Calls to Destroy Egypt's Great Pyramids Begin

Luxor is ancient Thebes and has a fascinating past. Share your knowledge or ask your questions here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Calls to Destroy Egypt's Great Pyramids Begin

Post by Who2 »

Fox News or The Sun, nothing like the fear factor to stimulate one readership.....:cool:
http://www.raymondibrahim.com/11973/cal ... mids-begin

"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Jane Akshar

Re: Calls to Destroy Egypt's Great Pyramids Begin

Post by Jane Akshar »

Irresponsible reporting George, it is a hoax as reported here http://thedailynewsegypt.com/2012/07/11 ... -pyramids/
Jane Akshar - mad about egyptology -sane otherwise ....... I think
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

I wasn't that interested more interested in: "Now, however, as Bahrain's "Sheikh of Sheikhs" observes, and thanks to modern technology, the pyramids can be destroyed. The only question left is whether Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood president is "pious" enough—if he is willing to complete the Islamization process that started under the hands of Egypt's first Islamic conqueror.
Unlike the Sheikh of Sheikhs hopefully he isn't that stupid...:cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Funny how opressive leaders feel the need to destroy the truth. .
Keep you all in the dark, keep you all stupid, just the way they want you.
Infact, I am amazed that the radical muzzies have not introduced compulsory Alcohol drinking and reading of the Sun newpaper every day. :zz
Maybe that will have to wait until the Koran becomes less fearful as the faith amongst the masses dwindles,
as it does when a lie cannot past the test of time.

Time's running out anyway, one way or another.. You just aint been told... :cg
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.
timetraveller

Post by timetraveller »

If this story is a hoax it is certainly not a recent one. I first heard, and was shown articles about this (destroying of the Pyramids, or covering them with Wax) several months ago in Luxor. Many people were discussing it at the time. It did seem then that that is exactly what some Salafists were calling for, on the grounds that the Pyramids are 'un-Islamic'. Some Egyptians I know were discussing it as well. They seemed to believe it and not find it particularly surprising. I remember it very clearly because after a few drinks several of us were musing as to whether the wax would melt and soften enough to start running into the streets of Giza!

Do I believe it? Yes, I believe there is an ultra conservative Islamist element that would advocate such action. Do I believe that such an act of wanton destruction of some of the world's most precious historic monuments could happen? I would certainly hope not, and would imagine that the wider world would intervene if any such moves were made. After all, the Pyramids are not just the heritage of Egypt but of all of mankind. Aside from the Copts, who claim that some of them can trace their lineage right back to the Pharoah's, modern day Egyptian's have no real link to Ancient Egypt and it is not 'their' history in that sense. Islam did not take hold in Egypt until several millenia later via Ottoman invaders. Yet, by virtue of their tenure in Egypt, they are the custodians of the most precious relics of a wonderful ancient civilisation. To date they have, in the main, respected and preserved that culture. |I sincerely, hope that they continue to do so. And of course the Pyramids are un-Islamic. They pre-date Islam by at least 1500 years!
Sylhilly

Post by Sylhilly »

timetraveller wrote: Aside from the Copts, who claim that some of them can trace their lineage right back to the Pharoah's, modern day Egyptian's have no real link to Ancient Egypt and it is not 'their' history in that sense. Islam did not take hold in Egypt until several millenia later via Ottoman invaders. Yet, by virtue of their tenure in Egypt, they are the custodians of the most precious relics of a wonderful ancient civilisation. To date they have, in the main, respected and preserved that culture. |I sincerely, hope that they continue to do so. And of course the Pyramids are un-Islamic. They pre-date Islam by at least 1500 years!
Are you suggesting that the Ottomans supplanted the indigenous Egyptians? Egypt was ruled by Muslims for nearly 900 hundred years before the Ottoman invasion. I only know a handful of Egyptians but they all insist that 'Hot Chicken Soup' was their grandmother. And as for the pyramids being un-Islamic, they may be non-Islamic in the same way that Stonehenge is non-Christian, but that's totally different to being un-Islamic or un-Christian.
Teddyboy
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by Teddyboy »

Sylhilly, it's obvious to even a casual observer of Egyptian Muslims, that Egyptian Islam is heavily tainted by beliefs, superstition, and indeed practices, which have their origins in Pharaonic times. Therefore a serious Islamic commentator or scholar could definitely assert that the ancient temples and burial grounds and the study of them and their rituals were indeed, "un" Islamic, and should be made unavailable to the impressionable faithfull.

Add into this mix that even though Islam had not been thought of, the fact is, that Abraham was also a Muslim!
timetraveller

Post by timetraveller »

Yes Sillyhilly,, the first Islamic invasion of Egypt was circa 640AD prior to which Egypt was part of the Byzantine Empire. And, you are correct, Egypt was ruled by the Mamluks prior to the Ottoman Invasion in about 900 years later. I 'm no historian but I do believe the indiginous population (Pharaonic) were pretty much supplanted by then and the country was primarily Coptic Christian.

And of course the pyramids are 'un-Islamic' in the same way that Stonehenge is 'un-Christian'. That thought had occurred to me as well. But if the reports are to be believed (and a few months ago there were apparently such reports in the Egyptian press) that's precisely why the Salafists want them destroyed or at least covered up. Because they're 'pagan', not Islamic, and they do not believe that they have any place in an Islamic country. Can you imagine the reaction in England if Christians were to say that Stonehenge should be destroyed for similar reasons? It would be seen as complete madness. And quite rightly so.
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

There is another way to life that was never entirely destroyed. This "way" was the truth and was Global.
When this way was sytematically removed from the world by what is now the catholic church,
the knowledge went underground, it had to to survive.

At best, all the Great Pyramid can do now, is to serve as a reminder to people.
Having said that, there's more to the Giza Plateau than is visible to the naked eye..
Teddyboy
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by Teddyboy »

"There is another way to life that was never entirely destroyed. This "way" was the truth and was Global.
When this way was sytematically removed from the world by what is now the catholic church,
the knowledge went underground, it had to to survive."

So, don't keep us in suspense, BM! Which "way" or "truth" are you referring to?
TonyC

Post by TonyC »

Destroy the Pyramids? Will the president listen to his tourist authorities, or to the Sheikh of Sheikhs? Seriously, though...
Jane Akshar wrote:Irresponsible reporting George, it is a hoax as reported here http://thedailynewsegypt.com/2012/07/11 ... -pyramids/
Well done to the responsible reporting of the Daily News in showing Egyptians just what outside forces are up to in their bid to harm the country! But nice to see that right-wing American blogger on here again (remember how a forum member duly fed us his rubbish about Muslim sex-after-death?).
Teddyboy
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by Teddyboy »

"rubbish about Muslim sex-after-death?"

I thought that topic was dead and buried!
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Teddyboy wrote:"There is another way to life that was never entirely destroyed. This "way" was the truth and was Global.
the knowledge went underground, it had to to survive."

So, don't keep us in suspense, BM! Which "way" or "truth" are you referring to?

The truth before religion came in and destorted it all and made people into slaves.
then they stole land, created borders and divisions on so many levels.

They did this through creating fear, lying and creating doubt, from doubt came pain and suffering,
the cries of someone suffering can lower the frequency and the connection to the one.

Truth, we can live in Love and care for each other, no governement will ever care for you, they just want your money and the power.
Truth, just about everything you have been taught is a lie.
Truth, we can heal oursleves, in more ways than one, no doctors required.
Truth, LOVE conquers all, not Guns.

Quick lesson to ponder, Fear is the opposite of Love, NOT hate.
Teddyboy
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by Teddyboy »

OK, so I'm just thick! Or are there more than me who see this explanation as still as clear as mud? Or maybe it's only meant to be understood by special initiates?

Like many, I do know that "perfect love casts out fear", but that's not what you are saying, is it?
Scottishtourist
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Scottishtourist »

BM,you offend my sensitivities at times!
Why are you so down on the "Catholic Church?"
I admit that I am Roman Catholic.I feel no shame in it.I am staunch anti-abortionist and have firm views on drugs,fornication and "orfi marriages."
I also question my faith at times and have admitted that death terrifies me!I believe in an afterlife...but have no desire to go there anytime soon!
Religion does not create divisions or borders...it merely gives some people a focus in life,and everyone's beliefs should be respected.
I hear chapel bells every Sunday,sometimes I go,sometimes I don't.
How many Muslims pray 5 times a day?And how many do it sincerely?They too are indoctrinated!
I too,in my ignorance firmly believe that the pyramids are "un-islamic"as are the tombs of the Pharoahs,but they are history and to many the mainstay of an economy.
Do not criticize "believers."Why advocate reiki,crystal healing,alternative therapies,etc?
If you believe in their power,then maybe they will work for you.
I personally believe in the power of prayer to a "higher being"...and manufactured drugs.
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Teddyboy wrote:OK, so I'm just thick! Or are there more than me who see this explanation as still as clear as mud? Or maybe it's only meant to be understood by special initiates?

Like many, I do know that "perfect love casts out fear", but that's not what you are saying, is it?
No one is thick, thats a judgement statement, or, a comparison made against a pre conceived notion of intelligence and it's levels.
Typical human response, looking to separate ones self. It probably does not feel good, looking at those negative words.

I tend not to make judgements, only use them in jest. ie get something positive out of a negative. that's how I view my whole life, without judging anyone or anything. Its a damn hard struggle most of the time, because life is a series of habits, and some are hard to break, but I found judgement to be a major obstacle to happiness and feeling good.

And, Fear is an illusion, it is just a belief. :cg

Have a great life, enjoying it as much as possible, realise that the crap is teaching you a lesson, so it is now a good thing..
Using LOVE to understand Life, fear moves out of your frequency.. So LOVE does conquer all. Yes.

Belief systems are much of what it is all about, and life is a series of circumstances. One after the other, how much attention you pay to each circumstance is what we experience. Through what we believe about that circumstance. Change the belief, change the circumstance, and just do things that make you feel good, make sure you make the time to do that.

I hope that makes sense :up

Oh ****, here's the God squad.. I'll get to you in a few minutes ST :cg
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

That's too much for me to answer in one night ST.

I like your comments,

In no particular order, although, tonight given that it's late, I will answer the shorter ones.

Manufactured Drugs. I have worked for a Pharmaceutical company, they are a rip off, charging excessive amounts for cheap products, RAPING the NHS, and denying them ( if they are so good, ) to poorer countries..
They have banned plants, and lied about them to the general public, through mainstream education.
laws are passed to prevent people using certain plants.

The EU is banning herbal medicine, because of pressure from the Pharmaceutical companies, A huge market, and they will take that market. !

It leads on to other industries, the way it all works out,. Governments etc...

In the bigger picture of things, on a human level, due to laws created by governments by the pharmaceutical company lobbyists,
cures have been denied, and truth be known Human evolution has even been delayed somewhat... But that is another subject entirely..

I critiscise certain human beleif's, Yes, I see a way past those belief's, if they conflict with truth.

But, I'm the same, I have VERY strong belief's and I just laugh about it sometimes, I really do not take life THAT seriously.
I too believe and use the power of prayer, I do it subconciously most of the time though, It's called synchronicity..
but occassionaly give Prayer my full attention when I meditate, I take it all seriously, but there's a time and place for everyhting, and I like to inject humour. Live young, enjoy it all..

My reply to Teddyboy says much about me an my belief's.. They make sense and work for me, why change that ? Life is as complicated or as easy as you make it..

A Lady taught me something a while ago, it was only a few words, It's my signature... takes some getting used to, but it works a treat ! :cool:

speak later ? , see how this topic plays out.. :cg Nos Da :up