Dr. Liz Frood

Luxor is ancient Thebes and has a fascinating past. Share your knowledge or ask your questions here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Dr. Liz Frood

Post by HEPZIBAH »

The other evening on the BBC I caught a short documentary about Dr. Liz Frood. Some of you may know of her, or even know her, as she has worked as an archaeologist in Luxor.

As many know, I have little to no interest or knowledge when it comes to archaeology. What made me watch was this remarkable young woman's determination, against great personal hardship and pain, to get back to the subject and world she loved - Graffiti in the Luxor Temples.

Three years ago she was at deaths door with sepsis. She lost the hearing in one ear, both arms were affected so badly that she now cannot sketch or write, both her legs were amputated below the knee. But what an inspiration she is.

If you get the opportunity to see the documentary do, it's only about 15 minutes long.

Below is a link to an article about her and the documentary in her college - St. Cross, Oxford - magazine.

https://www.stx.ox.ac.uk/about-st-cross ... turn-egypt

Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Dr. Liz Frood

Post by Dusak »

A lucky and very brave lady. Human determination can overcome even the harshest of tests.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.