What do you do when your bored?

A place to swap ideas, share your hobbies, pass on hints and tips and discuss how you spend your free time.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

What do you do when your bored?

Post by DJKeefy »

I love the Internet, so when im bored I normaly go on YouTube, 10 minutes can lead to hours :) you might be watching a video of certain interest and end up clicking the thumbnail videos on the right and head of in a different direction.

The other day I was watching seconds from disaster and ended up watching commercials of the 70's 8)

This made me laugh today - I love cats :)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Morgita

Post by Morgita »

Unfortunately when I'm bored I go and spend money. I'll have to give youtube a whirl. Mind you I'l probably see/hear something I just have to go and buy. It's a vicious circle.
Countessa
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by Countessa »

Bored? What is this concept of which you speak?? :lol:
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure...
Morgita

Post by Morgita »

I remember going back to work when my firstborn was five months old. I had this amazing thing called a lunch hour. A whole hour to myself when I could do whatever I liked! It was a great feeling. Never mind Countessa it will come around again.
Ashtree0
United Kingdom

Post by Ashtree0 »

Countessa wrote:Bored? What is this concept of which you speak?? :lol:
I'm with you on this one C - chance would be a fine thing to be bored! I guess in moments of downtime I'll occasionally wander onto L4U but I absolutely will not get into the habit of wasting my life away glued to the internet. I won't waste time on facebook or twitter - I not a member of any other forum apart from this one. I can always find something constructive to do with my life whether it's a new project in the garden, going somewhere interesting with my camera, spending time with the family, going out with friends to the theatre, art galleries - the world is an oyster!
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Maybe BORED was the wrong word for me to use, I am glued to my PC, that's my work, but when ive had enough of programming and need a rest from it I might search YouTube etc, otherwise I might go for a long ride on my motorbike.
LivinginLuxor
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by LivinginLuxor »

Yes - by Keefy's original post, Ashtree does those things - maybe to alleviate boredom! Maybe relaxation would be a better word.
I might agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong!
Stan
bigken
Vietnam

Post by bigken »

talking of you tube -

( sorry about the title)

BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

I am only bored if I HAVE TO do something boring or I HAVE TO be in a boring place. I am just such a boring person, who can easily do nothing for a very long time.

:) The cat video was entertaining!
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

I am never bored, but I do have lots of things that take up my time. I love my PC, but for the things I can do on it rather than just internet browsing and I use it to fullfil my creative side mainly in a graphical way involving photography or design of some kind. I love being outside and just taking in nature and the world around me, love my home and garden, local history and walking with my borrowed dog :lol: in fact anything new or interesting will get my attention and sometimes it results in another pass-time being created.
Ashtree0
United Kingdom

Post by Ashtree0 »

Must admit, I find it difficult to just relax - or sit around doing nothing. I always like to be on the go or be doing something constructive. I find gardening one of the best ways to switch off from work - just by getting totally engrossed in physical toil. I think I would like to learn how to relax a bit more and not feel guilty if I'm not achieving something.
Clandestino

Post by Clandestino »

I will be happy about having time for being bored :lol:
"Qui multum peregrinatur, raro sanctifcatur..."
(Homer)
Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Winged Isis »

No time to get bored, either! But like Bennu find some things boring and tedious. For relaxation I read, walk, play the piano, read, go to the cinema/ theatre/art galleries/museums/concerts, shop, read and whenever possible, read! :lol:

Like Ash, this forum is the only technical thing I do, and then mainly for fresh info about Luxor... life is too short to sit in front of a computer any longer than absolutely necessary. You are a long time dead, and there is a whole world out there waiting to be discovered and new things to learn every day. :)
Carpe diem! :le:
Ashtree0
United Kingdom

Post by Ashtree0 »

life is too short to sit in front of a computer any longer than absolutely necessary. You are a long time dead, and there is a whole world out there waiting to be discovered and new things to learn every day. :)
Absolutely!!!!
TonyC

Post by TonyC »

Ashtree0 wrote:
life is too short to sit in front of a computer any longer than absolutely necessary. You are a long time dead, and there is a whole world out there waiting to be discovered and new things to learn every day. :)
Absolutely!!!!
Agreed! Trouble is, with the dismal speeds and service here in Luxor you have to sit at a computer for a long time to get very little done! :roll:
JOJO
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Palestine

Post by JOJO »

If I get bored I end up decorating-I've got through nearly 15L's of paint this week. :)
marvin-carrie
United Kingdom

Post by marvin-carrie »

Play games on L4U

Thanks Keefy :)

Marvin
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

I enjoy gaming on the PC. Fixing computers and tinkering with the cars. Re-programming the ECU to eek out as much BHP as I can. :be:

I also enjoy taking the grandchildren out on walks, they love it down by the river or in the forest below us, or take them to the may old halls and houses we have around here.
reading and music also occupies any free time I have outside of the grandchildren..
Exploring is something I enjoy when on my own or with like minded friends, going out into the mountains and forests, looking at the ancient sites dotted about the place.
Anglesey is a truly fascinating place, and only 45 mins from my home.
Goddess
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by Goddess »

JOJO wrote:If I get bored I end up decorating-I've got through nearly 15L's of paint this week. :)
Is the inside of your home getting smaller with all them layers of paint??

Could have done with you over here this week!
redsaffy
Egypt

Post by redsaffy »

Come on to L4U especially when at work!! :int:
Everything Is As It Should Be For Now Any Way!!