Tut's Tomb

Luxor is ancient Thebes and has a fascinating past. Share your knowledge or ask your questions here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Re: Tut's Tomb

Post by Frater0082 »

It's so wierd to me that no one is suggesting that Smenk'are or Akhenaten(adjacent to the theory of him being the kv55 mummy) could be in these chambers.

This could even be a closed up section to another tomb already found in another tomb the possibility is endless.

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

It's a rabbit warren out the back of my place... :cool:
Ps: They gave no time for this international press call at Carter's Hse did they ?
anyhow the supply of chilled beers there went the way years ago... 'anybody know what was said ?

Hot off the presses:
phpBB [video]

" So as clear as an un-mudded lake eh? basically watch this space whilst they start digging..
NB: 'note the BG behind, thought he was going for the 'quick draw mcgraw look
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

If they are going to drill a small hole through, when anyone know? Must admit I am very intrigued.
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

My advice to them is to look for another opening else where for this alleged chambers perhaps on the opposite direction into this tomb they might can make an instance into one of the halls there.
Scottishtourist
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Scottishtourist »

newcastle wrote:As neither you nor your friends have any interest in egyptology why would anyone bother to answer your questions about Nefertiti or what's going on in Tut's tomb?

You could just have asked "will a discovery make any difference to tourism in Luxor ".

The answer to that is "NO".

Cut the crap and just come and enjoy whatever you personally get out of Egypt / Luxor .
I always assume that no-one will answer my questions newcastle.
I come to Luxor to enjoy the big plug in my back to regenerate,rejuvenate me for the hard work/winter ahead!

Can't really see what all the excitement is about.
Is it just about finding a last resting place?The fact that so far she is "undiscovered?"

I asked what will it mean to YOU?
And what will it mean to the likes of Brian,Winged Isis,etc.
There seems to be great excitement on the forum with regards to this.People are posting news reports,etc.
But all-in-all,it's just minority speak!
Won't make one iota of difference to tourism numbers in Luxor.

A wonderful discovery?
Most people are concentrating more on the rise of IS in Luxor.Modern days..not past times.
Scottishtourist
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Frater0082 wrote:It's so wierd to me that no one is suggesting that Smenk'are or Akhenaten(adjacent to the theory of him being the kv55 mummy) could be in these chambers.

This could even be a closed up section to another tomb already found in another tomb the possibility is endless.
Will it make a difference to you Frater0082?
Will it answer questions for you?

You are much maligned on this forum..but I actually respect your views and posts.
You are adamant in your opinions/past life,etc...and you never waver.

If this discovery makes you more aware and more adamant in your views,then that's a good thing.

Maybe it will answer all your questions.x
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

I remember a few years ago reading a book by if I remember correctly Bob Brier where he commented that the relief's on a certain wall did not match the original relief's on the other three walls. He took their size etc into consideration. It was first thought that Carter had been into another area and being an artist drew the relief's after making good the wall.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Just been listening to a report on BBC Radio 4, they sounded quite excited about the latest news, egg on a lot of faces if the (room) is empty or undecorated.
You never know Frater some of your questions might soon be answered. :up
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

Scottishtourist wrote:
Frater0082 wrote:It's so wierd to me that no one is suggesting that Smenk'are or Akhenaten(adjacent to the theory of him being the kv55 mummy) could be in these chambers.

Will it make a difference to you Frater0082?
Will it answer questions for you?

You are much maligned on this forum..but I actually respect your views and posts.
You are adamant in your opinions/past life,etc...and you never waver.

If this discovery makes you more aware and more adamant in your views,then that's a good thing.

Maybe it will answer all your questions.x
That's what im hoping if im wrong I have to live with it true and deed but I will never forget the things that I learned from this experience.

This topic is very important to me because it could very well cut my story into pieces. But I've been cut a trillion times over so I'm prepared for the worse here.
Scottishtourist
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Well God bless you and keep you Frater0082.

And don't ever give up on your thoughts and posts.

Your opinions are valid,your past life is fascinating.

Wish you well.x
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

carrie wrote:Just been listening to a report on BBC Radio 4, they sounded quite excited about the latest news, egg on a lot of faces if the (room) is empty or undecorated.
Im hoping that it would. I hate to bring this back up but in my past life I saw her receive the same wounds implemented on the Younger Lady. So I assumed that Nefertiti has already been found. But further evidence needs to be found. But I could be very wrong.

