From the light into darkness: A Cataclysmic event ?

Luxor is ancient Thebes and has a fascinating past. Share your knowledge or ask your questions here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Re: From the light into darkness: A Cataclysmic event ?

Post by Horus »

I think the word you are looking for is 'Grus' the name for the sandy gravel like remains of weathered Granite. :up

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Its a well know fact that volcanic eruptions over millions of years that formed various kinds of rock of different densities, natural sediments evolving into sandstone, even the humble pumice stone, can all have differing central cores. Some fragile and crumbly to the touch, others a semi hardness but softer than the external face, especially in a finished piece such as granite. The knack that the Egyptians had was the ability to see what was potentially a good piece to start working on and what was a bit iffy, but even they could guess wrong, such as the one detailed. Water erosion running through large granite formations over hundreds of thousands of years can 'soften' the sides exposed to these torrents of water dependent of the chemical make up contained within that water. An unrecorded nuclear blast, micro waves, alien intervention or any other poo is all in the heads of folk that believe in the existence of fairies at the bottom of their garden. I remember once as a kid playing in a field getting very excited when chancing upon a four leaf clover. The excitement sort of wavered when seeing the whole field was covered in these so called mystical and rare finds. :lol:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

I reckon that debates would be more interesting if we delved into the actual methods that they used and the skills that they employed to create the things that they did. Fanciful theories are OK for a bit of light entertainment evening TV viewing and I confess to watching them on a fairly regular basis, but I have yet to see one of them actually present a theory that would stand up to scrutiny. There are some good ones on Sky TV called ‘In search of ancient Aliens’ ‘Unsealed Alien Files’ and ‘Ancient Aliens’ one of the regular presenters is Giorgio A. Tsoukalos a pretty weird looking but extremely enthusiastic guy, he is interesting to listen to even if every idea is usually prefixed with “is it possible that” and usually it isn’t. I have watched scores of these programs, but yet to see anything which could not be explained by other means without invoking alien technology or mysterious forces. Quite often in these programs they make claims that would immediately be challenged if there was a balance in the information being given to the viewer, so like many of Eric Von Daniken’s ideas they get accepted as being true because no one is there to challenge them, like his interpretation of the Nasca Lines as being a spaceport for alien travellers. Crop circles are another myth, busted so often by young farmers going out at night and making them then waiting for the press to appear and even after filming themselves making a crop circle the ufologists still turn up and claim they are of alien origin. Surely any right thinking person would question why any advanced alien civilisation would travel the vastness of space only to flatten some crops in a field, or why they would need to visually pick out some lines scraped into the surface of a plateau in order to know where to land? haven’t they developed any sort of GPS as part of their navigation system?
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

In Cairo there is a kind of Disneyland (Dr Rageb's Pharaonic Village) that deals with all things Pharaonic, there is a man there who has studied for years how the stones could be cut using ancient technology he shows how given time, man power, it was quite possible to cut the stone.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Carrie, I am sure that they must feature that place you mentioned in some of the historical documentary programs that they make for the History Channel as many of the actors seem to be the same people playing different roles in several different programs and the scenery often looks the same. As you say it is proven technology as to how they did a lot of the stonework from sawing blocks with copper saws and drilling out cores with cylindrical cutters when removing the inside of a sarcophagus for example. I just wish the people who put forward the alternative theories would actually tell us in some detail how and why their own explanation is a credible one and then give us some tangible facts to mull over instead of relying on unprovable and fanciful ideas, now that would be interesting. :up
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Although most of those programs tend to be a load of hog wash, you can not remove the fact that they are highly entertaining for those with an under active brain. [I love 'em] :lol: One of the most interesting programs I've watched recently, shown on the Realy TV channel, was the twenty five years project of constructing a sixteenth century fortified house in France, a small castle in reality, using only the knowledge and materials then known of. The program joined the build in its, I think, sixteenth year. It was very interesting to see how they cut, shaped and raised the heavy materials some one hundred feet+ up onto the towers, and not a millimeter out of level using the most rudimentary string, stone and wooden frames to achieve levels, perpendiculars and set angles. They had also created a small village of workers, eating and drinking those things of that time period, including the cloths that they wore. It was a very hard life.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

newcastle wrote:This guide obviously knows nothing about geology, otherwise he'd be aware that granite naturally weathers to sandstone - particularly under extreme variations of temperature and pressure which would likely affect obelisks in an Egyptian climate.

There's no mystery here.
From the inside out ?

The we have the underground temple, made form Granite and no glyphs at all,, yet above we have limestone with loads of Glyphs.

My conclusion is this:

The Egyptians clearly tried to emulate the previous existence of a superior civilization, with limited success.
As did the Greeks and Romans.

Maybe, tools were left lying around and they had limited knowledge as to how to use them ?

Eventually over the last 3500 years, those tools have now become lost to humanity.

