EgyptAir warn about baggage theft

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

EgyptAir warn about baggage theft

Post by newcastle »

The passenger must keep any valuables, like money, electronics, breakable items and others in the hand baggage allowed to be taken on board the plane. Valuable items need not to be placed in the luggages. The valuable belongings are the personal responsibility of the passenger in accordance with international aviation laws and regulations, the EgyptAir statement said.

“We assure EgyptAir customers that their bags are insured according to international agreements binding on all airlines,” it added.

https://www.egyptindependent.com/egypta ... r-handbags

It’s a worldwide problem, but unusual for any airline to give specific warning. Must be rife in Egypt

crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Re: EgyptAir warn about baggage theft

Post by crewmeal »

These days I always make a list and take photos of all items that are carried in my suitcase, just in case. But I dont have any £120 CK jeans or anything like that. Everything including medication, chargers, toiletries etc are always in my hand luggage.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: EgyptAir warn about baggage theft

Post by newcastle »

It’s years since I travelled with anything apart from a cabin bag. Long gone are the days when I could be bothered to take several changes of outfit in order to look well dressed.

3-4 underpants, socks, a couple of shirts and shorts will do for most holiday resorts. If I find I need something else….there’s inevitably a shop that will provide.