Another reason is that for those of us who had experience with past lives you get this ability to recognize people from your past lives.

For example the kv55 I knew by just looking at it that that was Akhenaten. The chin on both the Younger Lady mummy and Akhenaten is a dead give away on who those people are but again I could be totally wrong.

They should study the home of Amenhotep III more. I think the key to finding out about the Amarna family is from the beginning and that site must have all thr clues we need.

This is it the moment that I've been waiting for im literally sitting on the edge of my seat waiting on the answers i seek. If im right then im right but if im wrong oh well.

It would be cool to still do a DNA test though. My fingers are crossed and I've done alot of praying im hoping that this discovery offers something quite special for us all.
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

Scottishtourist wrote:Well God bless you and keep you Frater0082.

And don't ever give up on your thoughts and posts.

Your opinions are valid,your past life is fascinating.

Wish you well.x
The same to you. To all of you and thanks so much.
Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Brian Yare »

Frater0082 wrote: This could even be a closed up section to another tomb already found in another tomb the possibility is endless.
No, the 3 dimensional map of the necropolis precludes this suggestion. But there is no certainty than Nefertiti is the owner of this earlier structure.
Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Winged Isis »

carrie wrote:Just been listening to a report on BBC Radio 4, they sounded quite excited about the latest news, egg on a lot of faces if the (room) is empty or undecorated.
No, no egg on faces I think carrie, as the admissions that there's the possibility any space may be empty have been as many as those speculating on any desired contents. All bases have been covered.

Patience is a virtue.

I'm trying very hard to be virtuous, but it's sooooooo difficult, when all I feel like doing is: :cheer: !
Carpe diem! :le:
Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Winged Isis »

carrie wrote:If they are going to drill a small hole through, when anyone know? Must admit I am very intrigued.
My post above with the two links is the latest.

Intrigued? Join the queue! ;))
Carpe diem! :le:
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

carrie wrote:If they are going to drill a small hole through, when anyone know? Must admit I am very intrigued.
Officially,.........within a month.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

A-Four wrote:
Officially,.........within a month.
Lunar....solar.....or Egyptian? :tk
Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Brian Yare »

I am open to these suggestions.
Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Brian Yare »

Soon is relative - think Egyptian time.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Scottishtourist wrote:A stupid question from ST.
Please be gentle with me..and don't all jump in at once with character assassination!

In simple laymans terms please..why will the discovery of Nefertiti's mummy be so important?
Will it solve a great mystery?
Will it provide answers to questions that have been baffling Egyptologists for years?
Is her mummy a "missing link" in study of ancient Egyptian family,much like all these discoveries of ancient ancestors skeletons in caves in South Africa,etc?

Or will it merely be a discovery that will encourage tourism to the area,and by doing so thrust Luxor back into the world's spotlight?

It's a serious question.
What will the discovery of Nefertiti's final resting place mean for you?
What this discovery should do is give a few answers to a number of very serious questions, and certainly burial problems, which have never really been studied. We certainly know that this was not the original tomb of Tutankhamen, for various reasons. The death mask only has his name in one position, the opposite side shows clear signs of erasure. There are many other things about this tomb that give a clear indication that things are not right, be it the mish mash of its contents, or the actual size of the tomb.

Perhaps the most important initial indication that there may be a separate burial within K.V. 62 is given by the two life size wooden guardian statues. These were used to protect the tomb from would be robbers. They were always placed either side of the enterance of a burial chamber. Most people do not notice but, they were carved so that the face and eyes were carved inward, so that their faces and eyes would meet the face of any intruder. Therefore, there is a left statue and a right statue. BOTH those in Tutankhamen's tomb are LEFT statues.

I suspect when they start their work, the West wall will reveal a tunnel, where at the end will discover two guardian statues to match the ones already in Cairo. I've often wondered if this was what first enlightened Reeves to his initial theory.

Your main question here though ST is, will this encourage tourist back to Luxor, that answer is quite simple, it did not when the tomb was first discovered, so why should it now. If Egypt handles the publicity correctly, it should however encourage tourist to visit Egypt, which will include Luxor.