I Do however suspect that the Vatican may know a thing or two, and maybe even have some of them in their vaults.
The Romans had access to things like concrete, and look how long it took us to rediscover that !

I am sure the answer is simple, and given that granite is a great conductor of sound waves, as is water, the sound waves can also be amplified if the structure is of the correct shape, and targeted too, then the clue to all of this advanced engineering lies there somewhere. ?
phpBB [video]

@ 6:20 there is an explanation of what is going on.

If sound can create shapes, then I think it can also cause levitation and indeed the reformation of matter.....
phpBB [video]

Having done my own experiments with exposing water to different frequencies, using a tone generator and a glass of water, i managed to render a glass of water undrinkable. It tasted like bleach.. :sk
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Speculating about matters that puzzle you is one thing John.

But do be careful with experimentation lest you, at some point, disappear up your own fundament.

I, for one, would miss your ramblings on the esoteric skills of our mysterious superior ancestors but I promise to arrange a suitable epitaph...to the effect you were right all along :lol:
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

John Landon wrote:
newcastle wrote:This guide obviously knows nothing about geology, otherwise he'd be aware that granite naturally weathers to sandstone - particularly under extreme variations of temperature and pressure which would likely affect obelisks in an Egyptian climate.

There's no mystery here.
From the inside out ?

Oh yes....the "guide" said that the erosion was there before the stone was cut. He'd know this having been there several centuries earlier when it was cut, or broke, or whatever.

Frankly...I lost interest in whatever he had to say when he twittered on about "molecular changes" in the stone. Whatever knowledge he possesses, basic chemistry isn't part of it
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

I think the noise of that first vid has fragmented what little brain I had left. :cry:

:tk Wasn't there a kids toy around in the sixties that did similar things with iron filings and a battery connected? [Vid 2.]
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

My Dad did buy me odd presents like gyroscopes. magnet toys and chemistry sets.
I had a lot of fun with those. Simple "toys" but fascinating stuff to a young child.

I have to go for a bit, so this is what I would like to conclude regarding the cataclysmic event......

There is a reason the Sahara is desolate today, clearly it was not thousands of years ago during the True Ancients time, as the pictures show us a lush savannah and animals of all sorts.
The descriptions of Sodom and gommorroh ? it is very likely that there were 3-4 ancient major civilizations.

Atlantis, Lemuria, and obviously some in the middle east and north Africa.

The Egyptians had a myth about the creation of the Sahara

"The people turned from Ra, and cast their gaze to idols and false gods... in his anger Ra created Sehkmet, the Lion Goddess of War and set her upon the people.
The Nile Ran Red with their blood, and the Sky burned as she breathed fire upon them, devouring them and slaughtering them"

sounds quite specific ?

This all happened sometime around maybe 11,000 to - 10,000 years ago, ( I coudl even accept 5000 years ag ) from what I can understand of ancient myths, and accounts from Egyptian priests who interacted with Greeks like Pythagoras.I believe Atlantis and Lemuria were destroyed from the tectonic plates shifting due to multiple nuclear type weapons, this is why they sank into the sea.

phpBB [video]
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Truly bizarre :a8: :a8:

"...that there were 3-4 ancient major civilizations." you categorise as "very likely" . Call me a sceptic, but I'd like a little more in the way of verifiable evidence rather than bald assertions :urm:

Enjoy your break :wi
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

Truly Bizzare ? Do your research and realise the world and "civilisations" are much older and diverse than most can even comprehend.
Hint: Dig deep, then deeper still, The answer could petrify your brain, and clearly the condition I have called pareidolia has indeed paid off.
Once you see it, just once, then all of a sudden things leap out at you and the bigger picture emerges.

Sadly I can go no further, because we cant get past first base.

The Circle of life, no begging has no end. Maybe for the older ones, Enjoy your journey through the Sun in a broken stoneage dawn.
For the rest of us, There is a revolution coming.....
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

John, once again you give us all this mystery guff, but not once have you given us anything that is factual or provable and so we are forced to ask you to substantiate your claims, it is not an acceptable answer for you to just keep repeating a "seek and ye shall find" mantra. If you really want us to take you seriously then post something tangible that we can look at, judge for ourselves and then reply to you in an observational way, otherwise you leave no one any alternative but to laugh at your theories as they are at times truly bizarre and without any basis in fact. On another thread I challenged you as an Engineer myself to enlighten me with your knowledge of 'ram pumps' and how they would have been used, how they made them and what use they put them to once they had manufactured them in ancient Egypt and similar cultures as you claim they did, but to date you have not replied. As I have said previously, no one least of all myself wants to cramp your style, but you just cannot keep throwing up these theories as if they were fact and then refusing to support them with some verifiable proofs, then worse still implying that everyone else is an unenlightened fool because they do not subscribe your own pet theory.