was inside. It is possible that this was being monitored by the Turkish security services (maybe with his prior consent) and they know what went on during his visit. One report I listened to actually made the comment that he had been killed and hacked to pieces inside the embassy, this was not said as a sensational revelation, but rather as if it were common knowledge. :tk
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Horus wrote:From what is being mooted in the UK by some sources is that he was wearing a Smart watch and this was recording events inside the embassy, maybe he was already suspicious of what may occur whilst he was inside. It is possible that this was being monitored by the Turkish security services (maybe with his prior consent) and they know what went on during his visit. One report I listened to actually made the comment that he had been killed and hacked to pieces inside the embassy, this was not said as a sensational revelation, but rather as if it were common knowledge. :tk
I've heard these stories.....but then why hasn't Turkey revealed the recordings , audio or visual?

I've also read that the smart watch he was supposed to be wearing can't transmit information without the active cooperation of the Saudi Embassy systems.

Maybe Turkey has the embassy bugged, and is reluctant to disclose this, but, without the alleged recordings made public, I can't see this going anywhere.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

I reckon that may well be the answer, in the same way that the UK security will not say how they arrived at who to point the finger at over the Novochoc poisoning in Salisbury, that the Turkish security are doing the same. Many or most embassies have sophisticated security and anti bugging systems in place, but there are always others who are ahead of the game, that’s the way with espionage.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

It was stated that the I-Phone smart watch had been synced to his girlfriends phone, she was sat outside the front entrance, which was able to record sound only. She then handed it over to the Turkish authorities when he failed to reemerge. Smart move on his part.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Dusak wrote:It was stated that the I-Phone smart watch had been synced to his girlfriends phone, she was sat outside the front entrance, which was able to record sound only. She then handed it over to the Turkish authorities when he failed to reemerge. Smart move on his part.
The smart move would have been to avoid entering Saudi territory.

A number of tech sources have debunked the smart phone audio theory as virtually impossible.

More likely, it's a story put about by Turkish sources to mask the fact that they had the embassy bugged.

It seems beyond comprehension that they would have deliberately killed Khashoggi in such circumstances. A botched interrogation seems to be the most likely scenario.....or "rogue killers" as Trump (no doubt prompted by King Salman) has called them.

A number of sources are reporting that the Saudis are on the verge of admitting this.

I smell a concerted effort to protect Turkey/USA/Saudi relations with a fig leaf story exonerating , in particular, Mohamed Bin Salman from any involvement in the murder of Khashoggi.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

I think what is important to understand is that the country Saudi Arabia was little more than a very poor nation, with mostly with very ignorant people as depicted in the film Laurance of Arabia, where you saw those thirsty travellers drinking water from a well owned by a local Sheikh. They did not pay for the water before they drank it, so he shot them.

Today these are known as the oil sheikhs, the one who owns the most oil wells is the King as simple as that. The population of that nation in the 1920's was less than 500,000, today it's 35,000,000. The oil is running out, the rulers of this nation has the same mentality as was so in the 1920's, but now such wealth is spent as fast as it comes in. In truth this nation lives day to day, and the world is now realising this, and the country can no longer get away with such crimes as we see today, and as in the past,..........some will remember 'Death of a Princess'.

Within the next thirty years or less, the 'wealth' of Sauli Arabia will be long gone, and so will its once wealthy Sheikhs, who will remain there until they are no longer able to 'throw gold coins from their carridges' as they drive pass the 30,000,000 or so poor, and that is why today you see such investments anywhere but in that nation.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Saudi Arabia has at last admitted that Khashoggi died in their Istanbul embassy....following a fight ( ahem!)

Several high level security officers in KSA have been dismissed.

All this according to Saudi state TV so I guess it's the official line to save MBS face.

Expect Trump and US to go along with this story.

I imagine Turkey will extract a high price for playing ball and not releasing any evidence they have which contradicts the official line.......but they need the money.

For the rest of the world, it can only deepen the cynicism with which international politics is viewed.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Reactions to Saudi's move in the case : Egypt

Egypt hailed on Saturday the results of investigations announced by Saudi top prosecutor into the killing of the journalist Gamal Khashoggi.

"Egypt sees that the brave and decisive decisions and actions taken by the Saudi King in this matter align with his majesty's approach that respects the principles of law and applications of effective justice," the Egyptian Foreign Ministry said in a statement.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Those that practice the same, will applaud the same.... :P :P
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Have you noticed no-one seems to be able to pronounce his name correctly ?
It's all down to that other Khashoggi the Arms Dealer from years back...
Adnan Khashoggi was a Saudi Arabian businessman and arms dealer... 8)
'Oh what a wicked web we weave' when first we practise to deceive!
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.