Egypt considers resuming domestic tourism amid coronavirus crisis.

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Egypt considers resuming domestic tourism amid coronavirus crisis.

Post by DJKeefy »

The Egyptian Cabinet on Thursday evening said it reviews the possibility to allow domestic tourism, amid the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis, based on precautionary measures and studies, the spokesman said.

The authorities will take the decision within the next few days, Cabinet spokesman Nader Saad said, in an interview with Ala Mas’olity program on Sada Al-Balad.

This comes a day after Prime Minister Mostafa Madbouli announced new preventive measures against coronavirus during the Islamic holy month of Ramadan, including shortening the night curfew and opening some administrative services.

The epidemiological situation in Egypt is still under control, Saad said, although the Egyptian Health Ministry on Thursday reported 232 new infections, the country’s highest daily coronavirus infection counts.

He noted that 80% of the coronavirus patients recover on their own without treatment, while only 4% of the patients needs ventilators. Saad added that Egypt has opened new hospitals for isolation and quarantine.

Concerning restaurants during this month, the takeaway service will be allowed from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m., in accordance with the curfew hours, while the delivery service will be allowed throughout the day.

However, clubs, cinemas, theatres and cafes will remain closed, Saad added.

As Muslims fast in Ramadan and tend to visit their relatives and friends to break their fast at sunset together, Saad advised them to stop such gatherings.

He noted that the Egyptian state’s general approach is easing restrictions in case things go well.

The prime minister’s decision to cancel the full closure of shopping centers on Friday and Thursday aims to avoid crowdedness, Saad said. Also, the decision to reduce the curfew hours came for the same purpose after consulting political and medical experts to ensure the step will not cause an increase in positive cases.

Egypt’s Ministry of Health announced Thursday 232 new coronavirus cases, in an expected surge of the daily detected patients, while 11 people died from the virus.

Health Ministry Spokesman Khaled Megahed said that all of the new cases are Egyptians.

The new cases raise the total number of confirmed COVID-19 patients in Egypt to 3,891 and deaths to 287, Megahed added.

The number of coronavirus cases whose tests turned from positive to negative increased to 1,334, including 1,004 people who recovered from the virus. All positive cases were quarantined at hospitals, the spokesman said.

Source: https://www.egypttoday.com/Article/1/85 ... is-Cabinet

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Re: Egypt considers resuming domestic tourism amid coronavirus crisis.

Post by DJKeefy »

Money first :roll:
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

If I may repeat the comment I madeon another post.....

It’s beginning to look as though Egypt is going for the “herd immunity” approach. You can see the logic...if the entire population is infected then social distancing, curfews etc can be abandoned and the economy restored. And when everyone’s recovered, and can no longer transmit the virus, Egypt can open its doors to tourism as a “safe” destination.

Makes a lot of sense.

Except for the thousands who might die in the process. But...hey...what a neat way to lessen the over- population problem.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

So, what you are saying or the Gov.egypt is, If there is a flight back to Egypt within 12 months,
I might well be on it.
Well, having thought about this scenario when first thinking of buying a gaff in Egypt, I obviously thought that airfares would go through the roof one day, oil ect.

Having travelled a bit and broke down quite a few times, I then researched slow travel by containership.
Nice, slow, see the sea, every container ship has to have paying cabins, rarely used.

Anyhow, it turned out it's not cheap these days,
my mate and his 'miss's just did it to China and back 12 months ago.
They loved every minute of it....

So, I reckon I'm here for at least 15 months if not longer, time flies, one minute you have 3 apartments 2 cars
20 suits a wine cellar and money in a few banks plus credit cards to the max and....
Next your in a 12'x8 cell for 12 months, with just the shirt on your back..

So, get used to it, Personally 'I'm loving it, perhaps God thinks there are just too many humans screwing up his big idea.
Anyhow how, 'Ramadan Kareem all and I really do thank God I'm here and not there.

An awful lot of people are going die so be prepared...
It's not the first pandemic by a long shot and it certainly won't be the last.
So, be Prepared remember the 7 P's look it up and live by it...tara
I'm off to search for a lost cat, not ours... 8)
Ps : 'deals on wheels are still operating....
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Ps: Almost forgot !
Our very own Marilyn Monroe showing how to photobomb, Sophia Loren's photo call.. 8)
Sophocles.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Egypt could try this....

hatusu
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by hatusu »

I didnt smile, I actually laughed out loud watching this!
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

From the sublime to the ridiculous....

Red Sea Governor Amr Hanafy issued a decision on Saturday to resume tourist cruises and boats in all cities in the governorate while taking all preventive and precautionary measures to limit the spread of coronavirus through continuous disinfection and sterilisation.

In a statement, Hanafy clarified that the decision includes taxi and excursion boats.

"The suspension of all other activities – diving, snorkelling, kiting, windsurfing, and submarines – continues until further notice," said the governor.

Hanafy also stressed that any boat that hosts crowds or exchanges passengers out on the water will have its licence revoked.

Since 12 April, no boats have been allowed to operate except for fishing boats, which has greatly limited the spread of the coronavirus in the governorate, according to the statement.

The governor had also issued a pre-emptive decision on 12 April to suspend tourist boats before the Sham El-Nessim holiday on 20 April, as these cruises usually host crowds on Sham El-Nessim.

In an attempt to prevent public gatherings on Sham El-Nessim, the government suspended all public transport, including buses, railways, the Cairo metro, and Nile transport, in addition to regional coach services between different parts of the country and to beach resorts.

All shops, malls, beaches, and public parks and gardens were also completely closed on Sham El-Nessim.

On Saturday, Egypt's health ministry reported 227 new coronavirus cases on Saturday, bringing the country’s total number of confirmed cases to 4,319.

http://english.ahram.org.eg/News/368008.aspx

So, with the onset of hot weather and Ramadan, we’re encouraging bored Egyptians to cruise the Red Sea on the many unemployed tourist boats. Snorkelling not allowed.....but swimming?

Of course they won’t overcrowd them.

Perish the thought...... :urm:
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Remember when I mentioned about them massive cruise boats when all this kicked off.

Well I read this:
ONE-FIFTH of all global ocean cruise ships were infected with coronavirus, leaving at least 2,592 crew and passengers infected and killing 65.

Catchy headline it's the mail obviously.
Now, as all countries don't know their true figures, have all the cruise liners docked or what ?
When this started there was about 178 floating around the globe.
What happened to all the thousands of passengers and crews ?
On March 11 - the day the World Health Organization declared COVID-19 a pandemic - around 550,000 passengers were on cruises.

Any forthcoming information greatly received.... 8)
Ps: Years ago my mate Andy went on a cruise round the artic he loved it,
mind you he also loved HALO jumping out of a plane at 40'000 feet...
Sophocles.
BBLUX
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Location: Winter in West Bank, Luxor and La Vienne, France in Summer
France

Post by BBLUX »

What about the US navy ships that are reporting many sick with Covid 19. Oh I forgot it is a state secret and any captain reporting it gets sacked!

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.