From the light into darkness: A Cataclysmic event ?

Luxor is ancient Thebes and has a fascinating past. Share your knowledge or ask your questions here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Re: From the light into darkness: A Cataclysmic event ?

Post by John Landon »

I have already mentioned the obelisk that was brought out vertically in my second post.
"If you go to Aswan Quarry where the "unfinished" ( I use that term lightly, it is infact symbolic) Obelisk is, higher up that quarry, you will see a huge perfectly square hole,
and it is very deep. Some clever engineering was involved in not only cutting that stone, BUT drawing an obelisk out of the ground in an upright position, that's impossible to do today."

As for a guy moving an already pre positioned monolith, yes I did see it, and you don't need to be a mathematical or engineering genius to do that.
I was raised in the countryside, and trust me, although farming is a tough and hard life at times, necessity becomes the mother of invention, and you soon realise that Farmers are very clever people.
Now, if those lines of thinking could be augmented, then maybe we can find out how those huge monoliths were moved vast distance's instead of arguing about it.
However, the video still does not explain how the granite obelisks and statues were cut and shaped though.

Anyway, we were trying to see what caused the decline in Egypt, I had suggested a cataclysmic event,
but apparently that could not have happened because meteorites don't hit earth, especially an earth with highly civilised people occupying it.

So, if we try to examine the time line of the structures, then maybe we get a clue there ?

At some point, they stopped using Granite in the actual structure of the buildings, and reverted to Sandstone, a soft easy stone that CAN be carved with Bronze age tools.
The Temple of Isis does not contain granite in its structure, so perhaps that may operate as a starting point ?
A temple close to the source of granite does not employ the use of granite indicates to me that they could no longer cut or shape granite, but as we would expect, they have used sandstone instead, and indeed the build quality is good, as are the carvings.
I could even suggest that this happened elsewhere, where granite structures existed and sandstone structures were added to them later on ?
Many carvings on the Granite statues of Ramese2, are not of the same quality of the actual statue itself,
which makes me think another civilisation took ownership by writing on it, and maybe even distorted the meaning of what the statue represented. ?
Not just Rameses 2, but other smaller granite statues and carvings too.
can we even be sure the granite monoliths were originally erected with the carvings on them, or were they added later ?

So "perhaps" no cataclysmic event, but knowledge and skills were going into decline. Why ?

The Ancients it seems did encounter other peoples form other lands, maybe one of those encounters over time caused the decline. The Sea people ? The Greeks ?, or just bitter infighting amongst the ruling classes , whereby muscle beats brain's and wins, but ultimately without the brains, the civilisation descends into nothingness eventually ?

Which ever way it happened, and if the time lines are correct, then we today are a very long way behind where we should be, maybe by as much as 4000 years.
If we had been able to adopt the technologies the ancients had access to all those years ago, when Europeans first met up with the Egyptians, imagine where we would be today. !

Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

I think Newcastle's head has exploded......
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

The obelisk is symbolic, symbolic of cocking up by the forming of a bloody great crack.

John, why do you always look for the incredible rather than the palpably obvious?
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

How many other broken obelisks are there ? You really think that those who made previous obelisks would make such a mistake ?
Incidently, I noticed that the "scoop" marks around the obelisk are the same as some scoop marks I found on an ancient stone in Anglesey..... 8)

Clearly I am not going to get any constructive comments, lets all blindly believe all we are told and go to bed before the curfew kicks in... :ct

Thanks anyway, it was worth a try.... :cg
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

I still want to know why a big square hole automatically means it contained, at some time, an obelisk.

I think cutting out an obelisk vertically would pose some difficulty....beyond even the most accomplished alien -sorry -advanced civilisation.

Then again......oh....who cares... :a84:
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Iv'e got an obelisk... 8)
Ps: It's not a really big obelisk but it's still an obelisk.
and it says's some really good sh*t on it. And it say's it in hieroglyphics but nobody can read it.
An obelisk is still an obelisk no matter how big it is, Just how big is your obelisk ?

Not many people know this but, there are only a few thousand obelisks in the world.
And I have one, does it make me feel superior because I have an obelisk ?
Not at all, us Obelisks owners have a duty to maintain our obelisks for mankind,
and for future generations to come.
'Support your local obelisk owners now!..... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

You cant have enough Obelisks, can you ? Though they are supposed to come in pairs.
Of course the Ancients Obelisks were in effect solid crystal, and may possess some quality us modern day humans have yet to discover.
All matter has a vibrational frequency.
Hit objects with the right frequency and weird things start to happen.

