The Air Umbrella..

A place to swap ideas, share your hobbies, pass on hints and tips and discuss how you spend your free time.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

The Air Umbrella..

Post by Who2 »

Now here is a really clever invention and an investment opportunity all rolled into one.
It seems to work, but it doesn't say what happens when two umbrellas collide, but never the less a useful legal weapon to go armed with in public.. :cool:
Ps: If you lived in Islington London you'd understand..

"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Re: The Air Umbrella..

Post by Bullet Magnet »

An invisible umbrella eh ? I can see how that would work... :tk

remember that story about the Emperor's new clothes ? ...... Well, have I got news for you... :up
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

:roll: Think I'll stick with just going out and getting wet - even though I have an ever growing collection of visible umbrellas!

That gadget looks more cumbersome than an actual umbrella. When they make that invisible too I may reconsider. ;)
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

Mmmm, isn't this going to have the same effect as when a car drives through a puddle and as a pedestrian you get soaked as a result?

From what I can see, this device blows the rain to the side, if you are taller than the person you happen to be passing who is using one it looks like you will get a blast of rain in your face.

Yes you may already be getting wet but the force required for the air to push the water to the side is going to be considerable given that air is obviously lighter than water.

Umbrellas are one of those devices that have been very popular over the years despite the fact that they are ineffective in what they set out to achieve in anything other than very light rain conditions and then, only if there is little or no wind (which normally accompanies rain) which makes the rain come down at an angle.

At least with an umbrella you are less likely to get a smack in the mouth which is what a lot of drivers would get if the people they soaked could get hold of them.