Hepshetsut-Amarna connection ? a conversation with myself

Luxor is ancient Thebes and has a fascinating past. Share your knowledge or ask your questions here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Re: Hepshetsut-Amarna connection ? a conversation with mysel

Post by Mad Dilys »

Ah, thank you A4 I didn't know that what I call the docks are also known as the harbour. (An Egyptologist told me that was what they were called many moons ago)

There were 15 pairs of docking units, of course making 14 actual landing places. I know they could only use them for a short time each year, but there must have been a huge pressure of business to require such facilities. The number of people involved and the support they required I find staggering.

I'm not actually very impressed by Pharaohs and their deeds, tombs, temples and statuary in general, (with the exception of Nefertari's tomb) but am very impressed by the logistics of everyday life, especially for the Common Man. The organisation was fantastic - if only they were running the NHS!

I find the area so very fascinating that I've been looking at it again on Google this morning when I really don't have time. :oops:

Smile! It confuses people
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Paranoid-Critical Interpretation: ( or seeing faces in cliffs )

Created in the early 1930’s by Dali himself, the “Paranoid-Critical” method is a Surrealist method used to help an artist tap into their subconscious through systematic irrational thought and a self-induced paranoid state. By inducing this paranoid state one can forego one’s previous notions, concepts, and understanding of the world and reality in order to view the world in new, different and more unique ways......So there.... 8)

Ps: I :a25: Ram Pumps....
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

Ram pumps is another thing i was going to get too. Of course it is free energy, altough people confuse the 10% efficiency of a ram pump as not being free energy, but it is free.
That why rich people had them installed in their grounds to give them easy access to fresh water and produce free electricity for them in later years.
the Ram pump was re invented by Jospeh Montgolfier in about 1785.

They could easily have been used to feed the temples and indeed up into the mountains where necessary. probably irrigate miles of land if you use some logic.
Location of said pump is the most important aspect of its efficiency and benefit.

where there is water there is Life.....
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

before getting back to the relationship with Hepshetsut and Amarna, and a possible corrupt time line, I am building a picture in my mind of the West Bank. it is that of a busy industrial type complex ?
Industry being relative to the times they were living in.
Goods and farm produce moved about by canal boats, and perhaps during building of temples wide bottom barges to move quarried stone about during the flood to get it close as possible to the building site.
I dont think it is true that the West Bank was for the dead, and the East bank for the living, as I feel there will have been many farmers and craftsmen working and living on the West Bank.
Perhaps the East Bank was the equivalent of London or the Home counties where the more prosperous people lived ? The Workers got to be close to their work as usual.

The canals were the equivalent of our side roads and the Nile a big Motorway, but also the canals were veins of life running into the desert.
Perhaps the Green belt that extends today form the Nile to the desert was much much wider than it is today. ? Irrigation is the key to that, so in effect what these people managed to achieve was the conversion of a desert into workable and liveable land. ?
if not, then they were living in an already lush savannah, and something bad happened and the desert took over. maybe the Black sea deluge ?

Deploying Ram pumps could significantly increase the range of irrigation without the use of canals, and even take water up into the mountains.

If we could do that today, we could extend the habitat of mankind by a considerable amount, have a good simple life and feed the world. Even create huge lakes and encourage greenery to grow, that would eventually start off a small micro climate that would make the desert a self sustaining savannah and forests. Wow...

Ok, brain dump over.... :br
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

Love it. :up
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

There are two classic examples of Ram Pumps at Kom Ombo.
People have argued with me over this,
but they didn't understand how Ram Pumps work or have ever used one.

It's the principle rather than the materials used that eludes them.
The result at Kom Ombo is easy to see, the erosion of the stone whereby the water emanated
from inside the Temple....8)
Ps: Even Stan's arguments evaporated with me on this.....
Sophocles.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

I had never heard of Ram Pumps so just looked them up, they seem to be able to lift one heck of a lot of water by using free energy. I wonder if they could have been used to irrigate the Hanging Gardens of Babylon?
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Mad Dilys wrote:Love it. :up
You love it MD ?, for the first time on this forum, it seems people like John here are actually looking at this area with an open mind, and are not afraid to say so, rather than follow the old books, and the modern day doctors, who are doing their damnedest to keep every thing within the written dogma similar to that of the 'articles' of faith of the Christian Catholic Church.

