World-famous Egyptologist Zahi Hawass under investigation

Luxor is ancient Thebes and has a fascinating past. Share your knowledge or ask your questions here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Re: World-famous Egyptologist Zahi Hawass under investigatio

Post by Frater0082 »

HiYou totally lost me.

But anways back to Exodus. In the beginning of the Bible it states pharaoh made the hebrews built Pi-Ramses. Before Ramse came to be the Hebrews were already here and Pi-Ramses served as a summer place for Seti and was founded by Ramses I.

I think the biblical records are accurate but it should be placed before the tine of Ramses II it should be dated to the time of his father and grandfather and the time alittle before and during thier early reigns. My assumption come from these facts

The Shasu if Yahweh being captured by Seti I. This is the first time that we here reference of early Israelites

Seti losing his first born son. The boy was about 7 to 8sh we he died.

I think the biblical account is actually shorter than expected and for some strange reason I think they based the dating off the 400 year stela.

No I didn't see Moses I think he came before.

Its true as they say Pharoah had a hardened heart

Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

Something happened together Seti that may have made him so paranoid. One late night two unknown warriors came to capture him. The next day the king was put in an arena where I believe he was to be put to death. Luckily for him his father or whoever came to his rescue. I know for a fact that that terrified him. Imagine someone coming in the middle of the night and snatching out of the arms of your wife you would be horrified. Even though Im not sure what this has to do with the Early part of the Bible but perhaps his captures were Semitic.

The could've taken Tuya instead she was so mean. Oh my God, would they have made my day back then i probably wouldn't have cared if they did. But if it wasn't for her screaming Seti would've been a gonner and I wouldn't be here telling all this.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Wood and the trees, you seemed to have lost the plot on this thread talking about ruddy moses et al, when we were discussing an upfront in your face thief, not unlike the pickpocket on another thread who has more skill and integrity than the cat in the hat.... :cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

That is the problem with using natural materials such as stone, it cant be dated.
We dont realise all the properties of certain natural materials like we used to, but there is a reason why 2 different types of Stone was used in the construction of the Pyramid externals. But that is another story...

So all this "when and where" is difficult to put into an exact timeline regarding Egypt.
Akenhaton must have thrown the proverbial spanner into the works regarding modern Egyptology, so they made him fit in with what they thought they knew about Egypt... Hence the "Secret Son" of Amenhotep III story..
Fact is, Society cannot change that fast, location, measurements, religion, building style, art, all changed overnight relatively speaking, and then changed back again to how it was.

I don't envy you Frater', having to try to piece all of your story together and make it fit into what we have been told about Ancient Egypt.
All this vandalism and defacement around the sites in Egypt was by design.

I think you will have to present your full story in a chronological order, then somehow make it fit with what we currently know, or challenge what is currently known about the when and where's, and that wont go down well, after all, the system and all of its components cant be wrong.. Can it ?
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

I can't explain this more than I already have
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

But not confuse you all I was talking about my perspective of the story of exodus not my actual story.

But either or I can't explain
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

newcastle wrote:
Frater0082 wrote:Again the dating is all weverythingas much as I hate to admit it but Seti may have been the pharoah in the beginning of exodus. The Shasu of Yahweh (the Hebrews) were a wandering group of people and were snatched up when Seti invaded the area perhaps before his reign.
Chasing straws (again) Frater? No-one's managed to find one iota of archaeological evidence that there WAS an exodus. It's a story in a book. Seti I (& Seti II) were real though.
Oh course your not going to find any evidence of the Exodus not everything is written down on the walls of the tombs some things were kept at a hush like the secret chamber, the rest of the Amarna story and many other things.

It my belief that the biblical dates are a bit farfetched just as archeological dating. "Its basically logical guesses.

