Major New Discovery in Valley of the Kings

Luxor is ancient Thebes and has a fascinating past. Share your knowledge or ask your questions here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

User avatar
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Posts: 4325
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:46 am
Location: luxor
Has thanked: 2774 times
Been thanked: 5359 times
United Kingdom

Re: Major New Discovery in Valley of the Kings

Post by carrie » Mon May 19, 2014 6:44 pm

Not well up with all this Pharonic stuff, can anyone send me a link to where I can get a list of all the Pharohs and their dates of birth, death and length of reign.
Fraters posts confound me but to give him credit it has caused me to look further into Pharonic history.



newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Posts: 7006
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:49 am
Has thanked: 2028 times
Been thanked: 5923 times
Egypt

Re: Major New Discovery in Valley of the Kings

Post by newcastle » Mon May 19, 2014 6:47 pm

Frater.....you said :

"When I return and entered that palace I saw Seti on the throne probably acted as Co-regent to his father sitting next to Tuya. Seti did had an older son before Rammese but he died before he reached the age of ten. Seti was wearing the blue Khepresh crown when Ramses was born so indefinitely he was born within the reign of Seti I."

Seti I reigned for, at most, 15 years. Most evidence actually supports a somewhat shorter reign of around 11 years. In either case, how could Ramesses, "born within the reign of Seti I" (you say) have immediately succeeded his father as pharoah. Or are you going to invent an otherwise unheard of regency?

User avatar
Yildez
Top Member
Top Member
Posts: 753
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:59 am
Location: Datca, Turkey
Has thanked: 5285 times
Been thanked: 863 times
Gender:
Turkey

Re: Major New Discovery in Valley of the Kings

Post by Yildez » Mon May 19, 2014 7:06 pm

carrie wrote:Not well up with all this Pharonic stuff, can anyone send me a link to where I can get a list of all the Pharohs and their dates of birth, death and length of reign.
Fraters posts confound me but to give him credit it has caused me to look further into Pharonic history.
Carrie, have a root round in my stuff - you'll find a couple of books that should give you a starting point. The one about Luxor has the lists you need as well as a good outline of dynastic history. If you can bring yourself to enter the digital age (ha ha!) I can send you some excellent, easy to read books for your Kindle!!!

User avatar
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Posts: 4325
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:46 am
Location: luxor
Has thanked: 2774 times
Been thanked: 5359 times
United Kingdom

Re: Major New Discovery in Valley of the Kings

Post by carrie » Mon May 19, 2014 7:32 pm

Thanks I will, wait till you get back you will be sorry astounding you with my knowledge. We are definately off to Armana.

Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member
Posts: 828
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:56 pm
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 181 times
Gender:
United States of America

Re: Major New Discovery in Valley of the Kings

Post by Frater0082 » Mon May 19, 2014 7:57 pm

newcastle wrote:Frater.....you said :

"When I return and entered that palace I saw Seti on the throne probably acted as Co-regent to his father sitting next to Tuya. Seti did had an older son before Rammese but he died before he reached the age of ten. Seti was wearing the blue Khepresh crown when Ramses was born so indefinitely he was born within the reign of Seti I."

Seti I reigned for, at most, 15 years. Most evidence actually supports a somewhat shorter reign of around 11 years. In either case, how could Ramesses, "born within the reign of Seti I" (you say) have immediately succeeded his father as pharaoh. Or are you going to invent an otherwise unheard of regency?
You are not even listening to me. I'm not inventing anything, I saw what I saw that's that. And his father was very much alive when i return to Egypt. And yes there is evidence of Seti's co-regency, just look at his father's reign that obviously gives one the hint that the Ramses I was ill in his last two years on Earth. So he would've had help and he did( his son and his wife).

There is not even any archaeological evidence that Ramses II was ever around when his grandfather was alive, if so, please point it out to me( to prove me wrong). May I add there is no archaeological evidence of Ramses in the first part of his father's reign. Ramses II could have been born within year 4 or 3 of his father's reign. The only person who would be heading towards 20 by the end of Seti's reign would be his second child Tia. Henutmire and Ramses would be in their mid-teens which they were.


Proof of this comes from Seti's own mummy which had been stated to been LESS THAN 40 years old when he died. This means that his kids would have been in their early to mid teens.