Stan (RIP) said that Science calls this a phenomena, in other words,
Phenomena is a word science uses when it cant understand what is happening.

phpBB [video]

Therein I believe is what the Ancients knew and practised ... Am I right or am I right ? :br

No point in further discussion... Clearly I am casting peals before swine,, 8)

Swine ??? :tk Oh ****... ! The smoke alarm has jut gone off, that means my Bacon butty is ready.... :up
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

I enjoy the moment Mr, JL when your in full flow. Although I do think that there are a couple of MD's nut trees growing on here. :lol:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

I enjoy your posts JL don't necessarily agree with them but because of you I have learnt about ram pumps and how they work. Keep it up. :)
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Carrie, if you check back we have had pages and pages dealing with ram pumps and their practicality or not and that is probably why no one has bothered to engage in this topic this time around, over the years we have covered just about every angle on them so its not new on here. Maybe all those threads got deleted when Keefy tidied up the old posts.
Yildez
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Yildez »

I remember watching a TV programme about ancient sites, which included the Hanging Gardens of Babylon. I'm not sure, but I think it was suggested that ram pumps were used to lift the water to the highest levels?
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Not ram pumps Yildez it was the use of hand cranked Archimedes screws that lifted the water several feet up to another level and so on until it reached the top.
Yildez
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Yildez »

Yes, you're right!! Archimedes screws it was! :br
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

John Landon wrote:How many other broken obelisks are there ? You really think that those who made previous obelisks would make such a mistake ?

Nobody is perfect and i would imagine that a crack can form in a type of stone like this for a variety of reasons - skilled at what they did they may well have been but everybody makes mistakes. If this was somehow symbolic then why is there no reference to this symbolism either at the site or elsewhere?

Incidently, I noticed that the "scoop" marks around the obelisk are the same as some scoop marks I found on an ancient stone in Anglesey..... 8)

Ah well, all that means is the same sub contract company that were employed to construct the symbolic obelisk were also employed at the site in Anglesey - presumably they travelled between sites via Frater's mates.
Clearly I am not going to get any constructive comments, lets all blindly believe all we are told and go to bed before the curfew kicks in... :ct

A tad unfair, in the main, what has happened here is that you have been disagreed with, with logical thought out replies, you seem to be suggesting that in order for it to be constructive it must in some way agree with your theory. Thats not how most advances in knowledge are achieved. I believe everything im told if there is evidence for it. You never really have any evidence in your theories John, to believe what you are telling me is not preferable to evidence based theory - im sorry, but thats just the way most people roll.

Thanks anyway, it was worth a try.... :cg
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Can only comment what we were told when seeing the obelisk with the crack by our Egyptologist. The crack happened due to an unseen hairline fracture when the work in carving it out got to the stage it did. The scoop indentations were created by the builders using a round granite ball that they painstakingly hammered along the gauge line, eventually forming the obelisk shape when the groove broke though to the underside.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

You only have to look down into the cuts made alongside the obelisk to see that this was the method used and at the base of the cut the irregular curved contour is visible where the Diorite pounding stone was striking the bedrock. I don’t know if they are still in situ but during my first visit there were some of these stones still visible at the bottom of the cut and the indentations are clearly visible on the exposed roughly hewn pointed end. They even made single deep exploratory holes in an attempt to determine the integrity of the bedrock prior to starting the extraction process, not always successful as this example shows.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

Chris Dunn's comments make sense on this "Transformed" granite at Karnak temple.
"Erosion on the inside of the granite block ?
Chris starts talking at about 3:00

phpBB [video]
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Sorreeee but just doesn't wash with me. :tk
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Much as I would like to debate this with you JL I am not sure what your point is? The whole group are obviously believers in some kind of alternative theories, but no one is actually giving any background on what they are talking about. There is an ‘Egyptologist’? Or maybe a guide of some description claiming the rock is Black Granite? Or are we talking Basalt here? I have to say I am not even convinced that it is Granite of any description in the first place, the core is too yellow in colour, look at the yellowing visible on that door post where the patina has come away. My own view is that we are looking at a Sandstone block that was well polished, but over the millennia the outer face has darkened probably due to its mineral composition. Once it had cracked or split the open ends would have been subjected to erosion as we are seeing here, which to me look fairly typical for Sandstone. But more to the point, why would a gate pillar be subjected to high bursts of energy? What would be the point and where did that energy come from? A more plausible explanation would be that someone once built a big fire against the door pillar and it degraded the stone.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

This guide obviously knows nothing about geology, otherwise he'd be aware that granite naturally weathers to sandstone - particularly under extreme variations of temperature and pressure which would likely affect obelisks in an Egyptian climate.

There's no mystery here.