One thing that can't be ignored is the Shasu of Yahweh. Yahweh being the God I f the Hebrews this is tge first time in the historical record s that we heard of Yahweh and I think that counts for something.
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Of course, after the Exodus, they want to go back to Egypt... Read Jerimiah 41 : 16 "Flight TO Egypt"
Although it gets interesting before that, at Jerimiah 40: Babylon and all that..
Makes you wonder about these "God's" they are talking about, doesn't it.. :tk

Truth being stranger than fiction.. :cool:
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

Who knows

But for some reason I think maybe the dating is based from the 400 year stela
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

To get back on topic did Hawass ever serve the 12 months sentence?
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

I think he went to the good ol US of A' Carrie, and waited for the dust to settle..
I believe that back in late 2011 ? he was accosted by locals outside his office, managed to jump into a taxi, and that was the moment of realisation for him...
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

carrie wrote:To get back on topic did Hawass ever serve the 12 months sentence?
As if :lol:

The case was dismissed on appeal
Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

No, because the day before he went back to court, he implemented the first court ruling that he had ignored and which was the reason he got the 12 months sentence in the second court ruling.
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

People one day will understand why we have laws and a judicial system, and when you do fully understand, you will realise that it has nothing to do with the protection or benefit of the common people... :cool:

Me, I am a believer in ONLY common law.

1. You don't kill anyone,
2. you don't hurt anyone
3. you don't take an individuals property

or simplify that down to one rule for all.

Treat everyone the way you wish to be treated...

In civil law, TRUST NO ONE.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

So he fullfilled the first court ruling over the land dispute, if I understand correctly. I just wondered because Nigella Lawson after her recent court case was refused entry to the USA because she had admitted in court taking drugs, although not charged with this the American Official who had denied her access said anyone with a criminal record anywhere through out the world would henceforth be denied access to the USA. I knew the 'honourable egyptologist' had been in the US lately and wondered why the ruling didn't apply to him. I know a land dispute is not classed necessarily as criminal but if he was sentenced to a prison term then surely it would apply.
But all becomes clear now he paid the court off.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

carrie wrote: But all becomes clear now he paid the court off.
Maybe.. :tk But you will find that the Judicial system looks after certain groups of people, certain people can get away with certain things.
A lot depends on which University you are from, and your profession... I wish I could say more, but it takes too long to explain..

Banksy is right about "Justice". So am I.
Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

Well, it had advanced a little more than that article implies. He not only had continued the "bidding" after the court ordered him not to do so but allowed the new shop to open. He implemented the court order at the last minute by cancelling the contract and vacating the premises of the shop. There never was any land dispute.

For the full details of the background of the case, read this:
http://web.archive.org/web/201207190532 ... -gift-shop

These kinds of cases happen all the time: some government official doesn't implement a court order and then someone sues the official and they get sentenced to a year in jail, but before the final court date to send them to jail they implement the ruling and then the punishment vanishes. No one ever goes to prison in these sorts of cases because they always have the option to implement the order.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Glyphdoctor wrote:Well, it had advanced a little more than that article implies. He not only had continued the "bidding" after the court ordered him not to do so but allowed the new shop to open. He implemented the court order at the last minute by cancelling the contract and vacating the premises of the shop. There never was any land dispute.

For the full details of the background of the case, read this:
http://web.archive.org/web/201207190532 ... -gift-shop

These kinds of cases happen all the time: some government official doesn't implement a court order and then someone sues the official and they get sentenced to a year in jail, but before the final court date to send them to jail they implement the ruling and then the punishment vanishes. No one ever goes to prison in these sorts of cases because they always have the option to implement the order.
Fascinating....not just for the workings of the law but the degree of machinations in high places. The exchange of comments at the end is equally illuminating :wi
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Bullet Magnet wrote:I think he went to the good ol US of A' Carrie, and waited for the dust to settle..
I believe that back in late 2011 ? he was accosted by locals outside his office, managed to jump into a taxi, and that was the moment of realisation for him...
... as he was asked to pay...
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.