Morning Walk

A place to swap ideas, share your hobbies, pass on hints and tips and discuss how you spend your free time.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Morning Walk

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Went for a walk this morning to one of the local wetland Marsh areas.

There are pathways around this entire marsh and several viewing spots for birds that have been built along the trail ways. Wasn't able to get close enough today to any of the more exotic birds (Kingfishers, Herons) that are resident here to get a good photo.

The pathways are dotted with bird nests and sometimes if you wait and are lucky enough you can see the parents landing and/or babies peeking out.

Salmon berries are everywhere. Bears love 'em and seeing piles of scat on the trail isn't always comforting but for the most part the black bears around here steer clear of humans IF they hear you coming.

These are out in full bloom right now but I haven't a clue what they are.

These are also all around the marsh. Not sure if they're a wild variety of something or if they are there because somebody planted them but they are pretty.

Seems baby is a big as Mom and was hopping about the path actively begging for Mom to deliver food :) :)

Any other shares of a daily outing?? Be lovely to compare the differences .......

Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Re: Morning Walk

Post by Horus »

Nice pictures, thanks for posting, are those 'Salmon berries' actually wild Raspberries ?
The yellow flower is a 'Flag Iris' and they grow wild, we have them in the UK and there is also a blue version, but its less common.
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

The Salmon berries are really flat and dry-ish but are one of the earliest berries that come out here. They're prolific. Some people make jam out of them but you have to pick a ton and there isn't much flavor at all. Bears eat them as do all the birds.

We do seem to be a Mecca of berries though. The wild blackberries are THE BEST. They have so much natural pectin in them you don't need to add any to make them jell or jam.

Am hoping everybody else will join in with their own version of their morning walk. Be super cool to see the differences of where those of us who are on L4U live. Bet there is a huge diversity :) :) :) :)
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Well I'm sure you have seen plenty of my walks with my dog Annie over on the E4U side, but I will try and post a few pictures over here. :) but I agree it would be nice if a few Luxorians were to take a stroll with a camera and post a few shots outlining their stroll. :up
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Definitely would be nice to SEE through the eyes of everybody on here. Doesn't have to be just us and Luxor can be from anywhere :) :) :) :)

HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT

:up :up :up :up
FABlux
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by FABlux »

Here's a shot of our morning walk. It's Petras beach near Sitia in Crete. Trouble is it gets so crowded as you can see :lol:
Sunday afternoon there were about 20 people on the beach, the photo is only looking one way from the centre of the beach so plenty of space.
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@FABLux - I feel so sorry for you having to battle those crowds. Must be awful ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)