If Ramses came to throne at 23 years old then who the heck was reigning for the other twelve years it doesn't fit

Again, i'm not inventing anything nothing, nada, zero, why in the world would anyone come out of the blew with such a claim like this please tell me why? The problem is that it doesn't match up with what you believe is actual facts when they are just assumptions and DATED THEORIES.

Three Kings; Tut, Ay, and Horemheb no sons

Surely if Horemheb reigned for as long as you people say he did, he would have had at least one child but there was none.

Let me point this out, that you people are the same ones who said that Horemheb reigned for 59, then 27 years, and now 14 years. Its obvious that none of you know how long this guy actually reigned. As of his accomplishments, he did little, surely a king who reigned for over a decade would have a number of accomplishments. Most of his accomplishments comes from when he served as General as Tutankhamun. No sort of major changes when on in this guys reign

Compared to Seti, he did little, Seti had a number of monuments built, plus a completely finished tomb. Horemheb, however did not. One has to really wonder what Horemheb was doing his entire time on the throne.

And why did it took so long to fix the errors that Akhenaten so called made. Why well because the Ramesside period and The Amarna Period is very much linked I think the Rammesides distant themselves from their predecessor's.

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Posts: 7006
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:49 am
Has thanked: 2028 times
Been thanked: 5923 times
Egypt

Re: Major New Discovery in Valley of the Kings

Post by newcastle » Mon May 19, 2014 8:06 pm

Frater0082 wrote:
newcastle wrote:Frater.....you said :

"When I return and entered that palace I saw Seti on the throne probably acted as Co-regent to his father sitting next to Tuya. Seti did had an older son before Rammese but he died before he reached the age of ten. Seti was wearing the blue Khepresh crown when Ramses was born so indefinitely he was born within the reign of Seti I."

Seti I reigned for, at most, 15 years. Most evidence actually supports a somewhat shorter reign of around 11 years. In either case, how could Ramesses, "born within the reign of Seti I" (you say) have immediately succeeded his father as pharaoh. Or are you going to invent an otherwise unheard of regency?
You are not even listening to me. I'm not inventing anything, I saw what I saw that's that. And his father was very much alive when i return to Egypt. And yes there is evidence of Seti's co-regency, just look at his father's reign that obviously gives one the hint that the Ramses I was ill in his last two years on Earth. So he would've had help and he did( his son and his wife).

There is not even any archaeological evidence that Ramses II was ever around when his grandfather was alive, if so, please point it out to me( to prove me wrong). May I add there is no archaeological evidence of Ramses in the first part of his father's reign. Ramses II could have been born within year 4 or 3 of his father's reign. The only person who would be heading towards 20 by the end of Seti's reign would be his second child Tia. Henutmire and Ramses would be in their mid-teens which they were.


Proof of this comes from Seti's own mummy which had been stated to been LESS THAN 40 years old when he died. This means that his kids would have been in their early to mid teens.

If Ramses came to throne at 23 years old then who the heck was reigning for the other twelve years it doesn't fit

Again, i'm not inventing anything nothing, nada, zero, why in the world would anyone come out of the blew with such a claim like this please tell me why? The problem is that it doesn't match up with what you believe is actual facts when they are just assumptions and DATED THEORIES.

Three Kings; Tut, Ay, and Horemheb no sons

Surely if Horemheb reigned for as long as you people say he did, he would have had at least one child but there was none.

Let me point this out, that you people are the same ones who said that Horemheb reigned for 59, then 27 years, and now 14 years. Its obvious that none of you know how long this guy actually reigned. As of his accomplishments, he did little, surely a king who reigned for over a decade would have a number of accomplishments. Most of his accomplishments comes from when he served as General as Tutankhamun. No sort of major changes when on in this guys reign

Compared to Seti, he did little, Seti had a number of monuments built, plus a completely finished tomb. Horemheb, however did not. One has to really wonder what Horemheb was doing his entire time on the throne.

And why did it took so long to fix the errors that Akhenaten so called made. Why well because the Ramesside period and The Amarna Period is very much linked I think the Rammesides distant themselves from their predecessor's.
Sorry Frater but you're just so wrong here....it would bore people to death to point out all the contradictions in your story but just focus on one :-

Seti reigned for no more than 15 years...FACT

Ramesses II succeeded him aged at least 16 & probably a bit older....FACT

Ergo Ramesses II was born BEFORE Seti I ascended throne.

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Posts: 7006
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:49 am
Has thanked: 2028 times
Been thanked: 5923 times
Egypt

Re: Major New Discovery in Valley of the Kings

Post by newcastle » Mon May 19, 2014 8:11 pm

carrie wrote:Thanks I will, wait till you get back you will be sorry astounding you with my knowledge. We are definately off to Armana.
Carrie...I can recommend Aidan Dodson' excellent "Amarna Sunset" (AUC Press). A well researched Egyptolgist's appraisal of the events of the Amarna perood...and much more interesting than anyone's "dream sequence" :wi

User avatar
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Posts: 4325
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:46 am
Location: luxor
Has thanked: 2774 times
Been thanked: 5359 times
United Kingdom

Re: Major New Discovery in Valley of the Kings

Post by carrie » Mon May 19, 2014 8:21 pm

Thank you Newcastle, now looking at one of Zildez's books, I think this is where I am getting confused, I have King Tut followed by Ay, Haremhab, Ramesses 1 then Sethos, then Ram 11, is Sethos Seti?

Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member
Posts: 828
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:56 pm
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 181 times
Gender:
United States of America

Re: Major New Discovery in Valley of the Kings

Post by Frater0082 » Mon May 19, 2014 8:23 pm

carrie wrote:Thank you Newcastle, now looking at one of Zildez's books, I think this is where I am getting confused, I have King Tut followed by Ay, Haremhab, Ramesses 1 then Sethos, then Ram 11, is Sethos Seti?
Yes he is

Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member
Posts: 828
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:56 pm
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 181 times
Gender:
United States of America

Re: Major New Discovery in Valley of the Kings

Post by Frater0082 » Mon May 19, 2014 8:33 pm

newcastle wrote:
Frater0082 wrote:
newcastle wrote:Frater.....you said :

"When I return and entered that palace I saw Seti on the throne probably acted as Co-regent to his father sitting next to Tuya. Seti did had an older son before Rammese but he died before he reached the age of ten. Seti was wearing the blue Khepresh crown when Ramses was born so indefinitely he was born within the reign of Seti I."

Seti I reigned for, at most, 15 years. Most evidence actually supports a somewhat shorter reign of around 11 years. In either case, how could Ramesses, "born within the reign of Seti I" (you say) have immediately succeeded his father as pharaoh. Or are you going to invent an otherwise unheard of regency?
You are not even listening to me. I'm not inventing anything, I saw what I saw that's that. And his father was very much alive when i return to Egypt. And yes there is evidence of Seti's co-regency, just look at his father's reign that obviously gives one the hint that the Ramses I was ill in his last two years on Earth. So he would've had help and he did( his son and his wife).

There is not even any archaeological evidence that Ramses II was ever around when his grandfather was alive, if so, please point it out to me( to prove me wrong). May I add there is no archaeological evidence of Ramses in the first part of his father's reign. Ramses II could have been born within year 4 or 3 of his father's reign. The only person who would be heading towards 20 by the end of Seti's reign would be his second child Tia. Henutmire and Ramses would be in their mid-teens which they were.


Proof of this comes from Seti's own mummy which had been stated to been LESS THAN 40 years old when he died. This means that his kids would have been in their early to mid teens.

If Ramses came to throne at 23 years old then who the heck was reigning for the other twelve years it doesn't fit

Again, i'm not inventing anything nothing, nada, zero, why in the world would anyone come out of the blew with such a claim like this please tell me why? The problem is that it doesn't match up with what you believe is actual facts when they are just assumptions and DATED THEORIES.

Three Kings; Tut, Ay, and Horemheb no sons

Surely if Horemheb reigned for as long as you people say he did, he would have had at least one child but there was none.

Let me point this out, that you people are the same ones who said that Horemheb reigned for 59, then 27 years, and now 14 years. Its obvious that none of you know how long this guy actually reigned. As of his accomplishments, he did little, surely a king who reigned for over a decade would have a number of accomplishments. Most of his accomplishments comes from when he served as General as Tutankhamun. No sort of major changes when on in this guys reign

Compared to Seti, he did little, Seti had a number of monuments built, plus a completely finished tomb. Horemheb, however did not. One has to really wonder what Horemheb was doing his entire time on the throne.

