Hepshetsut-Amarna connection ? a conversation with myself

Luxor is ancient Thebes and has a fascinating past. Share your knowledge or ask your questions here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Hepshetsut-Amarna connection ? a conversation with myself

Post by John Landon »

A conversation with one's self. perhaps a sign of madness, but then thinking out imaginary conversations with oneself perhaps allows the mind to wander more in directions that would not be voiced publicly, like my theory on King Tut..

I like all the west bank temples, they seem to share features of th emore dramatic and much larger east bank temples, but Hepshetsut stands out to me as being not of the same mould as the others.

I was visiting Hepshetsut one day, and with the temple to the east of me, I was surveying the cliff side, when I swear I saw the head and face of Akenaton in stone, as though he were looking at the temple.
Ok, so that was probably my pareidolia kicking in, as it does.
Now, this is not science, but it is thinking and asking valid questions.

Has Hepshetsut anything to do with Akenaton or his lineage, rather than giving the story of Amenhotep 3 the credit for raising Akenaton and then Akenaton moving to Amarna and ruling from there.
I will mention this a bit later on, so sticking to this unique "temple"
What strikes me about that "temple" is that it not the same design as all the others, and its unique location, by virtue of the fact that it is built into the cliff face.
This looks more like a grand entrance to somewhere, but where ? Perhaps there is much more we need to find inside the cliff face, who knows ?
Also, the steps are more like those you would find leading to the Sea in a Cornish or Welsh fishing village, to aid getting your boat in and out of the water, once the boat is on some form of dolly or trailer.

I have always believed that Akenaton and co lived in a lush savannah, Armarna was a city unlike any of the others, and a society does not change that fast, then switch back again, so Akenaton lived much earlier than any of the other so called pharaohs, claiming to be as great as he was, which I doubt they were given what they left behind in their tombs. So the timeline is not quite right if it is slotted into present day thinking about the Pharaonic time lines and dynasties.
maybe it is out by as much as 8000 years, as I think there must have been some form of disaster that struck this earth and causes the desertification of North Africa and brought about a natural end to the Armana period.
Maybe "tut" was buried in such a unique way ( that gold mask has NEVER been rivalled by any others we have seen ) for posterity rather than funerary, a sort of "kilroy was here" statement to the world that emerged from this great disaster.
That means that they knew it was coming this great disaster, but then again, they did in the Epic of Gilgamesh and the Old testament, or at least certain wise people did.
But then again, a herd of sheep left unchecked and without predators could eventually cause a savannah to be turned into a desert, if a flood did not take out the population, and some other disaster did, possibly even man made ?
whatever happened later, never rivalled that of Akenaton during his years of ruling and leadership, so when he went, the knowledge was lost or at least going into some form of decline, and never recovered.

This is not fact, its thoughts that I have, open for discussion, and preferably using ones own rationale rather than that of conventional Egyptology source from Wikipedia or the internet. repeating what has already been told, and reagrded as fact because its always been that way. A new look, based on what we see today.

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Re: Hepshetsut-Amarna connection ? a conversation with mysel

Post by carrie »

John I haven't actually seen that head but took a load of photos one day and when I downloaded them onto my computer there the head was, must have been a trick of the light and the shadows on the cliff that I hadn't noticed. Wierd.
Wish I could post photo on here but I have tried and can't.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

A conversation with one's self. perhaps a sign of madness
Not at all. At least I don't believe so.

I find conversations with myself very helpful in all sorts of situations....and I trust my own judgement more than most others.

As to the rest....Hatshepsut, Amarna etc.....I think Frater's comments will be more of interest to you than mine ;)

All I would say is that a hypothesis based on some evidence, however tenuous, is better than one based on none :ct
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

I used to collect clam fossils while I was waiting for the balloon to land way out in the desert. One day as I stooped to pick up a fine specimen I saw a deep imprint of a foot and then a line of them. They stretched to either side of me, so I followed for a while and it was obvious that as some were deep and others quite shallow that the owner of the feet was crossing a very muddy, undulating area.

I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that I kicked the edges of one of the foot prints and it was as if carved in rock, absolutely firm.

The balloon arrived, I collected up the clam shells to show the passengers and pushed the event to the back of my mind.

On reflection I would say the size of the feet was that of a small man and he was travelling in a NNW direction away from the river and about half a mile or so from the foothills behind the Valley of the Queens.
Smile! It confuses people
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

OK, so perhaps a long time ago Hepshetsut like the GP, it was very close to the sea, as we know there was a massive clear up of sea shells from Giza.
The cliff face behind the temple also has a line of black in it, which MAY indicate the Nile ran alongside the cliff face it for a very long time pre history, depositing volcanic particles from down south into the Limestone cliff.