How on earth was it ever expected that the Mentuhotep, Tuthmoses III and Hatshepsut temples up there in Deirdre el Bahari, were to function as mortuary temples once you realise what is involved in the daily 'life' of such a place.

I will write a little more in support of what John has written above later this evening.
Last edited by A-Four on Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

Not to worry Who2, I have figure out how the Ram pumps can work, there could be 2 types, the conventional "water drop" type that we know today, but also one could use the force of the great River Nile to power a ram pump with water coming in from the "side", utilising the flow of the Nile channelled into the pump.

the main components will be Granite for the ones used in Egypt... The Montgolfier ram pumps were of course cast iron, but even today you can make one out of some tubing and and a "snap valve". My mate has one feeding his house form the stream below him.

I had forgotten about ram pump efficiency, its 20% NOT 10% as I claimed earlier. 10 gallons into the pump = 2 gallons out of th epump and can be lifted 10 times higher that the incoming pressure, so with the water drop type of ram pump, a 10 foot drop of 10 gallons of water will pump 2 gallons UP 100 feet.

THIS is the "Cup and Saucer" by where I live, the water drops evenly into the intake of the ram pump from the stream.

The Ram pump is situated 10 feet below the Cup and Saucer and slightly to the west, so it is not directly under the intake, and is located inside the brick archway you see below, and to the left the diagram of the ram pump.

it feeds the water tank in the loft of Erddig Hall, which is located on the hill above.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

carrie wrote:I had never heard of Ram Pumps so just looked them up, they seem to be able to lift one heck of a lot of water by using free energy. I wonder if they could have been used to irrigate the Hanging Gardens of Babylon?
I have often wondered that too Carrie, I think it is more than possible, :tk but if not then Archimedes screws made out of hollowed out tree trunks...
Like the original water pipes that supplied London in the 16th century that were made from tree trucks. There is one in Erddig hall.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archimedes%27_screw

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

A-Four wrote:
Mad Dilys wrote:Love it. :up
You love it MD ?, for the first time on this forum, it seems people like John here are actually looking at this area with an open mind, and are not afraid to say so, rather than follow the old books, and the modern day doctors, who are doing their damnedest to keep every thing within the written dogma similar to that of the 'articles' of faith of the Christian Catholic Church.

How on earth was it ever expected that the Mentuhotep, Tuthmoses III and Hatshepsut temples up there in Deirdre el Bahari, were to function as mortuary temples once you realise what is involved in the daily 'life' of such a place.

I will write a little more in support of what John has written above later this evening.
:a84: :a84:

Who's Deirdre el Bahari? Wasn't she a character in Coronation Street?
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

I've got a bit of a garden project on with a large rockery on a slope. I've been wondering about incorporating a ram pump so that there will be combined watering of plants and a little stream with waterfalls.

Sorry to digress, I'd better get out of this conversation so you can get back to the opening topic. :oops:
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

Here is a web site by John Cadman, here he shows you how you can make your own "pulse pump" as he calls it, and shows you his own setup working, plus his theory on how water was pumped through the GP.
Its a very long web page, but well worth the time looking at. :up

http://sentinelkennels.com/Research_Article_V41.html

The only problem with a ram pump, is the noise it generates, while the rhythmic beat can be quite soothing, a home made pump that you could make yourself has quite a loud CLACK to it, so probably not ideal for a garden situation.
This is why the 18th century ram pumps were housed in the earth, to soundproof them.

what I did notice at Erddig, was the amount of Molehills in the meadow occupying the area by where the ram pump is housed, and these got less and less the further away from the pump you got.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Vibration attracts worms which attract moles. QED
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

We used to stick kid's wind fans over the moles' tunnels on our lawn.
Until one of the household, Selma one time organist from the Rickenbacker's ?
placed his speakers over the molehills, and he played to them, on his Hammond C3 and Leslie 122 Speaker
it seemed to do the trick...weird was Selma...... 8)
Sophocles.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Mustn't have liked the tune Who he should have tried something soothing. :lol:
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

It's interesting to note that in that earlier period of the 11th and 12th Dynasties, I could find no evidence of any canals along the foot hills of the WB in Luxor, however, they managed to build that quite remarkable temple attributed to either Mentuhotep I or his son, around 2000 B.C., which is to the far south of the Hatshepsut Temple. Further to this throughout all my time on the WB, I have only ever discovered one quarry that could supply stone of sufficient quality material for such a build, though I believe there would have been insufficient material for such a project.