And why did it took so long to fix the errors that Akhenaten so called made. Why well because the Ramesside period and The Amarna Period is very much linked I think the Rammesides distant themselves from their predecessor's.
Sorry Frater but you're just so wrong here....it would bore people to death to point out all the contradictions in your story but just focus on one :-

Seti reigned for no more than 15 years...FACT

Ramesses II succeeded him aged at least 16 & probably a bit older....FACT

Ergo Ramesses II was born BEFORE Seti I ascended throne.
I JUST SAID MOST OF WHAT YOU JUST SAID (PAY ATTENTION!)

NO ! Ramses II was not born before Seti's reign, the other son was, RAMSES CAME AFTER.

I was there at the coronation ceremony the eldest son was around not Ramses II.

Like i said( if you were paying attention) Seti's mummy was less than 40 years old which would have made Ramses in his early to mid teens(THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I SAID) no Contradictions no nothing( i said it). Gosh its like i'm going in a circle


Somebody please point to me where is the evidence that Ramses was born before Seti's official rule. Give me a block or stone or something that shows Ramses II under the reign of Ramses I better yet show me evidence that Ramses was attested in the early part of Seti's reign?

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Posts: 7006
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:49 am
Has thanked: 2028 times
Been thanked: 5923 times
Egypt

Re: Major New Discovery in Valley of the Kings

Post by newcastle » Mon May 19, 2014 8:35 pm

carrie wrote:Thank you Newcastle, now looking at one of Zildez's books, I think this is where I am getting confused, I have King Tut followed by Ay, Haremhab, Ramesses 1 then Sethos, then Ram 11, is Sethos Seti?
Sethos is the Greek form of Seti (which is how modern egyptologists pronounce the hieroglyphs of his name). When you read about the pharoahs you'll find at least two - often several - names for the same guy. Can be confusing Carrie :lol:

User avatar
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Posts: 2509
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: Leicester
Has thanked: 1286 times
Been thanked: 1749 times
Gender:
United Kingdom

Re: Major New Discovery in Valley of the Kings

Post by Zooropa » Mon May 19, 2014 9:09 pm

I wish more people were as searching and as sceptical over religious belief as they are Frater's story.

There is the same amount of evidence to support any major religion as there is Frater's story.

None whatsoever.

There is a mighty mismatch when it comes to respecting the relative beliefs of both.

Some people have not got bored of the pontification of religion every year of their life yet some seem to have got bored of Frater's story after a few months.

Funny old world.
Last edited by Zooropa on Mon May 19, 2014 9:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Posts: 2509
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: Leicester
Has thanked: 1286 times
Been thanked: 1749 times
Gender:
United Kingdom

Re: Major New Discovery in Valley of the Kings

Post by Zooropa » Mon May 19, 2014 9:15 pm

carrie wrote:Not well up with all this Pharonic stuff, can anyone send me a link to where I can get a list of all the Pharohs and their dates of birth, death and length of reign.
Fraters posts confound me but to give him credit it has caused me to look further into Pharonic history.
Carrie, I bought a book several years ago that does just what you are asking - im reading it for the sixth time.

I can highly recommend it.



Chronicle Of The Pharaohs by Peter A Clayton

Have not seen a kindle version though - although im a techno geek I just love the book format too much!

Its an excellent read.

User avatar
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Posts: 4325
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:46 am
Location: luxor
Has thanked: 2774 times
Been thanked: 5359 times
United Kingdom

Re: Major New Discovery in Valley of the Kings

Post by carrie » Mon May 19, 2014 9:45 pm

Thank goodness for that Zooropa, will you please speak to Yildez, she is dying to get me to use my kindle that is now two years old and shoved in a drawer never to see the light of day.

Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member
Posts: 828
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:56 pm
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 181 times
Gender:
United States of America

Re: Major New Discovery in Valley of the Kings

Post by Frater0082 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:10 pm

So is there any new info from the find in KV40?

Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member
Posts: 828
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:56 pm
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 181 times
Gender:
United States of America

Re: Major New Discovery in Valley of the Kings

Post by Frater0082 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:06 pm

Hey so what's the T on this tomb is there any more news on this tomb.

User avatar
Kevininabydos
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:13 pm
Location: Kernow near England.
Has thanked: 42 times
Been thanked: 126 times
Gender:
Palestine

Re: Major New Discovery in Valley of the Kings

Post by Kevininabydos » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:38 pm

There seems to be some miss information here.