I too have collected seashells and volcanic "rock bubbles" from out in the desert.

So does this strengthen my theory that "perhaps" Hepshetsut is much older than we are led to believe ? and it was by the River Nile at one time in the past, or it was just above sea level and was subject to tides, so only accessible or indeed unaccessible at certain times. ?

I find Amarna fascinating due to its lack of evidence of it's existence, almost as if it were taken away stone by stone, and became an inconvenient piece of evidence that could eventually prove the real timeline of its own existence with the more convenient one we have today. could it's architecture ( possibly white limestone to reflect heat ) have been similar to that of Hepshetsut which could again strenthen the argument that something is not quite right with the timeline and as such the whole Pharaonic line ?

Who was Akenaton, Nefertiti and ( if he existed, which is what I will come to at some point ), TutAnkAmoun ? They are NOT like the others that came later on, and the others are poor imitations from what I can see.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

carrie wrote:John I haven't actually seen that head but took a load of photos one day and when I downloaded them onto my computer there the head was, must have been a trick of the light and the shadows on the cliff that I hadn't noticed. Wierd.
Wish I could post photo on here but I have tried and can't.
I could only see the head when I was there at the site.
I did photograph the location, but when you see it in a 2 dimensional photograph, it isn't there.
the head was huge, and looking carefully at the exact location, it is possible that some poor sod got the job of chiselling away at the rock face to remove it as best they could, or
it was just one of those many unexplained experiences that happen in my life. I do feel better now, knowing I am not the only one to experience this, so thanks for sharing that Carrie.

I had a similar experience one evening at karnak. We had been to the sound and light show on our first visit to Luxor, then we went to see it during the day and wander about.
As we left that place and got close to the car park, I turned around and for a brief moment saw the front of the temple in all its former glory.

I do wonder if we are missing something very obvious about Hepshetsut.....
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

What about the Docks?

I realised very quickly after visiting Egypt for the first time that Egyptology is an obsessive occupation, so carefully steered round it a much as possible while being interested in odd things that pop up. Like the docks, which were so fundamental to The West Bank, but probably because I'm not a student of Egyptology and had more to do with present day society I never hear them discussed.

If there were docks then there must have been a considerable depth of water. I know that the Nile flooded up to Memnon untll the 1950s or so and that the water came up to the bottom of Television Street until then too - according to locals who live there. It was of no great depth, and seasonal of course, but many old timers remember it.
Smile! It confuses people
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Many temples were intended to flood to some degree during the inundation, my regular driver would tell me he used to play in the water around the The Colossi of Memnon statues when he was a child and before the high dam was built. Amenhotep III temple of which the Colossi are a part was a good example of this.

As for Tuts mask being unique I would take issue with that, in 1940 a French archaeologist named Pierre Montet discovered the tomb of the Pharaoh Psusennes I who belonged to the 21 st Dynasty and ruled from the Delta region. His own coffin was of solid silver and he too had a gold death mask and you should not mistake gold as being any more valuable than silver in this context. Gold was seen as being the flesh of the gods, whereas silver was considered to be the bones of the gods, so had similar worth. Due to the troubled times in Europe it did not get the same amount of attention or recognition.

When I look at the smaller ruin to the left Hatsepsuts temple I see a similar ramp to the one you describe. Now that temple was built about 500 years before by the Pharaoh Mentuhotep and was almost certainly the inspiration for Hatshepsut’s much grander temple, so again hers is not exactly unique in design.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

When I look at the smaller ruin to the left Hatsepsuts temple I see a similar ramp to the one you describe. Now that temple was built about 500 years before by the Pharaoh Mentuhotep and was almost certainly the inspiration for Hatshepsut’s much grander temple, so again hers is not exactly unique in design.
Mmmmm. Conventional egyptology, I'm afraid. You need to dispel these "accepted" notions and think outside the box.

If Akhenaton lived a long time -8000 years? - before the conventionally accepted time, then be prepared to rewrite the entire chronology of the middle east.

Unless the Amarna letters were "fake". :tk

Come to think of it....that cuneiform writing looks suspiciously like bird tracks in the dried mud of my garden. ;)
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

I am thinking that Akenaton and company were a highly advanced form of Human being. By advanced, I mean they didnt have phasers and ray guns and super computers.
they did how ever know how to tune into the Earth's various frequencies and perform some amazing fete's. They may have had a power source that was transmittable through Granite Obelisks.
The power source was in my mind, sonic power. sonic power is much underrated, but it can bend matter and form it.
Obeleisks are giant 1250 tonne crystals and always came in pairs, and it is odd too, that when I checked on Google Earth, 2 sets of Obeleisks ( if certain countries had not nicked the twin to each pair )
do line up exactly from Hepshetsut to Karnak temple.

To the left of the Hepshetsut, there is a vast area that seems to have disappeared, but the ground work ( foundations ) still remains. This sounds similar to what happened at Amarna ?

I also believe that the Dogon tribe are related to those who occupied Amarna in its heyday, and possibly Luxor too.

This is what I mean when I speak of the "true Ancients" I do not believe that any of the Egyptians encountered by the Romans and possibly later Greeks had anything to do with the remains we see today of the wonderful "temples"
The Pre History Greeks on the other hand may well have gone to war with these people, and that was just plain stupid and I believe has left us where we are today.

PS just seen the other 2 posts form Horus and newcastle while posting this... I will read those properly in a bit. So thanks for the contributions... :up
But I do think the Amarna and Hepshetsut timeline has been deliberately corrupted. I said it was OUT by 8000 years possibly more, so we need to add that time to the timeline.
which may take us to a time closer to the great Flood, or indeed a meteorite that hit Carolina bays area about 13000 years ago ?

Also regarding time. the Romans reset the clock when they introduced Christianity, so here we are in the year 2017 today, but we know this is not the real date, its just the recorded passing of time since JC died.
Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Winged Isis »

As the Nile, like most rivers, has changed it's position more than once over million of years, buildings and natural landmarks that are now a long way away were quite likely much closer in the past, and vice versa.
Carpe diem! :le:
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

I actually have no difficulty in someone re-writing or challenging established facts or theories. What I do have a problem with is when someone just makes up a theory with little or no supporting evidence. Lots of Egyptology is built up from many disparate bits of information and would take pages of reading to appreciate the whole picture, so some things do change with each new discovery. In the absence of any tangible evidence to the contrary I do wonder why there are so many alternative theories, there is no use in just making assumptions that challenge the accepted ‘facts’ and often they are provable facts rather than just theories, without giving something tangible to support their new theory. One of Stan’s favourite reposts when he came up against a wild theory was to use Occam’s razor, which basically states Among competing hypotheses, the one with the fewest assumptions should be selected and I cannot think of a better example.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

I am thinking that Akenaton and company were a highly advanced form of Human being. By advanced, I mean they didnt have phasers and ray guns and super computers.
they did how ever know how to tune into the Earth's various frequencies and perform some amazing fete's. They may have had a power source that was transmittable through Granite Obelisks.

If that guy's not an alien....my name's not Rumpelstiltskin.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

“they did how ever know how to tune into the Earth's various frequencies and perform some amazing fete's.” sic

Did they?
So how do you know this?
What are the Earth’s various frequencies that they tuned into?
How does anyone know such frequencies even existed?
Can you give me some examples of them using these frequencies to perform an amazing feat?
What were the power sources that were transmitted by the Obelisks? (and forget Tesla, that experiment didn’t work either)
When did granite become electrically conductive?
What were they transmitting this mystery power towards?
Who used this power?
What was it used for?
I suppose because it is circular that Stonehenge is in fact a ‘ring main’?

It is not as if I am not open to a new theory, but it has to be at least plausible, it should have some basis that can be demonstrated, to just make claims that have no basis in fact is not an alternative theory.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

Arrested development. Sometimes by accident you break out of that mould.

when I was very young, by accident I realised that everything had a frequency, so something as common as grass has a form of music or repetitive frequency which you can tune into.

I'll do more tonight, as I have been encouraged by the responses so far.... which truth be told I was not expecting.. :up
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

John Landon wrote:

I'll do more tonight, as I have been encouraged by the responses so far.... which truth be told I was not expecting.. :up

Somehow Horus, I think you and I have not been expressing ourselves clearly :a8:
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Do keep on guys then us lesser mortals might learn something :wi
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

carrie wrote:Do keep on guys then us lesser mortals might learn something :wi
Take a shout cut Carrie.

PM John and he'll fill you in on perpetual motion machines and, if you're lucky, the Meaning of Life.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

The meaning of life is a dead easy one....

Life has no meaning apart from the meaning that YOU give it. 8)

perpetual motion is a difficult one, If I had solved that, right now I would be on a tropical beach sipping Rum and Coke while looking out to the sea at my multi million pound yacht...
closest I can get to perpetual motion is magnetic energy, more specifically eletro magnets. or vibrating crystals creating piezoelectric.
but then we have Ram pumps which are a sort of free energy device, all you need is a constant body of water.

In the meantime, you may find this interesting... 1000 year old Windmills in Iran... The design is thought to have been created in eastern Persia between 500-900 A.D
Think of the possibilities if we could utilise them today for todays needs., not just grinding corn.... :up
phpBB [video]
Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Winged Isis »

This just popped up in my Fb newsfeed. Not on topic as such, but about Amarna and interesting.

https://amarnaanniversary.wordpress.com/blog/
Carpe diem! :le: