Flowers of Trinidad

A place to swap ideas, share your hobbies, pass on hints and tips and discuss how you spend your free time.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Flowers of Trinidad

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Trinidad is quite close to the equator and totally tropical hence flora and fauna everywhere and all totally gorgeous. These are some of the common household orchids that are seen everywhere there. Few other tropical photos too. I absolutely love orchids for many reasons but mostly as they bloom for such a long time. Love 'em.

I garden lots here and African Violets are my forte. I immensely enjoy the gardens of Luxor but have never had luck with cactus, succulents. Many are beautiful but I have never been able to get them to grow successfully.

I hope this link works cause I can't bring myself to go through all the re-sizing to get photos ready for L4U and then not have them print out when I post. You maybe have to cut and paste in the browser.

Enjoy!!

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?u ... feat=email

jewel
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by jewel »

They are so beautiful and colourful LLL! you could make a wonderful collage type picture with those :) :D
I don't have a plan......so nothing can go wrong!

Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

LLL, Your photostream is beautiful :) all of the pictures are worthy of any professional photographer, you have certainly got to grips with your camera, really well done I am so envious :br:
Kiya
United Kingdom

Post by Kiya »

LLL fantastic flower pics, you done really well with your camera capturing these :)
[flash width=270 height=14 loop=true]ad_signatures//kiya-sig.swf[/flash]
Grandad

Post by Grandad »

It was worth our wait LLL, lovely pictures of those delicate plants. :)

Any Diwali pics to follow??????
Grandad :gg:
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

LLL, having had a further look at your lovely pictures, it occurred to me that when taking close up Macro type photographs you may wish to try practicing a technique called 'bokeh'. The very last picture in your photo stream demonstrates it quite well. Basically the idea is to use the narrow depth of field to give the blurred background behind your subject an aesthetically pleasing colouration as well. So instead of just concentrating on the subject itself and ignoring the out of focus background, you would also attempt to make this out of focus area attractive in its own right, many web sites exist that will demonstrate this technique. :)
Christine

Post by Christine »

What a beautiful collection LLL, the colours and clarity of each plant is stunning , just wishing i had your'e ability :)
You get out of life what you are prepared to put in x
Wendy clark

Post by Wendy clark »

Stunning,lovely pics LLL , I too like orchids and as you say the flowers last & last.
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Thank you all for the very kind compliments. It is more the camera than me. I'm really still learning and really think I'll have to take again the photography class I just finished. It was so highly techinical and so much info given per class and since me old brain isn't want it used to be to absorb info am thinking a repeat will help me retain more.

I've never heard of "Bokeh" Horus and any photos that came out with this "style" were quite inadvertent. I'm still very much in learning mode and but each suggestion is really appreciated and now that you mention it it only makes sense to try and get reflections of the main colour in the background too. Seems so simple when you way it but believe me I'd of never thought about it myself. Great suggestion H!! Keep 'em coming!! :):):):)

I've been 'on the run' since I got back but will have photos of Hinda Prayers and Divali coming soon. Am glad that link worked coz it is lots less work than doing all resizing etc to get photos on here. I also hadn't thought about organizing the photos in any particular order but makes sense now........All sooooooo simple.......