1] Seti l [Sethos l in Greek] is generally accepted to have reigned 1290 - 1279 BCE - about 12 years

2] His consort/Queen was Tuya

3] He had 3 possibly 4 children, Tia, Ramesses, Henutmire and Thutmose [there is conflicting evidence for Thutmose]


4] There is posthumous evidence of a co-regency from year 9 of Seti reign with Ramesses but it is conflicting

Around Year 9 of his reign, Seti appointed his son Ramesses II as the crown prince and his chosen successor, but the evidence for a coregency between the two kings is likely illusory. Peter J. Brand who has published an extensive biography on this pharaoh and his numerous works, stresses in his thesis that relief decorations at various temple sites at Karnak, Qurna and Abydos, which associate Ramesses II with Seti I, were actually carved after Seti's death by Ramesses II himself and, hence, cannot be used as source material to support a co-regency between the two monarchs. In addition, the late William Murnane, who first endorsed the theory of a co-regency between Seti I and Ramesses II, later revised his view of the proposed co-regency and rejected the idea that Ramesses II had begun to count his own regnal years while Seti I was still alive. Finally, Kenneth Kitchen rejects the term co-regency to describe the relationship between Seti I and Ramesses II; he describes the earliest phase of Ramesses II's career as a "prince regency" where the young Ramesses enjoyed all the trappings of royalty including the use of a royal titulary and harem but did not count his regnal years until after his father's death. This is due to the fact that the evidence for a co-regency between the two kings is vague and highly ambiguous. Two important inscriptions from the first decade of Ramesses' reign, namely the Abydos Dedicatory Inscription and the Kuban Stela of Ramesses II, consistently give the latter titles associated with those of a crown prince only, namely the "king's eldest son and hereditary prince" or "child-heir" to the throne "along with some military titles"
“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”

Marcus Aurelius

User avatar
Kevininabydos
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:13 pm
Location: Kernow near England.
Has thanked: 42 times
Been thanked: 126 times
Gender:
Palestine

Re: Major New Discovery in Valley of the Kings

Post by Kevininabydos » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:50 pm

As for information on KV40

This is not a new discovery it was first discovered and excavated by Victor Loret in 1899. No report was ever published though.
It has been looted many times and little remains.

The 2014 excavations did turn up the remains of some 50 minor royal mummies along with fragments of funerary equipment, such as wooden and cartonnage coffins or textiles. Based on inscriptions on storage jars, egyptologists identified more than thirty people.
The royal titles indicated that the mummies were members of the 18th dynasty families of Thutmosis IV and Amenhotep III. The analysis of the hieratic inscriptions point to at least eight hitherto unknown royal princesses, four princes, and several foreign women, mostly adults. Mummified children have also been found.
“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”

Marcus Aurelius

Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member
Posts: 828
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:56 pm
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 181 times
Gender:
United States of America

Re: Major New Discovery in Valley of the Kings

Post by Frater0082 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:19 pm

Kevininabydos wrote:There seems to be some miss information here.

1] Seti l [Sethos l in Greek] is generally accepted to have reigned 1290 - 1279 BCE - about 12 years

2] His consort/Queen was Tuya

3] He had 3 possibly 4 children, Tia, Ramesses, Henutmire and Thutmose [there is conflicting evidence for Thutmose]


4] There is posthumous evidence of a co-regency from year 9 of Seti reign with Ramesses but it is conflicting

