To Fran and Barry

A place to swap ideas, share your hobbies, pass on hints and tips and discuss how you spend your free time.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Grandad

To Fran and Barry

Post by Grandad »

Hello to you both. You may remember when you were still in the UK that we used to compare notes on our foxy friends. I just thought I would let you know we still have our annual litter of cubs and this year we have two vixens and one dog. Two wives, he must be a muslim fox ;)
We have not seen the cubs YET but should do very soon. Got this 'selfie' with one of the 'mums' the other evening at supper time, which I thought you might like to see. Hope you are both well. :up

Grandad :gg:
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Re: To Fran and Barry

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Lovely to see you back here Grandad... :up I trust you and yours all all good ? :wi
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Momma fox definitely has a very good coat on her but also has a pretty wary look in her eyes too.
Grandad

Post by Grandad »

LovelyLadyLux wrote:Momma fox definitely has a very good coat on her but also has a pretty wary look in her eyes too.
I think it was my upstretched right arm having difficulty holding a normal camera that she was wary of LLL. I don't have one of these all singing all dancing smart phones and a 'selfie stick' :lol: :lol:
Bullet Magnet wrote:Lovely to see you back here Grandad... :up I trust you and yours all all good ? :wi
I often look in BM but as we have not been to Egypt for more than 2 years there are no immediate questions about how things are there. And I keep up to date reading these topics. :up

We are both fine and thanks for asking but as octo...... Tempus is bl**dy well Fugiting like Louis Hamiltons Mercedes :lol:

I am surprised you haven't 'morphed' into another ID by now......I keep an eye on you and Major Thom :lol: :lol:
FABlux
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by FABlux »

Grandad how lovely to see you and your beautiful foxes, she is really lovely and what a wonderful coat. :D I really miss ours :( Have the cubs appeared yet?

Sorry haven't replied before but we are in Crete (came Saturday) & haven't been on the forum since. Tried on the tablet but can't log in so dug out laptop today.
Grandad

Post by Grandad »

Fran, my first sighting of a cub last evening and again this evening. Don't yet know how many we have this year but they seem to hide under the bushes and will eventually venture out when mum lets them. They still love their jam sarnies and anything sweet. I do give them the odd rabbit (as shot) so they learn to get into it themselves. (Son in Law goes shooting rabbits and gets far more than we want :lol: )

What is Crete like? We have been looking for new destinations....
FABlux
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by FABlux »

Oh how lovely, maybe you can get some photos once Mum lets them out in the open. Do they like marmite sarnies? Mum used to love them but Missie hated it, which just goes to show how accurate that advert was :lol:

We love Crete as long as you avoid the teenage bar resorts it is beautiful and with enough Minoan history sites to keep you occupied and interested. Although we had visited many times over the last 20+ years we spent about 3 - 4 weeks travelling round the island looking for a long stay spot in 2013 & settled on Sitia. Spent a bit over 7 weeks here last year and doing the same this time, but thinking we may stay longer. Woken by a thunderstorm this morning & were like a couple of kids with big grins looking out at it. not something we see at home really :oops: Sun was out by 10 though.