Library?

Luxor is ancient Thebes and has a fascinating past. Share your knowledge or ask your questions here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Re: Library?

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Jane, you have just answered the question I was about to post. I have a friend in Luxor, in much the same situation as Maakari's hubby. He is a teacher but is also training as a guide, and is keenly interested to read and learn more about the ancient sites but in English. Please would you send me the contact info too so that he can make further enquries for himself.

If anyone can suggest any good English language DVD's that help explain the sites, or are even just the ones sold to tourists but have worthwhile content and information, rather than just been a visual aid memoir, I'd be grateful for any suggestions and information. Thanks.

Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Library?

Post by Winged Isis »

I have previously given old copies of Lonely Planet and other guidebooks to guides-in-training I know, for the content (though admittedly limited, better than the nothing they usually have access too), and practice in reading/speaking/spelling/writing English. They also welcome those in other languages, as they usually have studied at least one other than English.

They have also used me as a pretend client to practise their guiding skills on before they graduated, eg. remembering slabs of information, language and practical matters like arranging transport, etc.
Carpe diem! :le: