From the light into darkness: A Cataclysmic event ?

Luxor is ancient Thebes and has a fascinating past. Share your knowledge or ask your questions here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

From the light into darkness: A Cataclysmic event ?

Post by John Landon »

This short video reflects my own ideas about our past.
History was not erased by this event as claimed by the title of this video, as we still have some relics left over, Our History was erased by 3 Abrahamic desert religions later on.
I feel that it is possible that we have come out of some form of cataclysmic event and that is still not understood what really happened, but there must have been survivors, and in places like Egypt, one could cling to the banks of the Nile and try to start over. At least you would have the basic necessities for life to continue.

People have theories of an Ancient Nuclear war, others claim god did it because he hated us so much, but there is no doubt in my mind something major took place on this earth and after that, Nothing was ever the same again.

This proves to me that the Giza Pyramids are much older than is claimed, due to the damage they sustained during this cataclysmic event. This event was never recorded by the Egyptians, nor it seems did the Egyptians give any attention to the Pyramids or document them, its almost as if they didnt even notice they were there or question them or ponder the existence of the Pyramids like we do today.

Anyhow, I think this is worth a few minutes of time, as he does raise some valid points and challenges conventional Egyptology.

phpBB [video]

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: From the light into darkness: A Cataclysmic event ?

Post by newcastle »

"History and archaeology" John?

Or a figment of your (and others') fertile imagination?

Maybe this post is in the wrong section?
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

We can all see, but we are blind, like the Sun on a TV set, it looks like the Sun, but its not, and you wont feel the heat or get a tan from the Sun the TV shows you.

I can see blocks of stone that we cannot move with today's technology, I see stone fashioned in a manner we cannot equal with today's technology
and buildings lined up in such precision to the earth that again with our current technology we cannot equal. I see holes cut into the rock that cannot be made with the tools of that time

I will not rubbish Egyptology, I agree that it certainly contains enough truth to be plausible and indeed some things are correct.

BUT, there is a history and a time that is hidden from us.

If you go to Aswan Quarry where the "unfinished" ( I use that term lightly, it is infact symbolic) Obelisk is, higher up that quarry, you will see a huge perfectly square hole,
and it is very deep. Some clever engineering was involved in not only cutting that stone, BUT drawing an obelisk out of the ground in an upright position, that's impossible to do today.
I guess we can even conveniently ignore the paintings of Flamingo's and Hippopotamus that are on the walls of the quarry too ?

Academia is part of the layer cake..

Chris Dunn an engineer explains a few things here, and makes some clever comments on what he sees, including the Dynastic pictures showing them allegedly cutting stone.

phpBB [video]

I will propose that the people of the Dynastic period simply recycled stones and did indeed create structure's and modify existing ones where they could, and try to take full credit.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Interesting post.

I rest my case.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

I would love to know how they made this kind of stuff. I find it fascinating....

phpBB [video]

You will notice that the box comes from a different era than the etchings for the Glyph's.
Why anyone would knock off all the beading beggars belief, and I wonder just how much stuff has gone missing over the millennia ?

Shame no one can reproduce the diorite stone bashing method of creating all the granite masterpieces in Egypt...
Must be another Academic blind leap of faith I guess ?
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

A theory:

If a cataclysmic event hit a civilised society, similar to our own, who would be best equipped to survive ?
Probably those who didn't depend on it initially, then a survival of the fittest regime would no doubt occur, until the wheat had been sorted from the chaff,
then at some point people are going to have to relalise they need to get along and work together.

OR, there is a mass migration to another civilisation in another part of the world, or a land where you can settle.

Maybe both ?

If this happened in Egypt,

Those who stayed, were never going to rebuild the same facilities as they once had, but there may be a way of hanging in that land by the Nile and recreating something.
I guess you could create a small town by the Nile, preferably one with the temples and relics, a convenient place for shelter, in the fertile lands, get organised with food, shelter etc, then when things settle down and a period of prosperity kicks in, as it would if you are planning correctly with the creation of produce, and storage facilities,
they could then improve the standard of living in all areas of life, and use some of the skills they brought with them, assuming you have recorded the knowledge, as those skills wont be needed early on.

Perhaps you may try to recapture what you had before the cataclysm occurred, or just move in a different direction ?

Maybe even selling souvenirs to Greek Tourists...

What of the Migrants ? I have a feeling, that is another story....
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Interesting, I suppose there are as many theories about how the ancient artifacts were created as there are ancient artifacts.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

I'm certainly not going to say it was Aliens that did it, as that is a leap of faith, but if we keep it simple, then the only obstacle to overcome is the fact that we have been around much longer than History has told us, and us humans today are way behind technologically speaking than the Ancients were, and that can only mean that we have lost what we once had. Why ? There has to be a rational reason. There is none that Academia can or will tell us about.

Academia has several branches, and I find it interesting that those branches are now disagreeing with each other. ALL "experts" in their fields.
The Geologists have tangible evidence that the Sphinx is incredibly old, and there does appear to be some form of cataclysmic event that happened based on the study of the rocks and formations.

its only the Egyptologists and historians armed with nothing but "the power of what was said before" that are disputing this.

Here is the Geological evidence of the true age of the Sphynx, and also the discovery of the second Sphinx ( at 13:20 ) that appears to have been repurposed by later Egyptians...

phpBB [video]

This video speak more of what the cataclysmic event could have been and the physical effects it left behind that the Geologists found.
He studies the geology around ancient civilisations. Dr Robert Schoch has a Phd in Geology and Geophysics from Yale no less.

phpBB [video]
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

An interesting and plausible theory. The main problem being is that any expert in this field can be seen to show no willingness to even stop and consider such a thing. What they have been taught, learned and shown by other experts in that particular field is the gospel, unchangeable. What this planet needs is such a cataclysmic event to happen that would alter the many stalwart opinions of this planet to reconsider what they firmly believe in. Of course, dependent on the ferocity of such an event it could cancel out any time left for debate or not too many ''I told you so'' statements. :lol:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

I can see blocks of stone that we cannot move with today's technology, I see stone fashioned in a manner we cannot equal with today's technology and buildings lined up in such precision to the earth that again with our current technology we cannot equal. I see holes cut into the rock that cannot be made with the tools of that time

There's just so much intellectual dishonesty here!

I'll assume, John, you're just ill-informed rather than deliberately trying to mislead.

https://unorthodoxthoughts.com/tag/diorite/

I do like the description of 'alternative theories'............"chewing gum for the mind" !
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

Do do do do do do do do
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

Why do some people automatically look outwards/upwards for the Next Big Event? There's more than enough evidence to show that this world is quite capable of doing it by itself.

The Black Sea was once a fresh water lake with plenty of fish and surrounded by nut bearing trees, forests and game. People living there thrived. But when the narrow berm separating this area was breached, the Mediterranean poured in, thus the inhabitants had to migrate as the waters rose ........... and so on.

Yellowstone Park covered most of America with dust when it last blew, and would have reduced sunlight around the world for a very significant time. By the way, its unstable and due for another big bang.
Smile! It confuses people
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

I like this definition of an expert:

"In addition to technical and academic definitions of "expert", at least one humorous and irreverent explanation exists.

In it, "expert" is separated into two parts based upon pronunciation - "ex" and "spurt".

The two segments are then described separately, with "ex" described as a "has-been" and "spurt" described as "a drip under pressure".

Therefore, an expert can be described as a has-been who is a drip under pressure."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expert
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

Well, I am inclined to believe that a cataclysmic event can also be man made, and not from the heavens, even though there are plenty of well known meteor strikes on earth.

Politics, religion and money plus ego can each on their own can invoke such an event.

Newcastle. Your link just speaks of Aliens, and yet I am not. Your link offers no proof of diorite stones creating the wonderful granite sculptures nor does it offer any plausible methods of how these huge blocks and obelisks were moved. All you that it does is mock people who be live in aliens.
A pathetic and childish argument, filled with subterfuge that does not offer any provable explanations.
Let me reitterate once again that I'm not saying aliens did it....

Where has the knowledge gone that we once had ? That is the question.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

You obviously skimmed through the article John. If it does ridicule belief in aliens, then perhaps the author felt, like Thomes Jefferson, that ridicule is the only approach to some ideas. If you'd posted your twaddle in myths etc rather than history & archaeology you'd have had no comment by me.

Returning to the article - one of thousands readily available I might add - it mentions that the fine carving of the hardest material can be performed even today by the recognised ancient methods. We don't today, because we have better tools which do the job more quickly. Time wasn't an issue for Pharaoh's workmen. I could find you articles by master stonemasons in confirmation.

Did you watch the video showing a single man moving and erecting megaliths of many tonnes?

Possibly not. And you have the nerve to accuse me, and other sceptics, of being blind to the "evidence". You have no evidence and only doubt the rational explanations of modern science because you can't be bothered to research the explanations that consistently debunk your alternative hypotheses.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

Darwin and Galileo had a lot of problems with "experts" in the field quoting what the then "modern world knew".

I can easily remember when many of the things we take for granted - fibre optics, making phone calls via satellite, chemotherapy, even dialasis were considered impossible, inspired by works of fiction.

I'm way old enough to live with an open mind, and be grateful for the enquiring minds of others as the spin off can be so unimaginably important.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Darwin and Galileo didn't have any problem with experts MD. Both were supported by fellow scientists at the time.

They did have problems with the rigid thinking of the church, based as it was - and remains - on ancient myths and belief in an all powerful extra-terrestrial deity.

We don't have to invent superior civilisations to explain anything. Funny how they come and go without a trace...unless they're aliens and flew away having seeded us with their technology.

Let's hope seeding went no further :lol:
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

:tk :urm: :st
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

I am not inventing superior civilisations, the evidence of their existence is right where you live in Egypt.

Problem is, we are told how they did things and what they were for, but there is no supporting evidence, and we have not learned anything from this superior civilisation have we. ?
We cant do what they managed to do all those years ago.

Now, if we could find evidence of diamond tipped cutting tools and something of antiquity that could be used to lift massive weights, or carve granite in the way they did, then that would be great.

Fact is, we are clueless, as are the academics who spurt the diorite stone theory, but cannot prove it, or indeed demonstrate how giant monoliths were lifted out of the ground and transported.
Aswan Quarry is a long way from the Nile, as you will have seen when you went there, there is also a hill to negotiate before you get to the Nile.

Plus, what about the monolith that was extracted vertically that I found ?
I have a theory that involves the use of water to extract it, but I am at a loss to work out how it was cut out, and it and the other monoliths were transported from the quarry.

The European and American plunderers of these great monoliths had it easy by comparison to take them out of Egypt. Plus they didn't have to create them from scratch.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

This is getting boringly repetitive.

Science and egyptologists have rational explanations for all that you mention.

That you choose not to believe them is up to you.Short of a 2000BC video illustrating the process, what do you want?

Why do assume it was an obelisk removed vertically?

What did you make of the video of one man shifting megaliths with levers, fulcrums, rollers etc. Camera tricks?