Tomb kv21

Luxor is ancient Thebes and has a fascinating past. Share your knowledge or ask your questions here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Tomb kv21

Post by Frater0082 »

This tomb was found by Belzoni in the late 1800s and perfectly intact however in 89' it was completely destroyed.

I believe that there was a conspiracy going on in between times (after its discovery and the time it was destroyed) and also someone knew who those two mummies were and didn't want information on them to get out.

I feel Zahi Hawass knew something about this that's how he was probably able to add them to the DNA analysis of 2010. I mean just ask yourself how did he knew that these two women were of the Amarna Period yet related to Tut and the rest of his family?

He probably was one of the ones who destroyed the burial in the beginning. But something just is fishy about the whole scenario surrounding kv21.

A part of me feel like an ancient sect still walks this earth, but who knows.

Still I think its safe to say that the identity of these women had been known at some time but information has been lost on purpose.

Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Re: Tomb kv21

Post by Horus »

According to Zahi Hawass the DNA results showed that one of the two women was the mother of the two fetuses found in Tut's tomb and the grafiti daubed on one wall would seem to indicate that the mummies were destroyed in 1826. :tk
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

yeah but why was it destroyed makes me wonder?
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Well as Belzoni discovered it in 1817 and in 1825 it was mapped by James Burton, I can only speculate that the tomb was still easily accessible. There is a small room next to the burial chamber and it supposedly contained three intact whitewashed jars of funerary waste, so my guess would be, two mummies plus three large jars, equals tomb robbers of some description looking for hidden treasure either on the mummies or in the jars.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Frater's off on one of his flights of fancy if he thinks Hawass has been involved in any skullduggery regarding KV21. The partial destruction of the 2 mummies obviously took place around 1826 and . from Donald Ryan's work in 1989. it seems clear that nobody had been near the tomb for decades.

"In KV 21 (5) it seems that most of the damage took place after its discovery by Giovanni Belzoni in 1817. James Burton referred to the tomb as 'a clean new tomb - the water not having got into it'.(6) Such was not the case upon our reopening of this monument in 1989. The entranceway of the tomb itself was buried under many feet of flood debris. The door of the tomb had fortunately been blocked by stones, but water had nonetheless entered the tomb leaving a thin layer of fine silt in its lower reaches. Watermarks on the walls in the tomb's burial chamber indicate several centimetres of slowly evaporating standing water. The water has taken its toll on most of the artifacts found on the floor and the two mummies found inside were likewise affected.

Evidence of vandalism is clear in KV 21. The well-preserved mummies in the burial chamber, described by Belzoni, were found broken in pieces here and there in the tomb. A graffito by a certain 'ME!' was left in the tomb's small side chamber with a date of 1826. Additionally, some hefty rocks had been thrown amidst the large, whitened pots that were stored in this room, perhaps for the dubious pleasure of hearing the shatter of ancient pottery. Extensive deposits of bat guano in the tomb demonstrate that the tomb was open for some time"

https://community.plu.edu/~ryandp/Observ1.html

When the 2010 DNA survey was mooted, every effort was made to locate mummies which could conceivably be related to Tutankhamun. Some were already well-known....Amenhotep III, Yuya & Tjuyu etc. Other mummies, such as those in KV21. KV35 & KV55, although unidentified, were obvious candidates for DNA analysis.
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

We know this already...

I think you misunderstood what I was trying to convey in my post.

I'm wrote this post because I'm curious to know about the circumstances of this tomb. Why wasn't anything recored? Why was it destroyed? How did Zahi even know to include those mummies in the DNA analysis?

These are questions still left uninvestigated by Egyptologists which urged me to believe that there was indeed an ancient that was roaming around the time of this tomb's discovery. Still questions that needs to be answered.

Art castle I mean Newcastle I don't suppose you have any other details on these mummies and this time other the information that is given? Do you? I Mean you are an Egyptologists am I correct? Can you tell me a bit of what you know about the valley of the kings? And what about the Valley of the queens? Tell me what I need to know.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Let's try again Farter....slowly....

