Raw Plugs

A place to swap ideas, share your hobbies, pass on hints and tips and discuss how you spend your free time.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Raw Plugs

Post by carrie »

When I lived in the UK there were raw plugs, oh don't know how to describe them, they weren't the normal with a slit in the middle that opens out when you screw into them they had a kind of hook on them. Does anyone know if you can get them here? Also what is the normal size for raw plugs the most popular size, I have been to B and Q and come home with some that are much to big again, size 38 I think and grey. I suppose they will come in sometime.

chiddy

Re: Raw Plugs

Post by chiddy »

it is actually called a rawl plug

look on tinterweb and you should be able to see pictures of different types - this may help source them

coming out soon if you want some fetching
There is no such thing as strangers just friends yet to meet.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Thanks Chiddy no wonder I couldn't find them on the net. Rawl Plugs.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

The two most common sizes are No6 and No8, number eight's are used for the more heavy duty fixings. No 6 requires a six millimeter masonry bit, No. 8, an eight millimeter drill bit. Most hardware, paint shops sell them, but at B&Q they have the better made German drill bits but you have to make sure that they will fit the chuck of your drill [13 mil opening] as they are thicker than the normal ones.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.