Around Year 9 of his reign, Seti appointed his son Ramesses II as the crown prince and his chosen successor, but the evidence for a coregency between the two kings is likely illusory. Peter J. Brand who has published an extensive biography on this pharaoh and his numerous works, stresses in his thesis that relief decorations at various temple sites at Karnak, Qurna and Abydos, which associate Ramesses II with Seti I, were actually carved after Seti's death by Ramesses II himself and, hence, cannot be used as source material to support a co-regency between the two monarchs. In addition, the late William Murnane, who first endorsed the theory of a co-regency between Seti I and Ramesses II, later revised his view of the proposed co-regency and rejected the idea that Ramesses II had begun to count his own regnal years while Seti I was still alive. Finally, Kenneth Kitchen rejects the term co-regency to describe the relationship between Seti I and Ramesses II; he describes the earliest phase of Ramesses II's career as a "prince regency" where the young Ramesses enjoyed all the trappings of royalty including the use of a royal titulary and harem but did not count his regnal years until after his father's death. This is due to the fact that the evidence for a co-regency between the two kings is vague and highly ambiguous. Two important inscriptions from the first decade of Ramesses' reign, namely the Abydos Dedicatory Inscription and the Kuban Stela of Ramesses II, consistently give the latter titles associated with those of a crown prince only, namely the "king's eldest son and hereditary prince" or "child-heir" to the throne "along with some military titles"
Ohm, No its not its just that the information that I put on here isn't in the history books and to you probably irrelevant. So it probably wouldn't matter to you and just like half of the site you probably would think that i'm crazy. If you don't know who I am, I'm Frater0082, i'm the one who came here telling everyone that I wrote a book about an experience I had which led me to believe that I was once Hung Foot aka Amenhotep V the youngest child of Kiya and Akhenaten.

I went on for the past year trying to tell people my story about my past life and the things that actually occurred in that timeline. Yeah, I know laugh at me taunt me I get that alot. Still, however you think of me, it was my experience that re-opened me up to the world of Ancient Egypt. It may be one of my future professions to be an Egyptologists, but I wouldn't count on it I might not be good in that area so I just leave it be. That part of me will always be apart of my life whether I be right or wrong, its there. I just thought that there would be new info on this location that's all.

I will say that on the day Tuya arrived back in town(Abydos) from Cairo did lift that newborn baby up and said that he was the new prince of Egypt. I don't know if that legitimized his claims or what but that part happened. I was there when his first son died and at the funeral ceremony. the boy was about seven or six when he died under some unknown circumstances

the room was so crowded with Priests, relatives and servants and plus it was very smokey

Ramses II was a spoiled just like his mother and he wasn't really intended to be the next King of Egypt it was a Thutmosid, an Amenhotep, as the Thutmosid rule of ascension went but he was the only one available. Its a good thing that Ramses II became king because we probably wouldn't have known about his father, who was a great man in his right and a hell of a kisser(laughter) aah his lips...memories of a forgotten time.

User avatar
Kevininabydos
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:13 pm
Location: Kernow near England.
Has thanked: 42 times
Been thanked: 126 times
Gender:
Palestine

Re: Major New Discovery in Valley of the Kings

Post by Kevininabydos » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:41 pm

you do talk the biggest load of twaddle!

" Tuya arrived back in town(Abydos) from Cairo"

Cairo was first settled by the Romans who established a fortress on the virgin site during the 4th century which then became a Coptic monastery in the latter part of the 4th century before the city proper was founded in AD 969.

There was no Amenhotep V - to have been the fifth of that name would imply having been king.

It is possible there were other children of Seti l but there is no evidence to support this - and scant evidence for there even being 4 children by his Consort/Queen Tuya. As for progeny of Amenhotep lV, as far as I am aware there is only one surviving depiction of a possible son and that is in an anti-chamber of his tomb at Tel Amarna - again that depiction is open to interpretation.

With or without Ramesses ll, his father Seti l would still be remembered not only for the largest and most beautifully decorated tomb in KV but also for his many monuments through out modern Egypt!
“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”

Marcus Aurelius

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
  • Secrets of Egypt's Valley of the Kings
    by FarleyFlavors » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:18 pm » in Music - Movies - Entertainment
    23 Replies
    882 Views
    Last post by A-Four
    Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:46 pm
  • Valley of Kings reopens after police protest
    by DJKeefy » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:35 am » in Visiting Luxor
    52 Replies
    572 Views
    Last post by Bearded Brian
    Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:45 pm
  • Mummy of Tutankhamun to Remain in Valley of the Kings
    by Winged Isis » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:00 pm » in Visiting Luxor
    4 Replies
    104 Views
    Last post by Bullet Magnet
    Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:14 am
  • Researchers discover anomalies in Egypt’s Valley of the Kings
    by Winged Isis » Fri May 10, 2019 10:57 am » in History and Archaeology
    1 Replies
    318 Views
    Last post by A-Four
    Sat May 11, 2019 4:06 pm
  • New discovery in the Western Valley
    by Horus » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:21 am » in News and Sport
    3 Replies
    146 Views
    Last post by newcastle
    Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:37 am