Halloween Party...

Luxor is ancient Thebes and has a fascinating past. Share your knowledge or ask your questions here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Halloween Party...

Post by Who2 »

I have been invited to a halloween party the theme being Cuba, in I am happy to say The old sessions house on Clerkenwell Green.
This was also until recently owned by The Masons and had previously wondered around it a few times before at various functions.
Three times in my life having refused the brotherhoods handshake...The Free Mason Motto is: "Better men make a better world."
So the host tells me It is going to become a private members club with a pool up on the second floor and open roofed smoking rooms.
Anyhow, I'm going as our 'Man in Havana http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054152/?ref_=nv_sr_1
As I already posses white linen shirts, white linen slacks and went off to Seven Dials to buy a white linen jacket yesterday.
The Vintage Showroom. http://www.thevintageshowroom.com he knocked £60 quid off as it had a stain on it I bunged it in the washing machine took it out and the seem in the arm had frayed apart, today back to the shop expecting to remonstrate with them, nice as pie they apologised said the label dry clean only had fell off and gave me another one at the same price as the first.
"Love London love Life"….. :cool:

"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Re: Halloween Party...

Post by Who2 »

Ps: It hasn't been a Sessions House for years but they used to be really busy with all the local rabble, cutthroats,pickpockets et al, they even had 2 prisons in Clerkenwell, I met a mate who said 'he's writing a book about Jack Shepherd who escaped three times and the Thief Taker General Jonathan Wild.
Clerkenwell Green is where Fagin and the Artful Dodger induct Oliver into pickpocketing amongst shoppers in the busy market
We used to hold raves here in here The House of Detention all underground cells.
"Non multus of populus teneo ut"….. :cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Re: Halloween Party...

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Sounds fascinating.........do tell more!! :up :up :up