Can you support muslim rights and gay rights?

Luxor has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Can you support muslim rights and gay rights?

Post by newcastle »

This hit my FB Newsfeed today :

UK OPEN Political Debate

Muslims React to Gay Muslim Marriage. (show this to the lefties)

The Lefties need to decide, do they support Muslims or Gay rights as they can't support both!

Published 13/7/17
Paul Joseph Watson. — with Paul Joseph Watson.

phpBB [video]

I suppose I must be in a minority of one then - I support Muslim rights and Gay rights.

By Muslim rights I mean their right to believe what they believe and practice their religion...in peace and without interfering with others who don't share their beliefs.

By Gay rights I mean the right to have a loving relationship with someone of the same sex, marry them if they wish, and be treated as a normal member of society....in peace and without interference from others who don't like their behaviour.

The vast majority of muslims conduct their lives with little thought to the fact that the rest of the world is non-muslim and, shock horror, some of these non-muslims are gay. It's an irrelevance to them...unless you pack them into a hall, start quoting the Qur'an and ask for a show of hands.

Likewise the vast majority of non-muslims conduct their lives with little thought to the fact that there are 1.5 billion muslims with views they might find bizarre - sometimes abhorrent.

But you will always find those who will focus on the differences....gay/straight & muslim/non-muslim....and fan the flames of conflict. I have nothing but contempt for them.

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Can you support muslim rights and gay rights?

Post by Dusak »

I'm lead to believe that incestuous relationships behind the closed doors are not that uncommon. Like many, they pick and chose what to do and only show disagreement towards those that think otherwise or differently.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Not long ago homosexuality was illegal in Britain, times and attitudes change thank God. Strangely enough I was having a conversation with someone only the other week, he absolutely refuses to even sit at the same table as a gay man. His anger and antagonism were incredible. He was a European not Egyptian. Doesn't matter what you say you will never change some people.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

... and if that had been me he was dining with, I would of refused to sit at the same table as he.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.