Gamers

A place to swap ideas, share your hobbies, pass on hints and tips and discuss how you spend your free time.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Gamers

Post by Zooropa »

Do we have any in the house?

Jayway
Portugal

Re: Gamers

Post by Jayway »

Explain yourself please.
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Yeah, I love them. :up

Crysis 3 was the last one I played. It gets the aggression out in a harmless way.. :cool:

I enjoy the Need for Speed series of games, and First Person Perspective shoot em ups..

I build my own PC's, so I went the full hog last time and built an Uber Pc for about 1000 UK Pounds, and it still plays the games that are current.
I bought my Grandson the latest Call of Duty so he can play it when he stays at my house, as he games on an XBox, so that is testament to my 2 year old rig.. :up

Last time I was in Luxor, I brought all my older PC games to give away, as someone on here was after some for a friend.

Problem was, I had to buy 3 of those games again, as I really missed playing them...

C 'est la vie :cg
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.
Jayway
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

OH ... YES. I play pc strategy games. FB saga games, Keefy games all on my ancient comp with Windows XP. :)
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

Bullet Magnet wrote:Yeah, I love them. :up

Crysis 3 was the last one I played. It gets the aggression out in a harmless way.. :cool:

I enjoy the Need for Speed series of games, and First Person Perspective shoot em ups..

I build my own PC's, so I went the full hog last time and built an Uber Pc for about 1000 UK Pounds, and it still plays the games that are current.
I bought my Grandson the latest Call of Duty so he can play it when he stays at my house, as he games on an XBox, so that is testament to my 2 year old rig.. :up

Last time I was in Luxor, I brought all my older PC games to give away, as someone on here was after some for a friend.

Problem was, I had to buy 3 of those games again, as I really missed playing them...

C 'est la vie :cg
Yes I know what you mean about re buying games.

Would you believe, I still play a game on my spectrum - Wellington at waterloo.

I also build my own pc's - that way you know what your future expansion options are, if you buy a ready made rig its not always apparent until you lift the hood what the motherboard is - friend bought a pc and wanted to upgrade to play some newer games only for me to look at it and tell him that he had an "on board" graphics chip and no slots for a dedicated card!

Im a big strategy games fan - I love the Civilization series and also the Cities in motion series.

There is also a fairly new survival game - This War Of Mine.

Also into a new RPG at the moment - The Darkest Dungeon.

Im on countdown for a new game release today - Cities Skylines - its a city builder - looks awesome!

Don't do the consoles - too new school for me.
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

I used to love DUNE2, which was the forerunner of Command and Conquer, my eldest son is very good at the strategy games, he enjoys the same games as you, and the latest one I had to get working for him was ROME TOTAL WAR.

You are much better off buying your own kit. in our work we buy all HP kit, and they wanted to upgrade a couple of them to make them suitable for CAD.
the power supply was inadequate and you could not buy a higher spec' replacement or use a clone PSU, and the mainboard only had a maximum capacity to run 8 gig of Ram. !
We could not fit the required graphics card either, as the case was too small. !

I run 2 x SSD drives, I have never looked back, they run really cool, as they have no moving parts, the system is blisteringly quick, especially as I have 16 gig of ram, and turn off Windows swap file and search facility.
I may upgrade my NVidia GTX 660 graphics card later this year, but my AMD A10 Trinity 5800 cpu is hanging in there quite nicely, and I keep it cool with the Corsair Water cooling system for the CPU.

A big case also helps, as I find I get heat issues with smaller cases.

I always use a keyboard for gaming, even though I have an XBox 360 controller on my PC, but my Grandson likes to use that, but I just cant use controllers, even on driving sim's.. I'm Old Skool... :br
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

Bullet Magnet wrote:I used to love DUNE2, which was the forerunner of Command and Conquer, my eldest son is very good at the strategy games, he enjoys the same games as you, and the latest one I had to get working for him was ROME TOTAL WAR.

You are much better off buying your own kit. in our work we buy all HP kit, and they wanted to upgrade a couple of them to make them suitable for CAD.
the power supply was inadequate and you could not buy a higher spec' replacement or use a clone PSU, and the mainboard only had a maximum capacity to run 8 gig of Ram. !
We could not fit the required graphics card either, as the case was too small. !

I run 2 x SSD drives, I have never looked back, they run really cool, as they have no moving parts, the system is blisteringly quick, especially as I have 16 gig of ram, and turn off Windows swap file and search facility.
I may upgrade my NVidia GTX 660 graphics card later this year, but my AMD A10 Trinity 5800 cpu is hanging in there quite nicely, and I keep it cool with the Corsair Water cooling system for the CPU.

A big case also helps, as I find I get heat issues with smaller cases.

I always use a keyboard for gaming, even though I have an XBox 360 controller on my PC, but my Grandson likes to use that, but I just cant use controllers, even on driving sim's.. I'm Old Skool... :br
Ah GTX 660 - snap!

And yes Dune 2 was awesome!

I have several of the Total war games but haven't got into them yet.

I might dive in with the latest - Atilla - looks good.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

I've never had much interest in playing games, but get my laughs seeing the games others play. And a certain Mr. Keefy has made the 42nd request for me to play Candy Crush with him on FB. If it carry's on much longer, it WILL be game on. :lol:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.