"In KV 21 (5) it seems that most of the damage took place after its discovery by Giovanni Belzoni in 1817. James Burton referred to the tomb as 'a clean new tomb - the water not having got into it'.(6)( As was often the case at that time, little was recorded concerning the tomb or its few contents). Such was not the case upon our reopening of this monument in 1989. The entranceway of the tomb itself was buried under many feet of flood debris. The door of the tomb had fortunately been blocked by stones, but water had nonetheless entered the tomb leaving a thin layer of fine silt in its lower reaches. Watermarks on the walls in the tomb's burial chamber indicate several centimetres of slowly evaporating standing water. The water has taken its toll on most of the artifacts found on the floor and the two mummies found inside were likewise affected.If there were any 'ancients' involved in the desecration since 1817, evidence of their presence is nowhere to be seen

Evidence of vandalism is clear in KV 21. The well-preserved mummies in the burial chamber, described by Belzoni, were found broken in pieces here and there in the tomb. A graffito by a certain 'ME!'(Could this refer to "Mysterious Egyptian?) was left in the tomb's small side chamber with a date of 1826. Additionally, some hefty rocks had been thrown amidst the large, whitened pots that were stored in this room, perhaps for the dubious pleasure of hearing the shatter of ancient pottery. Regrettably, the perpetrators failed to leave a note as to their identity or why they'd damaged the tomb. Extensive deposits of bat guano in the tomb demonstrate that the tomb was open for some time"

When the 2010 DNA survey was mooted, every effort was made to locate mummies which could conceivably be related to Tutankhamun. Some were already well-known....Amenhotep III, Yuya & Tjuyu etc. Other mummies, such as those in KV21. KV35 & KV55, although unidentified, were obvious candidates for DNA analysis......being that they were found in a tomb of 18th Dynasty. There were not really that many candidates in the Egyptian Museum

I do , indeed , know fair bit about the Valley of the Kings, and the Valley of the Queens, Farter. having visited both countless times, but I'm not prepared to reveal my secrets to you (well....not for free) :a12: . You'll have to wait for the blockbuster expose I'm working on :a80:
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

newcastle wrote:Let's try again Farter....slowly....
I do , indeed , know fair bit about the Valley of the Kings, and the Valley of the Queens, Farter.
What about Bab el Gasus ..? :a2:
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

A Freudian slip :?:
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Unless we stray into the realms of fantasy there is little else to say about KV21 that Newcastle and myself have not already told you about in previous posts, the mummies and jars were found intact by Belzoni, everything was recorded at the time, then many years later it was found that the tomb had been entered and some vandalism had taken place. Those are the known facts and anything else is just speculation, as to the DNA tests, quite simply any 18th dynasty tomb must be a candidate for testing to try and establish the true lineage of the Amarna period and beyond.
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

newcastle wrote:Let's try again Farter....slowly....

"In KV 21 (5) it seems that most of the damage took place after its discovery by Giovanni Belzoni in 1817. James Burton referred to the tomb as 'a clean new tomb - the water not having got into it'.(6)( As was often the case at that time, little was recorded concerning the tomb or its few contents). Such was not the case upon our reopening of this monument in 1989. The entranceway of the tomb itself was buried under many feet of flood debris. The door of the tomb had fortunately been blocked by stones, but water had nonetheless entered the tomb leaving a thin layer of fine silt in its lower reaches. Watermarks on the walls in the tomb's burial chamber indicate several centimetres of slowly evaporating standing water. The water has taken its toll on most of the artifacts found on the floor and the two mummies found inside were likewise affected.If there were any 'ancients' involved in the desecration since 1817, evidence of their presence is nowhere to be seen

Evidence of vandalism is clear in KV 21. The well-preserved mummies in the burial chamber, described by Belzoni, were found broken in pieces here and there in the tomb. A graffito by a certain 'ME!'(Could this refer to "Mysterious Egyptian?) was left in the tomb's small side chamber with a date of 1826. Additionally, some hefty rocks had been thrown amidst the large, whitened pots that were stored in this room, perhaps for the dubious pleasure of hearing the shatter of ancient pottery. Regrettably, the perpetrators failed to leave a note as to their identity or why they'd damaged the tomb. Extensive deposits of bat guano in the tomb demonstrate that the tomb was open for some time"

When the 2010 DNA survey was mooted, every effort was made to locate mummies which could conceivably be related to Tutankhamun. Some were already well-known....Amenhotep III, Yuya & Tjuyu etc. Other mummies, such as those in KV21. KV35 & KV55, although unidentified, were obvious candidates for DNA analysis......being that they were found in a tomb of 18th Dynasty. There were not really that many candidates in the Egyptian Museum

I do , indeed , know fair bit about the Valley of the Kings, and the Valley of the Queens, Farter. having visited both countless times, but I'm not prepared to reveal my secrets to you (well....not for free) :a12: . You'll have to wait for the blockbuster expose I'm working on :a80:
I will be waiting for the preview