If you take a path that run slightly to the north of the present day road to the King's Valley, it will bring you to an area where clearly you will see cut sections from the present day stone. As far as I know local artisans up until 1990 ( and I do mean A.D.) were splitting the stone in the old ancient way with wood and water.

Over this week end, I will write up on here details of what we believe about what is known of the Ben Ben stone, it's importance not only in what we know of the obelisk, the ancient pyramid, but even the cenotaph that is in Whitehall today. Strange but true, as they say. My idea here is help give a clearer understanding of what Dier el Bahri was all about and how that whole area was so important to the New Kingdom. (18th -20th Dynasty).
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

The Industrial Revolution in Britain brought about great changes in the thinking of Christian ideas, the Methodists, Baptsts and even the Spiriualists 'church' became respectable places of worship for a while. Through the latter part of the Victorian age the so called middle classes became fascinated with other part of the so called uncivilised parts of the world, where they discovered in ancient time their religions were quite similar to those of the accepted modern faith of Christianity. It was the old Egypt faith that caught most attention, so much so that today we only have to walk through any old Victorian cemetery to come across more than one obelisk, and yes even the odd pyramid.

Many of the well known Egyptologyists of that time wrote quite popular books and pamphlets on the ancient religions of Egypt, which certainly helped towards financing future expeditions to Egypt the following year, while some were financed by wealthy people who sponsored such people as Petrie in the hope he would come up with proof of the books of the Bible's Old Testament. One of these such people was a Egyptologist of that period called Joseph Benomi who persuaded a very wealthy widow, Hannah Courtoy, and her two daughters to part with a small fortune to build a obelisk style tomb, where they are all entombed standing inside this thing, having been informed that this thing would 'teleport' them into the after life. To read more on this check out Old Brompton Cemetary in West London. ( as a kid, I spent a year living in Finborough Road, near what was Princess Beatrice Hospital, then, which I remember had an A&E department in the basement, long gone no, maybe the Dr remembers). I do remember we called this tomb,.......the tomb of the Witches.

Edward Lutyens was the architect of the Cenotaph in Whitehall, he too had a keen interest in the old Egyptian religion, especially that which concerned the ordinary ancient people. This man designed many of the war memorials we see scattered around Britain today, perhaps his most impressive is up in Victoria Park, Leicester, it is an archway, though most of his others are obelisk in one shape or another,................

I shall write more tomorrow. :wi .
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

A-Four wrote:The Industrial Revolution in Britain brought about great changes in the thinking of Christian ideas, the Methodists, Baptsts and even the Spiriualists 'church' became respectable places of worship for a while. Through the latter part of the Victorian age the so called middle classes became fascinated with other part of the so called uncivilised parts of the world, where they discovered in ancient time their religions were quite similar to those of the accepted modern faith of Christianity. It was the old Egypt faith that caught most attention, so much so that today we only have to walk through any old Victorian cemetery to come across more than one obelisk, and yes even the odd pyramid.

Many of the well known Egyptologyists of that time wrote quite popular books and pamphlets on the ancient religions of Egypt, which certainly helped towards financing future expeditions to Egypt the following year, while some were financed by wealthy people who sponsored such people as Petrie in the hope he would come up with proof of the books of the Bible's Old Testament. One of these such people was a Egyptologist of that period called Joseph Benomi who persuaded a very wealthy widow, Hannah Courtoy, and her two daughters to part with a small fortune to build a obelisk style tomb, where they are all entombed standing inside this thing, having been informed that this thing would 'teleport' them into the after life. To read more on this check out Old Brompton Cemetary in West London. ( as a kid, I spent a year living in Finborough Road, near what was Princess Beatrice Hospital, then, which I remember had an A&E department in the basement, long gone no, maybe the Dr remembers). I do remember we called this tomb,.......the tomb of the Witches.

Edward Lutyens was the architect of the Cenotaph in Whitehall, he too had a keen interest in the old Egyptian religion, especially that which concerned the ordinary ancient people. This man designed many of the war memorials we see scattered around Britain today, perhaps his most impressive is up in Victoria Park, Leicester, it is an archway, though most of his others are obelisk in one shape or another,................

I shall write more tomorrow. :wi .
Once again - Leicester top of the pile!
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Zooropa wrote: Once again - Leicester top of the pile!
........and seriously Zoo, did you really expect anything less. :wi :wi .