The launch of the new plastic currency next month

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

The launch of the new plastic currency next month

Post by DJKeefy »

The Egyptian Central Bank: "The launch of the plastic currency next month, along with the current currency, starting with the 10-pound denomination."
FB_IMG_1622151128990.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: The launch of the new plastic currency next month

Post by Dusak »

DJKeefy wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 10:45 pm The Egyptian Central Bank: "The launch of the plastic currency next month, along with the current currency, starting with the 10-pound denomination."

FB_IMG_1622151128990.jpg
Thank god for that as I seem to spend half my time celotaping torn 5 and 10Le notes together for my friend, fiddling job at the best of times.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Dusak wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:44 am
DJKeefy wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 10:45 pm The Egyptian Central Bank: "The launch of the plastic currency next month, along with the current currency, starting with the 10-pound denomination."

FB_IMG_1622151128990.jpg
Thank god for that as I seem to spend half my time celotaping torn 5 and 10Le notes together for my friend, fiddling job at the best of times.

I trust you disinfect the notes before handling them. I imagine they’re a major spreader of all sorts of infection in Egypt. :(
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

The also cut one's nose when doing a line of Columbian marching powder.... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Who2 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 10:37 am The also cut one's nose when doing a line of Columbian marching powder.... 8)
The new notes might.

The old ones are far too limp to roll.....and probably absorb half of what you’re snorting.

Not that I’d know, of course..... :oops:
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Well I have never inhaled/snorted when offered, plus it seems to turn intelligent humans into idiots... 8)
Ps: Oh! and they seem to forget who owned the £50 quid note.....
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

newcastle wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 9:46 am
Dusak wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:44 am

FB_IMG_1622151128990.jpg

I trust you disinfect the notes before handling them. I imagine they’re a major spreader of all sorts of infection in Egypt. :(
Most certainly as these torn notes are mega stinky ones, hand sanitizer before the operation, wash after, then sanitizer again.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

I'm all for this plastic currency, but I do find they can be a bit slippery and can stick together, so be careful when handing over fresh notes. Ideally they need to be contained in a wallet and not kept loose in the pocket, as they can easily fall out..

I always hated handling that sweaty wet paper currency. God know what life forms were living on them...
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

John Landon wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:21 pm I'm all for this plastic currency, but I do find they can be a bit slippery and can stick together, so be careful when handing over fresh notes. Ideally they need to be contained in a wallet and not kept loose in the pocket, as they can easily fall out..

I always hated handling that sweaty wet paper currency. God know what life forms were living on them...
On one of my trips to Thailand I went to my bank for Stirling, I was given £600 in those new £10ers, didn't like them, too slippery and I got a lower exchange rate for them in Thailand, they prefer £50's. I seem to remember reading the Egyptian paper money was over 1,000 times higher than what is comonly expected to be found bacterial wise on money, a few nasties on the published list. When you give an Egyptian some extra money, they kiss it in thanks, I keep telling my friend not to do this because of the risk, but its instinctive, she does it automatically. Every now and again I spray the inside of my wallet with aftershave to kill the bad smell you get off this cash.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

It seems strange that Egypt now starts on its journey of transferring it currency to the new style in June, so has the the Bank of England finalizes it currency with the release of the new plastic £50 notes, that has quite a few tricks that are going to keep the forgers busy for some.

In truth it was the old £20 note that was forged most, and the Bank of England had quite a few tricks up its 'sleeve' when it came to ensuring they would be trapped. The current £50 paper note is a different concern, it has become the currency of crime, so far the Bank has not released a closing day to exchange the old notes, which is unusual being that the new notes will be released around 23rd June. Further more, after the closing date, old £50 notes not paid into a U.K. bank account have to be submitted by post to the Bank of England accompanied with FULL details of payee, etc.

For the past two years the Bank of Egland has warmed both banks and retailers of taking in £50 notes, the maximum for the banking industry is set at £700, more than that full details required. Talk in the City of London is that the Bank of Egland could make a tidy profit of over £10 BILLION. The currency exchange markets throughout the world will be aware, so if you have the old £50 notes get rid now.

P.S. 1). Will the new notes be as easy for snorting ?
2). Will the Bullingham Club initiated new members be able to burn the new notes.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

Interestingly enough, I had a mate who would always keep his cash under the mattress and always in 20 pound notes.

As he said, not many places like to take 50 pound notes for 2 reasons.

1 because if it's a forgery it's a lot of money to loose.

2 it empties the till of the change.

Back in the 1990's this was no problem, but as banks working with government's would have people believe that people hoarding cash must be really bad people they started changing the currency regularly in an attempt to make life difficult for cash hoarders like my mate.
Think about that for a while if you were in His shoes, having to change your old currency for new each time the bank change the notes.

Even to the point now that if the rozzers find more than a couple of grand in your possession they can now confiscate your hard earned cash until you can prove where it all came from...

It seems people are still using the plastic notes to snort the devil's powder.

Several taxi drivers were subject to drugs testing by the rozzers in Liverpool, and swabs came back positive for cocaine, car confiscated and then have to loose a nights earnings while you go to the police station for a blood test that will intimately prove negative.

One must assume that the police are either being deliberately obtusive or completely thick, because it's a well known fact that over 80% of UK currency in both paper and plastic form is infected with cocaine, and just like covid, one 20 pound note will infect another 20 pound note when in the same wallet..

It's such a joke that we have a war in drugs that was started in the USA back in the 1960's and yet the plants are still winning. Says a lot about our governments and police forces.

Love and peace.. x