New free on-line archaeology magazine

Luxor is ancient Thebes and has a fascinating past. Share your knowledge or ask your questions here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Kevininabydos
Palestine

New free on-line archaeology magazine

Post by Kevininabydos »

There is a new on-line archaeology magazine available as a PDF file. This issue is free to download, not sure about future issues. Some of the articles are in different languages, which I found a bit odd but I copied and pasted chunks to Google translate and it did a good enough job for me to understand it. Here is the link to the download: http://worldwidearchaeology.org/wp-cont ... ssue-1.pdf

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”

Marcus Aurelius
Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Brian Yare »

Thank you for this link. I had not spotted the new magazine elsewhere on the Egyptology circuit.

As it is run from Cairo I am not surprised that some is in Arabic, which I do not claim to be able to read.

But all the more serious journals accept articles in several languages, and any professional Egyptologist would be expected to have some familiarity with English, French and German at least.

I will go away and read this from cover to cover (with the help of dictionaries where I am not fluent and Google translate where I am completely ignorant.

I may report back later, but my initial questions are such as "is it peer-reviewed".

Anyway, that is my weekend filled. :-)
FABlux
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by FABlux »

Thanks Kevin, finally downloaded it after 3 attempts! Looks interesting but think Google translate will be busy :oops: